FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WIPE][COMPLETE][FLASHABLE] SuperWipe v2 (30 Jan 2011) - So Fresh and So Clean Clean!

754 posts
Thanks Meter: 71

By Ohsaka, Senior Member on 10th November 2010, 08:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
One thing we have run into with BiffMod ROM is that there is no single "COMPLETELY erase the phone" solution.

So this is my attempt at it.... No console/terminal, no adb shell, no USB, no anything required. Just flash the file in recovery and you are done.

But OHSAKA! There are tons of threads about this, there are even existing "wipe-update" files to erase the phone. What makes your flashable update file so special???

Well I'm glad you asked that. This update contains the 'erase_image' executable with all the needed libraries statically linked. (thanks ezterry) 'erase_image' performs a low-level format of the partition which can fix unforeseen problems. Most other wipe-updates just perform "rm -rf *" at the file system level and don't touch the boot partition.

v2
---
Kudos to RichieDaze! He stepped up and added some often requested functionality to this popular wipe script. Now SuperWipe will check the root of the /sdcard/ directory for a file named "SuperWipe.conf". This file will control which partitions get erased and also control if the script triggers an auto-reboot. If the file is not present, then the script will default to wiping all partitions.

SuperWipe.conf
Code:
## SuperWipe Custom Configuration

## So Fresh and So Clean Clean Menu

## Cannot be blank (yes or No)
#
Wipe_Cache=yes
Wipe_Userdata=yes
Wipe_System=yes
Wipe_Boot=yes
Wipe_Sd_Secure=yes
Wipe_Sd_Ext=yes
#
##

## Extras
#
Reboot_when_done=no
Reboot_Delay=5
#
##
SuperWipe v2 (MD5: a3c358c1e027c8ec039ada8e667cab1a)

SuperWipe.conf (MD5: 1e7eb3a97270142aa6bf7c4fca9c2490)

You will need to reboot back into recovery after running this. If you forget and try to boot normally, you will have to pull battery to power off.

v1
---
This update will:
1) Call erase_image on CACHE, SYSTEM, USERDATA, and BOOT partitions
2) Mount /sd-ext (if it exists) and delete all files from it
3) Delete all files in the /sdcard/.android_secure directory which is where all the froyo apps2sd files live
4) Run e2fsck (file system repair) on the your ext partition
5) Log all output to the /tmp/wipe.log file (if you care)

I think this is the most complete way to wipe a phone. It supersedes 'fastboot erase system -w', VOL_DOWN+HOME+BACK, Amon_RA wipes, or various other flashable update-wipe zips.

I have tested this file the best I can on my phone. I verified all partitions are completely empty after running it. Any suggestions or bug reports are welcome!

SuperWipe (MD5: 945218bbbeab63d2c41e20c3243176ce)

You will need to power off and reboot back into recovery after running this. If you forget and try to boot normally, you will have to pull battery to power off.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Ohsaka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ohsaka Ad-Free

10th November 2010, 08:06 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
This space reserved for Firerat's comments
10th November 2010, 08:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Will definitely check this out! sounds like a "duh" kind of thing.
10th November 2010, 08:20 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by microb0i

Will definitely check this out! sounds like a "duh" kind of thing.

Yeah, when I told ezterry I was done and it works, he said "Doing what someone ought to have done ages ago"...
10th November 2010, 09:38 AM |#5  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 10

More
a "low format" kind of wipe should isolate the bad blocks on the memory (i have such things ) ? and because i can`t use anything that require usb on my phone, i`ll try use your file to wipe and then reinstall biffmode2.1 (which i have trough bart restore from another phone).
another question. if your file is like a low format, is it ok to use it every time ? or often ?
Later edit: tried it. the rom still doesn`t install. so i don`t know what the problem is. i guess that your wipe script is ok. the rom stuff is not your problem but since cm6 stable, i can`t install any rom.
for your script, just release a lot of time spent with the "wipe" operations in flashing new roms. and from what you say, it does it better. so, nice job!
10th November 2010, 03:48 PM |#6  
Flag Somewhere over the rainbow, 2 rights and a left
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo9gnc

a "low format" kind of wipe should isolate the bad blocks on the memory (i have such things ) ? and because i can`t use anything that require usb on my phone, i`ll try use your file to wipe and then reinstall biffmode2.1 (which i have trough bart restore from another phone).
another question. if your file is like a low format, is it ok to use it every time ? or often ?
Later edit: tried it. the rom still doesn`t install. so i don`t know what the problem is. i guess that your wipe script is ok. the rom stuff is not your problem but since cm6 stable, i can`t install any rom.
for your script, just release a lot of time spent with the "wipe" operations in flashing new roms. and from what you say, it does it better. so, nice job!

If you havent been able to install any rom since CM6... then its either your hardware, or your not giving it enough time to boot.

Getting ready to try this out because Im sure I have some bad blacks on my Mytouch 1.2 that have been causing location issues in sense roms for only about 4 months, before that all worked fine.
10th November 2010, 04:13 PM |#7  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 15

More
whether I could use for my N1?
10th November 2010, 04:17 PM |#8  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,005

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohsaka

Yeah, when I told ezterry I was done and it works, he said "Doing what someone ought to have done ages ago"...

I still find fastboot erase a bit cleaner than erase_image but for 99.9% of your problems erase_image works well.. and can be done without a computer on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackonne

You need someone who knows how the n1 is set up to be sure, but I think it will work perfectly.. ask for some dev with an n1 to check.
10th November 2010, 04:25 PM |#9  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chandler
Thanks Meter: 1,093

More
Great work Ohsaka, this is something that the community has been needing for a long time. You rock.

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App
10th November 2010, 04:27 PM |#10  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 10

More
ill have to download this for future use
10th November 2010, 04:54 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lackonne

I promise to port this to the N1 if anyone donates an N1 to me.
Heck, I'll port it to ANY phone...just send me the phone!

Seriously though, I imagine this can be ported to most phones quickly by tweaking the install.sh script.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)