By neato4u, Senior Member on 10th November 2010, 09:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2012, 11:42 PM |#201  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero9999

I have installed it and I am in Europe.I have used Market enabler app,to fake that I am on Telstra network.Navigator did install,but I can't use it,becouse on start it cannot verify account,at least this is what it says..

Same situation for me.
Excuse me previous post I missed "quote" button.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
6th February 2012, 06:48 PM |#202  
Flag Punto Fijo - Venezuela
Thanks Meter: 14

More
You can covert .imf Garmin files to .nv2 Navitel files and used them in Navitel. Its a pretty good alternative to Garmin.
7th February 2012, 06:19 AM |#203  
Flag Kuala Terengganu
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Malaysia! (Y)
7th February 2012, 07:03 AM |#204  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 184

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dante-

You can covert .imf Garmin files to .nv2 Navitel files and used them in Navitel. Its a pretty good alternative to Garmin.

Yes... Now not only IMG but IMF as well? Nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajape

Well, I got to admit your most likely absolutely right, this DEFINITELY looks as if it may end up completely replacing Garmin, or any need for it. Here we go...

First, the map is exactly like the one for Garmin, every POI on the Garmin map is there and I mean EVERY one, this is fantastic! You can see the difference with Navdroyd here, for example:

Now to the actual report. The interface is fantastic, once you are finally able to go through the Russian translation websites and end up being able find to your way through enough translations to understand where the language settings are. But even once you do, there are still parts of the software that even when you're running it in English appear in Russian:

But the Russian parts were the only real con or even glitch I was able to find. The Map it's the real important thing when it comes to this type of program, and in this aspect, well, it's the Garmin Map, but not even the original Garmin App itself shows it so well, with such a beautiful 3D aspect. The Map viewing part, now with all the Garmin POIS, was just amazing... here:

The way to handle the "find" functions was superb, extremely easy, and complete to overflowing with everything you might possible wish for in terms of POIs. Here:

And the Navigation, which is of course the center of it all, worked just as well if not even better than most other programs I've tried for any platform:

Even the Extra functions, such as the Satellite Status or the Local Weather pages were presented beautifully, and everything just worked. Here:

Well, that's pretty much it for a report. In reality, though, what I can't do is simply thank you enough for this. I don't know how you found this package with my exact needs, but fact is you may very well have single-handedly killed off any possible reason I might have ever had to go back to dual booting WM6/Android on my phone, and somehow, just a little tiny written thank you just doesn't really seem enough appreciation, lol . Thank you so much, buddy!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajape For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajape Ad-Free
7th February 2012, 01:42 PM |#205  
Flag Grecia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dante-

Which program are you using to convert?
7th February 2012, 07:37 PM |#206  
Flag Punto Fijo - Venezuela
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlus

Which program are you using to convert?

GPSMapEdit v1.0.66.7

MUST be that version. Others versions have problems with some .img files.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Dante- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -Dante- Ad-Free
8th February 2012, 09:23 PM |#207  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajape

Yes...

Thanks for your encouraging report.

Which version of Navitel did you use?
13th February 2012, 11:59 PM |#208  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 184

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrix

Thanks for your encouraging report.

Which version of Navitel did you use?

That's version 3.5, it was a repost from when I originally posted this report on this same thread a while ago. But 3.5 doesn't work on GB (Don't know about ICS, but I should think not as well), you need version 5.0.x or better now, and beware that some of the versions don't accept maps in nm2 format anymore, while some do. I think it's 5.0.1.169 (full version apk, mind) or something like that which you want. This is because anyone can convert any IMG format Garmin map to nm2 very easily just using GPSMapedit, while this is not the case with the new Navitel format nm3. Please remember to convert tiles or maps that leave you with an nm2 map file no larger than 16MB, that's a very common error. Ah! And also, the NavitelContent folder on the root of your SD Card must not have more than 61 nm2 maps at the time, otherwise NAVITEL will give you an error when trying to create it's Map Atlas. And don't worry, Navitel will make Navigation seamless even if your maps are cut differently for conversion purposes than they were originally cut by Garmin. Also, converting NT maps to nm2 may give you an error citing routing issues, if this is the case then you can also repair the routing errors manually and it will be fine, although I personally never actually managed to learn how exactly to go about those repairs in GPSMapedit. But I understand it's not rocket science either, so don't worry and go for it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajape For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajape Ad-Free
14th February 2012, 10:33 AM |#209  
Flag wonderland... soon
Thanks Meter: 1,561

Donate to Me
More
alright... so heres what i did:

first of all i'd like to clear some things out... i have mid-terms... so i can't play with maps right now

second, i downloaded a lebanon map thats been already converted from .img to .nm2 i installed navitel and ran it, imported the map, all works great except the navigation...

i can see the road on the map, but when i tell the app to go to a destination, it simply draws a straight line from where i am, to the destination... its like its in off road mode, so i checked the settings, but everything was clear...

what is wrong??

—————
|RIROZIZO|
—————
14th February 2012, 11:35 AM |#210  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 505

More
When maps are converted from original Garmin to other formats, it is the easy part.....but to retain the map navigation takes a lot more work. The map that you found probable does not have the routing encoded within it. so now it can only be used for locational reference.

Sent with Desire.
The Following User Says Thank You to angusc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angusc Ad-Free
14th February 2012, 12:20 PM |#211  
Flag wonderland... soon
Thanks Meter: 1,561

Donate to Me
More
of course... if you guys converted a map (any map) you'll share... right?

—————
|RIROZIZO|
—————
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
noad

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)