FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Google Home

[UPD][Tracking] Andriod HD2 Open Issues

435 posts
Thanks Meter: 38

By depakjan, Senior Member on 28th October 2010, 12:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Let us track the OPEN issues on Android HD2, we will only discuss problems dealing with android alone, issues arised due to radio, WinMo rom and a specific android rom should be ignored.

AFAIK we still have 3 main Problems

1. GSensor/ Touchscreen Freeze.
Related Files in Android : \system\bin\akmd,\data\misc\AK8973Prms.txt and \system\lib\hw\sensors.xxxxx.so
(xxxxx = htcleo or default or qsd8k or ace or bravo based on the build)

This issue is not noticeable unless you a play game which uses Gsensor (Eg Abduction, NFS Shift ...)

This thread has lot more details about this issue and it could be a possible solution for you (it does not work for me though)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803242

Possible Workaround :
1. Disable Auto-Rotate screen in Settings -> Display
2. Run the following commands in Terminal
mv \system\bin\akmd \system\bin\akmd2
killall akmd
To Restore
mv \system\bin\akmd2 \system\bin\akmd

Basically you are renaming the file 'akmd' which is responsible for the sensor to work

2. Data Disconnects
Related Files : \system\lib\libhtc_ril_wrapper.so

This thread has lot more details about this issue and it could be a possible solution for you (it does not work for me though)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794309

Possible Workaround :
1. Switch Mobile Network OFF and then ON (Add a widget [Widget -> Settings -> Mobile Network])
2. Switch Airplane Mode OFF and then ON (Add a widget [Widget -> Settings -> Airplane Mode])

[EDIT]:
Guys looks like we got a fix.. this wrapper seems to work flawlessly as of now... you can try it here...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=824413

Just download 0.3 file and replace the file at /system/lib using root explorer

3. Occasional Black SOD and Accuracy in Auto Brightness
Newest kernals seems to have this issue, where the display stays black while the keypad lights glow.

Related Files : \system\lib\hw\lights.xxxxx.so
(xxxxx = htcleo or default or qsd8k or ace or bravo based on the build)

Possible Workaround :
1. Show the Sensor of your phone to some bright light source and your display will be back
2. Disable Automatic brightness in Settings -> Display-> Brightness

I will update this thread with Solutions as and when the developers fix it.

Whatever i have written is limited to my knowledge, it could be wrong, if so please correct me, Most of the vetarans know these issues and the work arounds, i have just put everything together for the new comers and to remind the developers of the existing bugs

Mods feel free to move the thread to General if need be.

28th October 2010, 01:17 PM |#2  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi depakjan, This is great, thanks for tracking these issues.
28th October 2010, 01:51 PM |#3  

More
can people confirm this "occasional bsod"?
i haven't seen it since light-sensor is calibrated.
28th October 2010, 03:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
i think the bsod is fixed with 2.12 radio and above..
29th October 2010, 05:27 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Actually BSOD was introduced in the new lights file... it does not occur frequently... also if you have not upgraded you wont have it obviously...
29th October 2010, 05:52 AM |#6  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 607

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by depakjan

Actually BSOD was introduced in the new lights file... it does not occur frequently... also if you have not upgraded you wont have it obviously...

Just so people don't get confused.

BSOD normally refers to the Blue Screen Of Death on boot and should be fixed in the latest kernels.

The black screen due to no back-light is an issue with the auto-brightness and, AFAIK, only happens on CM6 builds that haven't had the correct levels setup.

I could be wrong though as I personally only used it for a few days for testing purposes.

Sent from my HTC HD2
29th October 2010, 06:19 AM |#7  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 947

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastarin

Just so people don't get confused.

BSOD normally refers to the Blue Screen Of Death on boot and should be fixed in the latest kernels.

The black screen due to no back-light is an issue with the auto-brightness and, AFAIK, only happens on CM6 builds that haven't had the correct levels setup.

I could be wrong though as I personally only used it for a few days for testing purposes.

Sent from my HTC HD2

I second that explanation ... and the auto backlight levels in CM builds may actually work better than Desire builds if tweaked properly... atleast for me the reaction time of the sensor is much faster ... accuracy still a problem
29th October 2010, 06:50 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Accuracy is still a problem, so is Black SOD .. i have been getting this in Mdeejay's Revolution, HD .. latest ones...
it so happens when you have been talking over your phone for a long time(which blocks the sensor from light).. and then when you are finished with the call it wont wake up... maybe it did not sense light ... but after you show the sensors over a bright light source.. it comes back..

i have seen couple of posts and users mentioning about this...

lets see if everyone agrees that there is no Black SOD, i will modify the post for accuracy..
29th October 2010, 07:21 AM |#9  

More
Support of HTC extended battery
I have tried a few android builds, but none of them seemed to support OEM HTC 2300mAH extended battery - after android booted up in the dual boot process, the HD2 powered-off by itself. I read some posts that acknowledged the problem, but I have not come across any android build that resolved this issue... Did I miss them? Thanks.
29th October 2010, 07:25 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Can we also add tracking of Idle / Screen Off Battery Drain? Target is 5-8ma, some builds run at 100ma.
29th October 2010, 07:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Is anyone's market busted?

Most apps won't install, but some do just fine. This started last night. I tested on 4 roms now and all exhibit identical behavior. This was NEVER an issue before.
(the stupid mount/unmount trick does nothing)

However, once they've d/led I can install them manually. Except for google voice. It refuses to install LOL. Google must have screwed something big here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)