[Q] HD7 Singtel Xplorer won't work!

Search This thread

sennywolf

Aug 23, 2008
Hi,

I am writing from Singapore and I got my HD7 last week.

The phone is working great except for the weak batt. However, 1 big issue i face is the navigation app by Telmap/Singtel call Singtel Xplorer will not work! I called Singtel multiple times but they are as blur as me!

I reinstall the app multiple times and hard reset like some others recommend. I can load the app and it went in to the disclaimer. After that it shows No Packages for ever at the Registration page.

SIngtel told me the app is registered under my name and I should get to use it. But i just cannot get pass the Registration page.

Anybody from SG got it to work pls throw me a msg or post here to help!!

LittleMerc

Apr 20, 2009
I have it running well,but it is still in development mode. All i can see is both the about and screenshot columns. You may wanna bring it back to singtel. If you want pm me your contacts we can go out yumcha and i show it to you. Teas on you of course haha XD

novalistic

Sep 22, 2007
Hi,

I am writing from Singapore and I got my HD7 last week.

The phone is working great except for the weak batt. However, 1 big issue i face is the navigation app by Telmap/Singtel call Singtel Xplorer will not work! I called Singtel multiple times but they are as blur as me!

I reinstall the app multiple times and hard reset like some others recommend. I can load the app and it went in to the disclaimer. After that it shows No Packages for ever at the Registration page.

SIngtel told me the app is registered under my name and I should get to use it. But i just cannot get pass the Registration page.

Anybody from SG got it to work pls throw me a msg or post here to help!!

Same problem earlier on . . .
But get it works after sending down to Tampines Mall Hello Shop, they told me FREE to use for 6 months.
After using for few time decide to abandon it, because very slow, laggy.

sennywolf

Aug 23, 2008
Hi to all kind bros!

Finally just got it activated. Apparently, SINGTEL SCREW UP!

they were so confused that they did not activate it for me at all and offered to escalate it to higher support.

I made a total of 6 calls to Singtel to complain before finally I received a notice on my phone that the service is activated!

Now I can use the app but still hoping for a navigation app like iGO8 that do not use data plan.

btw, HD7 rocks!!

gurucanto

Nov 28, 2010
Hi all,

I had the same problems for my LG Optimus 7, when it was first launched. I do not know how many times i had to call Singtel to sort the issue out. i was told at least on 2 occasions my package was not registered and they had to do it for me. It didnt work even after they told me to wait for 24-48hrs.

Multiple times they told me their technical staff would contact me. None did. One day, i tried the Xplorer and it finally worked. Couple days later, i recieved an sms from singtel to say they were still working on my issue. They didnt even call me to find out if it was working. Subsequently, about a week after that they called. Straight away i told them it was working.

I find the Xplorer lags tremendously. It also hangs when i zoom in to the maximum and after that i am not able to zoom out. I need to go back to the Home Page. Also frustrating it does not multitask. If for any reason you need to reply to an sms and you leave the Xplorer screen, it need to reload again. Start all from fresh.

I have been trying to find out to whom i could write to about all this issue. No luck. telmap site can never be loaded. So not sure what is the problem or even of their existence. I would not want to waste my time contacting Singtel, cos as a customer, i probably would be made waiting again.

I wonder if this problem is only for the WP7 OS. For other platforms such as the Iphone and Android do they phase similar problems. I think Singtel should provide us some form of means to provide feedback on the Apps they are releasing. of cos we want to see it working well. Soliciting our feedback would help them improve this app.

jorker1237

Jan 11, 2011
Hi all sg HD 7 Fans, I also bought HD7 2 days before. But the maps inside the phone was like only street no blk, and while the xplorer have to pay.

Do anyone have other free alternatives for GPS in SG?

I seriously suspecting that Singtel is blocking some functions of the "maps" cause it looks different from the one I see in the Manual (full Version one)