FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Froyo now in beta testing

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By evilpeople, Junior Member on 4th November 2010, 10:36 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Just what the title says - a few days ago, Froyo was put into beta testing for the Epic 4G. The photo is cropped as to not get anyone into trouble. I just thought it might be nice to know that it's getting closer!

Since I'm new (not very many posts - I tend to just search & read), I can't post a full link, so you'll have to copy & paste. Sorry!

picvalley.net/u/2733/3400447617126291241288906288GPsT81k8aOTML5MFBCat.J PG

4th November 2010, 10:37 PM |#2  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 8

More
This is SPAM
4th November 2010, 10:57 PM |#3  
Flag Dayton, OH
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More

Here's the pic.
4th November 2010, 11:01 PM |#4  
Flag ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Thanks Meter: 1,753

More
Looks pretty much identical to my epics "about phone" but it wouldn't be hard to falsify so I'll reserve my opinion till there's more to go on

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
4th November 2010, 11:13 PM |#5  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Not shocked. I've heard dates from anywhere from about 2 weeks to late december, so its likely testing is going on.
5th November 2010, 03:55 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Tough crowd. How is it spam? I have an Epic, it has Froyo on it. I just don't want to get my Sprint contact in trouble. What do you want to know?
5th November 2010, 03:58 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
I wanna see you put it up for all of us to test instead of rubbing it in our faces, and say you are beta testing Froyo.
5th November 2010, 04:01 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
If you'll let me know how to, I will. Will a nandroid backup do, or do I need to do something else? Will a nandroid backup put any identifiable information out that might endanger my Sprint contact (ESN, phone number, etc)?
5th November 2010, 04:09 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Hm, I spoke too soon. I should have figured that the update would have overridden the ClockworkMod, and I can't reinstall it because I don't have root access.
5th November 2010, 04:24 AM |#10  
Retired Forum Mod / Recognized Developer
Flag Gainesville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,427

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpeople

Hm, I spoke too soon. I should have figured that the update would have overridden the ClockworkMod, and I can't reinstall it because I don't have root access.

You can dump it using Odin3. Please, and no the dumps dont contain any information like esn or msn
5th November 2010, 04:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman

You can dump it using Odin3. Please, and no the dumps dont contain any information like esn or msn

Lol, like hes gonna do it.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread