Prerequisites:
  • Hairdryer
  • Needle
  • Micro SD Card
  • Screwdriver: T5x50
  • Screwdriver: 0x50
  • pincers

1.) Switch your phone off, and remove your battery/SIM Card

2.) warm (up) the VOID Sticker using your Hairdryer (be careful: To much heat will melt your plastic!) A couple of seconds is enough. Use your needle to carefully remove your sticker. (Be careful not to damage it). Put it then somewhere save. You won't need it 'til you wanna send in your phone to repair.

3.) Remove the 5 Screws

4.) Open the phone using your thumb fingernail/Credit Card:

5.) Gently pull off the Silver Layer using your fingernail/pincers. Again: Use hairdryer to warm up the glue, so it will get off more easily

6.) Remove the Silver Cover from the Micro SD Card Slot, and exchange the Card

7.) Reassemble your phone, (Be careful, the Volume Rocker might pop out), beginning at the Bottom.

8.) Insert SIM Card and Battery and start your phone. After booting up your memory will be like 15MB - don't be scared - that's normal - Reset your phone (Settings - System - about - Reset your phone)

9.) If everything went fine, you should get a similar screen like shown below:

Working SD-Cards for Trophy:

Manufacturer | Size | Class | Part Number | Working | Comment | Minium Transfer Rate | Maxium Transfer Rate | Average Transfer Rate | Access Time

DANE | 16 GB | 2 | N/A | No | very slow and not recognized
Kingmax | 16 GB | 10 | N/A | No | not working at all, loop reboot
Sandisk | 8 GB | 4 | N/A | Yes | Original | 2,9 MB/sec | 3.4 MB/sec | 3.1 MB/sec | 1.5ms
Sandisk | 16 GB | 2 | N/A |Yes | Nothing remarkably changed
Sandisk | 16 GB | 4 | SDSDQM-016G-B35 | Yes | | 3,8 MB/sec | 3.9 MB/sec | 3.8 MB/sec | 1.7ms
Sandisk | 16 GB | 4 | SDSDQ-016G-P36M | Yes |
Sandisk | 32 GB | 2 | SDSDQ-032G-E11M | Yes | seems faster than original one
Sandisk | 32 GB | 2 | SDSDQ-032G-P36M | Yes | seems faster than original one
Sandisk | 32 GB | 4 | N/A | Yes | faster than original one
Team | 16 GB | 6 | N/A | No | very slow and not recognized
Toshiba | 16 GB | 2 | N/A |Yes | seems faster than original one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trophy_open.jpg
Views:	12734
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	491969   Click image for larger version

Name:	trophy_void.jpg
Views:	12732
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	491972   Click image for larger version

Name:	trophy_silver_layer.jpg
Views:	13234
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	491973   Click image for larger version

Name:	trophy_memory.jpg
Views:	13074
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	491976   Click image for larger version

Name:	trophy_microsd.jpg
Views:	13322
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	491978  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DominikZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DominikZ Ad-Free

28th October 2010, 05:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I know in Holland, even though the stickers says it would void your guarantee if broken, that's actually against the law, and you are allowed to open/disassemble everything you buy. You only void the guarantee if you would break it, but that's obvious
29th October 2010, 09:34 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 829

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_PRX

I know in Holland, even though the stickers says it would void your guarantee if broken, that's actually against the law, and you are allowed to open/disassemble everything you buy. You only void the guarantee if you would break it, but that's obvious

LOL, i've broken the sticker when trying to remove the sticker without damaging it. Now my sticker is broken without even touching the screws (I hope you are right about the guarantee thing)

Have to buy a special screwdriver to open it. Will post if I can find anything.
29th October 2010, 09:50 AM |#4  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any luck???
29th October 2010, 10:48 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelflap

Have to buy a special screwdriver to open it. Will post if I can find anything.

Sounds great. (Not that you broke your sticker, but that you're trying to open the phone ) Maybe there is some way to improve the storage of the Trophy. Looking forward to that.

Maybe you could upload some pictures too?
29th October 2010, 04:37 PM |#6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht

More
Nope, nada.... no MicroSD card slot. Here's a picture:

I couldn't peel of the silver layer, but it is obvious that there's nowhere a slot underneath.

More (highres) pictures here:
http://img255.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=14312167.jpg

I think the removable memory is only for models that have more memory variants, like the HD7
29th October 2010, 08:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
there must be a sd card slot because try to get into the bootloader and you will see

sd sandisk 7580mb class 0
on the rainbow screen
29th October 2010, 09:14 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theviruz

there must be a sd card slot because try to get into the bootloader and you will see

sd sandisk 7580mb class 0
on the rainbow screen

Interesting, class 0... that would be a legacy card. With that in mind read this article: http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/m...f-poor-quality

Maybe there's a card under the silver layer. Problem is, I could peel the layer off but there's no way to get it on. So I decided not to do so.

The block with the silver layer has nowhere a opening on the side for a removable card.
29th October 2010, 10:16 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
I think so too that there must be a Micro SD Card hidden somewhere on the phone. In fact you can order a card for the Trophy (HD7 as well) on the htc website.

Maybe we can find someone who dares to peel off the silver layer
I would do it myself, but first i have to find a way where to get these "VOID" stickers, so that I can remove the sticker and after finishing put a new one on the screw.
30th October 2010, 05:13 AM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominikZ

I think so too that there must be a Micro SD Card hidden somewhere on the phone. In fact you can order a card for the Trophy (HD7 as well) on the htc website.

Maybe we can find someone who dares to peel off the silver layer
I would do it myself, but first i have to find a way where to get these "VOID" stickers, so that I can remove the sticker and after finishing put a new one on the screw.

Maybe I have no problem to peel off the layer if I could only see a possible space on the side of the block with the silver layer to slide in a card. All spaces where that is possible and where there could be a slot hidden are blocked by electronic parts. So if there's a card somewhere, I think it's really problematic to change it.

For me that's pretty much it. I don't need extra memory thát bad. And I think that in the future extra memory is disclosed by using extra storage space on internet servers. We now do already have an extra 5Gb with a zune account.
30th October 2010, 10:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
The chip could be soldered on to the board. Or maybe WP7 just assumes all memory as being an SD Card? That would explain the Class 0 reporting, unrecognised card class.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)