[FlashPatch] IncDoes flash-patch [v0.2] Nov-12th

631 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By IncredibleDoes, Senior Member on 31st October 2010, 04:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
BETA~

"Before you download please read 2nd post"

Quote:

This is the first stage of flash-patch development, this will be used to get AOSP/Vanilla builds onto our INC's in an easy suitable way that fits us all. No more rebuilding or packing a whole new zip
I will be updating the patch as we get more fixes. v0.1 is released and you can grab them below.

Quote:

Download AOSP FlashPatch v0.2:
http://ziggy471.com/incredibledoes/A...0.2-signed.zip

What the patch does:
- flashes INC's necessary system files
- flashes INC's boot.img

What to come:
- Sense ROM support

How to install:
- download flash-patch (posted above)
- download an AOSP/Vanilla rom
- full wipe required
- flash the AOSP/Vanilla ROM but DO NOT REBOOT after install
- flash the patch over the AOSP/Vanilla ROM
- now reboot

Quote:

That's pretty much it for now, later I will clean up the install and add more fixes to it... Please report back the ROM tested and/or if it failed.

ID

31st October 2010, 04:14 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lone Tree

More
OKAY, this is a beta form flash-patch. This Patch will flash over any AOSP/Vanilla build "IF" the update/r-script is not asked to read the board of your device...?!

EXAMPLE:
- CyanogenMod builds have a getprop in the script which will not let you flash. If the script has something like this:
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "passion" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "passion" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "passion");
then the installation will fail because the board does not match.. you can simply edit these your selves by editing the update/r-script...
Quote:

BEFORE:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "passion" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "passion" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "passion");

AFTER:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "inc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "inc" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "inc");

You can test out AOSP/Vanilla ROMS from any device like Droid, Desire, EVO, Nexus etc... as long as the script does not require the 'getprop' then you should be fine.

PLEASE NOTE: No telling on which roms are supported, only way to find out is to look around the forums and give it a flash... If tested and worked please post ROM/Developer so I can update OP.

Quote:

"HOW TO EDIT update/r-script" 2 different ways~

Quote:

NOTE: There is 2 different scripts "update-script" and "updater-script" you will see that I write "update/r-script" because there of the two different scripts. Updater-script comes with an "updater-binary" I never edit the binary so you can leave it alone... just edit the update or updater-script.

1- unzip the downloaded ROM
2- open folder META-INF >> com >> google >> android >> update/r-script
3- Open the update/r-script using an xml reader (For WINDOWS use notepad++) (For LINUX use gedit) or something similar...
4- Change the getprop "<device>" to getprop "inc"
5- save and replace the old update/r-script with the one you just saved
6- sign .zip and flash (If I remember correctly Clockwork recovery does not need a signed update.zip so signing the .zip is not required)

Quote:

1 easy step:
This is the easiest way to edit the update/r-script... Completely remove the "assert getprop"

~EXAMPLE from CyanogenMod for N1~

Before:

Quote:

ui_print("Welcome to CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC1-N1!");
assert(getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.2012" ||
getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.0012" ||
getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.35.2017" ||
getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.35.0017");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
format("MTD", "system");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 40);

After:
Quote:

ui_print("Welcome to CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC1-N1!");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
format("MTD", "system");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 40);

If you want to learn how to sign .zips follow this thread>>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=537937
31st October 2010, 04:34 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lone Tree

More
0.2:
- fixed data
- cleaned install
- audio fixed
- build.prop edits
- tethering now works

0.1:
- initial release
31st October 2010, 04:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
you know, I just started using ShadowROM and am loving it! I finally found a great AOSP rom that works wonderfully for me exactly how I want it. I really thought that I was going to stop flashing roms every day finally because I found an AOSP that I love! And then BAM, I read this thread and my choices of roms to try and test just grew 10 times larger....Thank You ID, really...Thanks >0.

Haha, no just kidding. This patch is awesome, I can't wait to start finding and testing out ROMS for other devices. Way to go ID!
31st October 2010, 04:51 AM |#5  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Yay! Just what I have been waiting for! This stuff pretty much opens up a whole new world of tinkering for us! Thanks ID!!!

2 questions before I screw up my night:

1. given that its supposedly hard to sign files if you just have macs... would toggling signature verification in ClockworkMod do away with the need to sign the file? **** delete ****

2. If I do create a nandroid of the ROM after flashpatching it, will it be restorable as normal or do I have to flashpatch it everytime i.e. does the flashpatch get embedded in the nandroid?

Thanks

EDIT: Just noticed Q1 answered in OP
31st October 2010, 05:20 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lone Tree

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanam

Yay! Just what I have been waiting for! This stuff pretty much opens up a whole new world of tinkering for us! Thanks ID!!!

2 questions before I screw up my night:

1. given that its supposedly hard to sign files if you just have macs... would toggling signature verification in ClockworkMod do away with the need to sign the file? **** delete ****

2. If I do create a nandroid of the ROM after flashpatching it, will it be restorable as normal or do I have to flashpatch it everytime i.e. does the flashpatch get embedded in the nandroid?

Thanks

EDIT: Just noticed Q1 answered in OP

clockworkmod recovery.img Im pretty sure it does not need a signed.zip but if you use amon_ra then you need to sign the .zip

Q2: Nandroid will restore as normal, no need to re-apply the patch.
31st October 2010, 05:44 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
well, i thought i edited my getprop stuff but cyanogen 6.1 from nexusone failed due to getprop bootloader =0.33.2012 and a few others...
31st October 2010, 05:46 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 879

Donate to Me
More
you can also just delete the assert in the update/r script.
I THINK you can also turn off the script asserts in CWM

and sigining files on a mac is super easy.
http://www.addictivetips.com/mac-os/...lopers-on-mac/
just drag and drop. easier than in ubuntu :P
31st October 2010, 05:47 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 312

Donate to Me
More
Just tried to use this patch w/ a Droid X rom http://www.mediafire.com/file/drixq6...5-Deodexed.zip and it didn't work. ID maybe you can take a look at it when you get a chance. Thanks!

Porting the rom using the Android Kitchen works. Wifi, BT, etc... doesn't work.
31st October 2010, 05:48 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 879

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchpro247

Just tried to use this patch w/ a Droid X rom http://www.mediafire.com/file/drixq6...5-Deodexed.zip and it didn't work. ID maybe you can take a look at it when you get a chance. Thanks!

dx has that ninjablur BS
this is only for aosp roms.
31st October 2010, 05:49 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchpro247

Apparently I have stayed in the Inc area too much as I was just wondering if there are kitchens like their used to be for WinMo...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)