FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] 11/Nov 1.37.405.1 r1 - HTC Wildfire Stock ROM with Online Kitchen

5,269 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,351

By paulobrien, Senior Member on 11th November 2010, 08:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm pleased to present my repack of the stock ROM for the HTC Wildfire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo stock ROM repacks

Unlike a MCR (MoDaCo Custom ROM) release, a stock ROM repack is as close to the stock ROM as possible. Only root / Superuser and an insecure boot image is added. The benefits of the repack are providing a rollback option in update zip format as well as providing an online kitchen to remove parts that are not required.

A MCR release of this ROM is also available!

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod). This can be installed on the WildFire using 'unrevoked'.

Features
  • Repack of the 1.37.405.1 WWE ROM
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
  • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

DOWNLOAD

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in download topic at MoDaCo..

Enjoy!

P
The Following User Says Thank You to paulobrien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulobrien Ad-Free

11th November 2010, 08:34 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

More
Changelog

11/Nov r1
  • Initial Release
11th November 2010, 08:46 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Any known bugs?

Also, if I use the kitchen and remove HTC Sense from cooking, does it remove the HTC lock screen also?

Many thanks and keep up the good work!
11th November 2010, 08:55 PM |#4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Gateshead
Thanks Meter: 553

Donate to Me
More
Nice to see you around here paul
11th November 2010, 09:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_GP

Any known bugs?

Also, if I use the kitchen and remove HTC Sense from cooking, does it remove the HTC lock screen also?

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

I don't think so actually... i'll add an explicit option for the lockscreen to the kitchen tomorrow (need a drink now!)

P
11th November 2010, 09:56 PM |#6  
Flag Cham
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi

can you tell me what you mean with "A MCR release of this version will follow soon!"

What is a MCR release?

darky
11th November 2010, 10:10 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darky207

Hi

can you tell me what you mean with "A MCR release of this version will follow soon!"

What is a MCR release?

darky

Tells you, if you read the original post properly
11th November 2010, 10:53 PM |#8  
Flag Århus
Thanks Meter: 39

More
What is the kitchen? besides the one i have downstairs.

guess, it kinda makes sense when you see the page for downloading, but premium users only.
11th November 2010, 11:49 PM |#9  
Oh yeah, its comming true, MCR for Wildfire, now i need an graphic multiboot option to fast and easy switch between cm6.1 and mcr.

Cant wait to try the kitchen

Thanks for your work Paul

PS:
I dream from using MCR since my g1 time, but now with the wildfire i can have it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App
12th November 2010, 02:59 AM |#10  
Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 42

More
is this Froyo?
12th November 2010, 04:18 AM |#11  
Flag Århus
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navinshark

is this Froyo?

No, as far as i understand, this is the standard 2.1 that the phone comes with, so if i am correct, installing this would get your phone back to what it was when you first turned it on.
besides that, you can flash another kernel, and you have a stock rom with oc capabilities, exactly what i want.

only thing i'm not sure about, when htc pushes out 2.2, will that mess with the flashed kernel?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)