FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unlocking Tmo Vibrant

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By mhseraph, Member on 28th October 2010, 05:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
June 2011 RE-EDIT... Use the instructions here or here to unlock.

EDIT: SIM-Lock on JI6 has been solved for me with helroz's repair_nv_data.zip, read further along...

Page 11, Post 103 has a good copy of the instructions (but read the whole thread)

Also, heres a link to the corresponding thread in the Captivate forums

Can someone who has had Tmobile US for at least 40 days put a request in for an unlock code for my Vibrant? I only have ATT and no friends with Tmo. The Tmobile unlock team already refused my request. You would just need to call Customer Service, ask for the unlock team. I tried all the solutions in the forums - I have a messed up nv_data (bought it on craigslist). Shoot me a PM if your willing to help. Thanks in advance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mhseraph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mhseraph Ad-Free

28th October 2010, 05:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 200

More
how many days since you have your vibrant?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
28th October 2010, 06:42 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
I bought it 2 days ago from a guy on craigslist
28th October 2010, 06:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There is an apk you can get called sgs unlock and it will give you the unlock code
28th October 2010, 06:45 PM |#5  
Savannah
Thanks Meter: 6

More
the sgs unlocker doesn't work if the vibrant's had the JI6 update flashed or any other custom ROMs in it.
28th October 2010, 06:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm also trying to unlock my JI6 updated vibrant. I was a dumbass and didn't unlock it when it was on JFD.
I paid cellunlocker.net for a code, but apparently it takes up to 3 days to get the code.
28th October 2010, 06:49 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Yup,it had ji6 when I got it, and tmo won't give me the code cause I'm not their customer

And abaybas, please let me know if the code you get works
28th October 2010, 07:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
In this case, would you be able to unlock it if you flash your phone with JFD stock ROM then flash it back to JI6?
28th October 2010, 07:45 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Nope. I odin'd back to stock. Ive tried the fixes. I just need someone to contact tmo for me
28th October 2010, 07:56 PM |#10  
Austin
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Ill do it. Whats the imei on the phone? it can take up to 72hrs but most times when I call its less.
28th October 2010, 08:10 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
No need! Just got it unlocked with a file that helroz sent me
Repeat: You can unlock a JI6 flashed phone using a file that changes the SIM unlock code (I was running bionix fusion when i did it)
Someone please work with him to turn it into an app if thats possible... its just a couple bat files and a jar that edit the files i believe

Thanks so much french dude (helroz)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)