FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

2.1 Discussion.

2,032 posts
Thanks Meter: 699
 
By TheDeadCPU, Retired Senior Moderator on 29th October 2010, 11:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
This WILL be the 2.1 thread. ALL 2.1 related things go here until 2.1 is out!
 
 
29th October 2010, 11:38 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Anyone know if this will increase the speed over the current 1.6?
I get really sluggish response times on the phone sometimes.
Need o get Whatsapp messenger working as well!
29th October 2010, 12:08 PM |#3  
F3niX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 326
 
More
Here guys
This is a benchmark of X10 running on 2.1 according to the site:
X10 2.1 Benachmark

looks like its much faster
Cant wait
29th October 2010, 12:34 PM |#4  
darfito's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Today I'm pesimist... SE UK's Twitter:

Quote:

Hi everyone, we know you are all waiting for your update. Things are moving fast here, we will have news very soon. Please bear with us.

So I'm feeling like a silly guy. They're laughing at us... I think will be Halloween onwards...
29th October 2010, 01:18 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Finally:
"Today I can confirm that we will start the roll-out of the Android 2.1 based updates for Xperia X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro now this coming Sunday. The roll out will start in the evening European time"
http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2010/10/
29th October 2010, 01:48 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
seriously speaking, being an x10 mini pro user,
and sort of played with other android 2.1 and 2.2 phones around..
i kinda feel that my x10 mini pro is much smoother than the rest..

which is why i cant wait for 2.1 to come out!!
29th October 2010, 02:17 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippie

Finally:
"Today I can confirm that we will start the roll-out of the Android 2.1 based updates for Xperia X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro now this coming Sunday. The roll out will start in the evening European time"
http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2010/10/

Xperia™ X10 update to Android 2.1 in Q4 2010

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/develo...-1-in-q4-2010/

Same blog same people same lack of sense of time.
29th October 2010, 02:17 PM |#8  
F3niX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 326
 
More
2.1 by Sunday eve
This is great news
See here
X10 update by Sunday
29th October 2010, 02:19 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutioner

seriously speaking, being an x10 mini pro user,
and sort of played with other android 2.1 and 2.2 phones around..
i kinda feel that my x10 mini pro is much smoother than the rest..

which is why i cant wait for 2.1 to come out!!

I want 2.1 because it will solve the battery problem.
29th October 2010, 02:24 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlissine

Xperia™ X10 update to Android 2.1 in Q4 2010

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/develo...-1-in-q4-2010/

Same blog same people same lack of sense of time.

Uhm, that's a post from the 5th of May .
The news for release on sunday is from today.
The Following User Says Thank You to vippie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vippie Ad-Free
29th October 2010, 02:28 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippie

Uhm, that's a post from the 5th of May .
The news for release on sunday is from today.

But it is still valid. Aside from a small Scandinavian community, rest of the world will receive the upgrade in Q4 (November, December). Besides despite their assurance that the whole X10 family will get upgrade, what i read in scandinavian forums is that so far only X10 and not mini and mini pro are bing upgrades. So realistically we can expect UK unbranded in the middle of November, as I always said.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes