FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Remove Clock and Date from Statusbar/Notification Clock and Remove Date

108 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By CrushD, Senior Member on 28th October 2010, 01:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
FOR DEODEX'ED SYSTEMS ONLY

I'm new to this, Fascinate being my first Smart phone, and was just tinkering around to get it how I like it and would like to share to those who would be interested.

The clock is removed from the statusbar and the date no longer appears while your notifications are down. If you're Deodex'ed simply place it in your /system/framework/ overwriting the existing services.jar and reboot. Once again this is only for Deodex'ed Systems.

I'm not responsible for any harm you may do to your phone, enjoy.

UPDATE: I've gotten the drop down date widget when you bring down the notifications to stay hidden. You can still find a CW flashable version of my old one posted by Killarny below, but if you don't want your notification icons on the left side of your statusbar to get covered up/or have your slightly transparent status bar look ugly when you pull down notifications, the flash the newest version I posted below "completely_no_date_no_clock". Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------

Another statusbar mod I've got for you. This one hides the clock and replaces the date from the notification drop bar with the time. So in an app and wondering what time it is? Just touch the statusbar to have it pop up. Attached is a clockwork flashable zip to update your services.jar. Enjoy.

EDIT: To people who may later stumble upon this, this does NOT work with DJ05, if you flash it you will not get expected results and perhaps have some problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip no_date_drop_down_clock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (579.6 KB, 289 views)
File Type: zip complely_no_date_no_clock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (579.6 KB, 171 views)

28th October 2010, 10:46 PM |#2  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You should ask Frost if he can .zip this for you so it's flashable through cwm

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
3rd November 2010, 10:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've included your services.jar in a clockworkmod update zip. I hope you don't mind me posting it on your thread
Attached Files
File Type: zip no_clock_or_date_on_notification.zip - [Click for QR Code] (579.7 KB, 86 views)
3rd November 2010, 06:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks guys! This works great so far.

It's especially useful for those running transparent notification pulldowns as the date no longer clashes with notification icons.
6th November 2010, 09:46 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarny

I've included your services.jar in a clockworkmod update zip. I hope you don't mind me posting it on your thread

No problem at all and thanks, your upload is noted in OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activesack

It's especially useful for those running transparent notification pulldowns as the date no longer clashes with notification icons.

Actually, it kinda still does. The drop down still appears over your left side notification icons, just no date text is in the drop down. When I figure out how to completely stop that drop down menu I'll update my services.jar and share.

Updated OP to include another statusbar mod.
7th November 2010, 06:59 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Updated OP with a new version to completely hide the Date drop down.
7th November 2010, 11:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The update is great.. The first notification icon disappearing was odd, glad to see it fixed. I haven't tried the click drop down yet, but that looks good too.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)