[Q] Samsung Tab Email app on Dell Streak? Uploaded the apk and odex files...

Search This thread

JWallstreet

Sep 28, 2006
Southern California
Is it possible to install the email application from the Samsung Tab on the dell streak?

I have uploaded the apk and odex file. I added the apk extension to the odex file so I could upload to this forum. Please remove it if you are planning to use it. I pulled these two files from a rooted Samsung Tab.

Attachments

• Email.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 299
  • Email.odex.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 183

Johnston411

Mar 31, 2007
Kent
i tried it by first by renaming the email.apk in /system/app and then replacing it with the new one.

it loaded the new email client up but just force closed when you try and do anything with it.

then tried it with the email.apk and odex but no luck either

p_razzi

Aug 13, 2008
I run it just by loading it from a file browser. Doesn't seem different enough to warrant a switch. I think this is the client from the Galaxy phone, not the tablet?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

Johnston411

Mar 31, 2007
Kent
The ui of it is completely different

I'm using files I grabbed from the capacitive forum that were ripped from te tab

In landscape you should get a split screen

Johnston411

Mar 31, 2007
Kent
Not at my pc but will upload the ones I used in a bit.

Edit: got mine from this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=810454

Basically load up root explorer and navigate to system/apps and then mount rw

Move the email.apk somewhere safe on your sd card and then copy the email.apk from the galaxy tab to /system/apps (where you moved the original from)

I found that removing data from the email client in settings manage applications first alleviated it force closing on start up.

I can't grab any logs at the mo as adb doesn't want to work on win7 x64 :(

Attachments

• tab-email.jpg
    tab-email.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:

n3man

Apr 3, 2010
hmmmm... i replace email.apk using root explorer i end up just losing the email icon. When i put the original apk back, i get the stock email back. Cant install the apk through that standard installer either...

any ideas?

shigga

Apr 9, 2009
I get it to load up but force closes if I try to change settings or rotate the screen. Great looking ui though.

p_razzi

Aug 13, 2008
Sounds good, but way beyond my skill set. Can anyone help?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App