Unlike all the other ones I know Flip4Silence do not stress your battery. It's only active when you need it. This got some drawbacks... but hey, it works quiet well!
About "mute via flip/shake":
A friend of mine changed his good old WM6.5 phone into a Android powered device and was annoyed that you can't flip a call silent with a AOSP - now here it is, without the battery stress :cool:
About "reduce on pickup":
Someone with an HD2 told me that his phone got this "reduces volume on pick up" feature and I searched the market to find an app for android... Didn't find anything, wrote it myself! Hope you like it too!
Supported android versions: 1.6 and above
Link to Market: Link
- The collection phase is over, thanks everyone for sharing!
- Added "Improve F4S". It would be great if you could help me!
- UI rework
- Maybe fixed "volume not restored" problem
- The fakevibrator used by the "pickup" feature is now stopped when F4S snaps in
- Gingerbread is now supported!
- Fixed 2 rare force closes
- Fixed that "Vibrate only in silent mode" is not a valid mode to enable the pick up volume reducer
- Fixed a bug where the ringer volume is set to early to its normal value
- Fixed the pick up volume reducer behavior
- Fixed shortcut to the audio settings on 1.6
- Added sensitivity settings for the pick up volume reducer
- Added vibration as an option if the pick up volume reducer can't operate
- Minor UI rework
* flip or shake your phone to mute it (3 modes)
* Pick your phone up from the table and it reduces its volume!
* notifications after hang up (vibration/sound)
* extra battery friendly
* Mute a call when your phone is laying on its display
* Mute a call when you flip your phone from one side to the oder
* Or mute via a shake
Any feedback/wish/bugreport is welcome!