here is a mini guide:

what`s you need:

1. a root phone
2. root explorer installed
3. go to system/build.prop

START ROOT EXPLORER
go to system
press r/o button you must see r/w
open the file build.prop with a text editor (long pressover the file)
replace your buil.prop number with 1238-8536 what`s a german number (i think is in tree places)

shutdown and start you phone.. 2 times...

conect to pc companion

to obtain root access

go to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=824788
download adb and superoneclickv1.apk

replace the content of superoneclick folder with adb

in your phone go to config, aplications, development and select usb depuration mode

conect your phone with the pc and start superoneclick then see how its work, if stuck or the software dont work in one step select and deselect USB depuration mode repeteadly 2 times.

maybe you need to try many times

sudenly it will work, then go to:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=88

and folow steps to correct your keyboard

you can see what layout works for you

Check the folder Layouts inside the keyboard-config folder open each file and see how was the layout then replace like the example in the post

boilaa

1st November 2010, 01:18 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
work flawless, i can play angry birds, the icons see like compressed but the game works very good,

some minor changes like more colors and darker interfase, i see the photos a little better and the video has autofocus..

my android market dont want to work but after few configurations like enable non secure apk i can instal all good

few more widgets: market, on off conections and things, small views for webs, data traffic and youtube

and facebook update photos with contacts

when you select an user you can send email and do other things
1st November 2010, 02:20 AM |#3  
Flag Ragusa
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo lara melcher

work flawless, i can play angry birds, the icons see like compressed but the game works very good,

some minor changes like more colors and darker interfase, i see the photos a little better and the video has autofocus..

my android market dont want to work but after few configurations like enable non secure apk i can instal all good

few more widgets: market, on off conections and things, small views for webs, data traffic and youtube

and facebook update photos with contacts

when you select an user you can send email and do other things

Really the video has autofocus ??? Fantastic ! And what about the menu of the camera options ? it's the same? Other improvements?
1st November 2010, 02:56 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank you very much, it's really work!
1st November 2010, 03:22 AM |#5  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Now we need to find out how to fix they keyboard ... as I ended up with scandinavian layout.
1st November 2010, 03:29 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have same problem .. well, not scadinavian, but german .. obviously. Everything else is working just perfect. Even localisation is fine.
1st November 2010, 03:36 AM |#7  
Flag São Paulo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lweek

I have same problem .. well, not scadinavian, but german .. obviously. Everything else is working just perfect. Even localisation is fine.

Scandinavian for sure not german. My phone has German physical layout, I would have loved to have a german layout. But this update has letters as "a med ring" and is definitely a QWERTY and not german QWERTZ.
1st November 2010, 04:12 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have a problem with the keyboard too. I notice some changes in the keyboard. I hope this might help you.
1. Full stop ( . ) moves to the "?" key
2. Question mark ( ? ) moves to the full stop key ( . )
3. ' mark (Sorry I don't know what-its-called) move to the letter "e" (To type ', you need to activate the blue key first)
4. Semicolon ( ; ) moves to the letter "d" (To type ; , you need to activate the blue key first)
5. Comma ( , ) moves to the letter "c" (To type comma, you need to activate the blue key first)
6. Colon ( : ) moves to the "?" key (To type : , you need to activate the blue key first)
1st November 2010, 04:19 AM |#9  
Flag São Paulo

More
Here is how to fix they keyboard :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=824941
1st November 2010, 04:22 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo lara melcher

here is a mini guide:

what`s you need:

1. a root phone
2. root explorer installed
3. go to system/build.prop

open the file with a text editor (long pressover the file)

replace your buil.prop number with 1238-8536 what`s a german number (i think is in tree places)

shutdown and start you phone..

conect to pc companion

boilaa

hi I live in uk .if I change the build prop would it effect any of my phone features example 3g connection, keyboard layout, I'm happy with the english layout.will I have english. also I use arabic language for txting does 2.1 have arabic language support.
Thanks.
1st November 2010, 10:38 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i got error when rooting
Device Was Not Rooted
FAILED
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)