# 1.0.A.0.8 Firmware # HOw to 2.1 Tutorial...

Search This thread

siddharthsai

Feb 2, 2010
This thread as of now is outdated. Binary has posted a tool to upgrade to 2.1 Nordic. Follow this thread only if you want to update to a UK firmware (1.6) and wait for 2.1 or get lucky as like some people.

Read carefully : IF THIS DOESN'T"T WORK FOR YOU , ITS BECAUSE YOU"RE DOING IT WRONG. DON'T SPAM THE THREAD WITH - "Its not working , you're misleading people " comments. IF it doesn't work for you ask help in a manner that people dont think you're an ass.( some ppl learned that lesson ). THIS is strictly for Indian mini's running 1.A.0.1.8 firmware with 1.6 . Good luck

UPDATE : This should work for all 1.0.A.8 firmware...not tested though!! Get your own build.prop for those who're not from India , or you can take risk and try this... no risk for Indian Mini's.. :)

Getting fast to the topic without much delay!

Its been conformed that Indian mini's will get 2.1 only by November mid. I'm posting this tutorial because i successfully edited the build.prop to debrand the mini ( Thanks to the new method discovered - credits to the OP )

The debranding is to UK generic , which is said to receive the update very soon.

Things you need

1. x10mini with firmware 1.0.A.8
2. Root
3. Root Explorer ( search market )
4. PC companion s/w

Procedure-

Backup your build.prop from /system

Download the attached build.prop and move it to /system using root explorer. ( You have to put the attached file on the memory card obviously )

Without restarting , connect to PC companion and Repair ( Factory reset+repair )

Tadaa - You're new firmware will be 1.2.A.174 , update with SEUS and get 2.1

Good luck

For those who said it was fake ( bit blurry )

http://siddharthsai.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/photo0087.jpg
http://siddharthsai.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/photo0088.jpg
http://siddharthsai.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/photo0089.jpg
http://siddharthsai.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/photo0091.jpg

Attachments

• BuildpropE10i.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

pulpoff

Mar 8, 2007
I have updated with build.prop of nordic version, seems nice.
File attached.

Attachments

• build.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 774
Last edited:

siddharthsai

Feb 2, 2010
I dont have digital camera but a samsung corby.. i did the exact steps and i got the 2.1 notification and updated... pics attached...dont know why it doesnt work for you guys

In the pics you can see the current date , network provider (airtel) ...just to confirm its not fake..

Anyways vlissine is a jackass who doesnt have basic manners on how to behave in a forum.. Behave yourself or get banned..kind of a racist

vlissine

Jun 15, 2009
São Paulo
Anyways vlissine is a jackass who doesnt have basic manners on how to behave in a forum.. Behave yourself or get banned..kind of a racist

Yeah, yeah ... same story again. Say that Indian does something wrong and get immediately accused of being a racist. For your information I am black, so keep your racism stories to yourself, mate.

The fact is that your instructions are crap and don´t work, as there is no update for UK generic. Point. Stop inventing stories or give us a proof.

siddharthsai

Feb 2, 2010
Yeah, yeah ... same story again. Say that Indian does something wrong and get immediately accused of being a racist. For your information I am black, so keep your racism stories to yourself, mate.

The fact is that your instructions are crap and don´t work, as there is no update for UK generic. Point. Stop inventing stories or give us a proof.
check the first post , if its not working for you , leave ... nobody is asking you to stay

cvchetan

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2009
Bhubaneswar
Your method doesn´t work for anyone, because it is just an update to UK generic. You are misleading people.

or ppl not getting the update...

please clear the contents of the db folder in the seus installation directory and try...
remember to give ur phone 2 restarts after changing the default.prop.

chetan

siddharthsai

Feb 2, 2010
Yea its working fine , download twitter for android , although the last few mm missing from the screen