FORUMS

HTC Trophy Screen Defect

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By enak, Junior Member on 27th October 2010, 04:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've noticed a defect on my screen, it looks like a watermark, as if the glass hasn't been coated correctly.

I took the phone back to the shop today and swapped it for another which has the same issue (although not so severe). It's most noticable when the screen is off in bright light.

I'm waiting for new stock to arrive Friday but in the meantime has anyone else noticed this problem?
27th October 2010, 06:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Nope. Everything fine here. (Or at least I can't find anything )
27th October 2010, 06:26 PM |#3  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Ah great, I was thinking it was just me.

I can see it in mine too, around the borders of the glass and especially around the windows button. It mostly shows up when there's fingerprints on the glass, you can see a distinct lighting change around the affected areas.

I'll try to get a picture of it.
27th October 2010, 08:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Ah ok, found it.

But I don't think that this is a defect or sth.,
My guess: These areas lipophobic? Maybe there was some glue on it? Some you won't see any fingerpints on these areas. This would eplain why you can't see them when there are no fingerprints on the screen.

No big deal for me tough.
28th October 2010, 11:22 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
I don't think it's glue. It looks like a screen coating.

I've tried removing it with both isopropyl alcohol and thinners and neither would touch it.
28th October 2010, 11:26 AM |#6  

More
I thought it was a plastic cover to peel off - but no
Me too, I thought it was a plastic cover to peel off - but no it does not peel off, i have air gaps under the edges on 3 sides - and the largest is under the htc screen logo :(
29th October 2010, 06:27 PM |#7  

More
Me too - one long finger top left and some other places bottom and side

pretty sure its some sort of glue residue - you can feel a slight change in resistance

can see it easily by blowing on glass - seems to resist condensation

looks just like screen has been given a quick wipe to clean and they've missed a couple of bits top and bottom.

tried screen wipes and opitcal wipes but no effect
30th October 2010, 07:17 AM |#8  

More
Me too :(
Recieved mine yesterday, immediately noticed the effect. All along the bottom by the buttons, and along the the left hand side.

Looks like 2 layers didn't completely bond perhaps? The glass and whatever provides the black background.

Tim
31st October 2010, 09:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
me as well, ill upload a video of mine in half an hour, its pretty bad on mine, most of the time it isn't visible. and yeah resistance on that area is different when i rub my thumb hard over the screen it is smooth, but over those droplet like parts there is friction..im guessing that most of my screen is coated and those bits are mistakenly not.
(i thought it was the other way round before)

31st October 2010, 10:09 PM |#10  

More
Same issue here - like an air bubble just beneath the surface of display. My device is slightly affected across the top edge, which is not so bad, but there is a large blob just below the windows key along the bottom edge which is a little distracting. Shame it looks like HTC shipped with such a widespread product defect, as this appears it could be.

Am also finding GPS very flaky - location services more often then not just don't work.

Still, very impressed with WP7. Think HTC could do better ... am wondering what the Samsung is like and what the Venue Pro will be like. Tempted to switch!
1st November 2010, 01:58 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
same issue here. seems all devices have this feature ...

ps: today in the office i checked again the screen and found out that you can find this bubbles around the screen everywhere. seems it reacts on humidity. strange ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)