FORUMS

Omnia 7 Replacement Batteries

255 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By hboos, Senior Member on 7th November 2010, 11:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The Omnia 7 uses the same battery as the Omnia HD (i8910)

So you can get replacement ones quite cheaply on ebay.

what I really want is a battery charger case...

you get them in Korea for other phone models but have yet to see any here at all.

basically it's a small case to carry your battery in, but it has a little port so you can charge your spare battery whenever.

it means you don't have to wait around and you always have a spare charged battery at hand.

this one is for the galaxy s

here

or
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...VGSTA-features

why can't we have stuff like this? it would make life so much easier!
11th December 2010, 04:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ups wrong thread
6th June 2011, 09:12 AM |#3  

More
That would really be cool.
But I am pretty happy with the battery performance...
9th July 2011, 10:25 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
i heard a lot of good thing about omnia 7 battery before buying it, but i am somewhat disappointed right now. it does not last me 8-20. God forbid if i played anything on the loudspeaker, when i'm say, camping.

i really hope the next mayor breakthrough in tech is in this area, instead of unnecessary quad-cores and whatnot.
20th July 2011, 11:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I fully agree, I wish there was more impovement made in the battery field! I don't think there is a need to have processors any faster than 1Ghz. It's simply a marketing tool to get all the fools thinking that they have a better phone because it has a dual core processor etc. Now on a desktop computer where you will REALLY multitask (watch a video whilst photoediting, surfing the web and chatting on MSN) multi-core processors make sense. On a phone, there can only be one application in the foreground at any one time.

Anyway, I can confirm with the OP that the Omnia HD battery does work. I am using one right now!

Battery life for me is somewhat amazing! I went to a wedding where I must have played games for atleast 2-3 HOURS, then surfed the web somewhat, sent plenty of txt messages and a few phone calls. Lasted the full day, got home, went to bed, started surfing the web and the battery refused to die!

Whereas on other days, the battery tends to die quicker :S It's hit or miss sometimes.
22nd July 2011, 06:29 PM |#6  

More
Battery technology has definitely not caught up with smartphone technology. Many consumers are opting to an extended battery or a spare battery. Try batteries4less online.
27th July 2011, 02:37 PM |#7  

More
Try mugen power

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...ult/?q=omnia+7
9th August 2011, 10:50 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I grabbed the 1800mah mugen. It's incredible.

I'll spend the day with moderate surfing/news feeds/gaming and often I'll be at 50-60% battery. It's ridiculous I almost don't believe it.

That being said, it takes hours to charge via USB (from almost dead to full takes approx. 9-10 hours.)
24th August 2011, 11:07 AM |#9  
Flag Pescara

More
What about this 2430 mah battery:

h t t p://w w w .ebay.c o. uk/itm/2430MAH-HIGH-CAPACITY-GOLD-BATTERY-I8700-OMNIA-7-/200640564711?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=ite m2eb71c0de7
24th August 2011, 02:05 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormix

What about this 2430 mah battery:

h t t p://w w w .ebay.c o. uk/itm/2430MAH-HIGH-CAPACITY-GOLD-BATTERY-I8700-OMNIA-7-/200640564711?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=ite m2eb71c0de7

if you scrape the cover off, it's 750mah inside.

go for oem, all the rest are fakes (esp china ones) and the genuine ones like mugen are 200% more expensive than oem ones for marginal benefit.

my omnia was suffering from battery issues and i realized although the phone is new, the battery was old, so i bought a new one from amazon for £7 inc shipping. has worked fine ever since. normal days usage, 1hr of calls, 2 hrs browsing, 1 hr texting and the occasional game and i have 45% at the end of the day when im recharging. i have two email accounts on push, location on, wifi on.
13th September 2011, 10:57 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedGoodsX

I grabbed the 1800mah mugen. It's incredible.

I'll spend the day with moderate surfing/news feeds/gaming and often I'll be at 50-60% battery. It's ridiculous I almost don't believe it.

That being said, it takes hours to charge via USB (from almost dead to full takes approx. 9-10 hours.)

So the 1800mah is good? I'm interested...

Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)