Post Reply Email Thread
20th November 2010, 09:00 PM |#331  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raimeiken

nah it's still the same estimated shipping date for me which is 12-13-10

You must have just beat me, mine's scheduled for 12/14! The wait is killing me!

20th November 2010, 09:20 PM |#332  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshocker

Just got a call from the local MS store and they got another shipment in. Guess I will be heading down to get my replacement unit and hopefully my gift card. I think last I talked to them they expected a couple extras in that shipment and then another one a few days later so maybe things will start flowing next week.

Which store did you purchase from?
20th November 2010, 10:37 PM |#333  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dell just set up a popup store to display their devices in front of the store I work at in the mall. They surpisingly have the dell venue pro, unbranded. They said it was their demo device. The device felt AMAZING!! Very sturdy & WP7 runs soo smoothly on it.

I asked for a estimated release date & they said 1st week of December, which is only a couple weeks away.
The guy said to the lady ''are you sure we're supposed to disclose that information?'' lol.

But yeah, 1st week of december hopefully.

& it will be worth the wait, the venue pro is AMAZING!!!!!

Also, there is a 32GB version which will be 299.99 upgrade.
20th November 2010, 10:55 PM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
1st week of december? in store or online? I want the unbranded one, no t-mobile logo on it.

32gb? where did you hear that? how much will that cost?
21st November 2010, 12:30 AM |#335  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well good luck to all who are hoping to get their units shipped. My Venue Pro days are over for now. I got the call to replace my unit from the MS store today and I headed on down there...

1) got the phone exchanged and noticed right away that the build was a bit better as the slider was tighter and it was straight and not slightly off center. The bad part was none of my SIM cards would work in it.The store tried another SIM card from an employee and that did not work either.

2) phone 2 from the store.. got it opened up and again it would not read any of the sim cards. Again tried three working SIM cards and again none of them worked.

At this point I gave up.. they only had one unit left. I took an HD7 and was told that if they get more Dell units I could come in and swap out again.. At this point I am not sure I am ready to trust Dell.. Love the screen, Keyboard and gorilla glass but having a functioning phone has t count for something.

Will keep an eye on this thread to see how others do when they get units direct from Dell.
21st November 2010, 12:55 AM |#336  
Flag White Plains, NY
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Sorry to hear that Dell looks to be having serious quality control problems with the Venue Pro. They should sort it out with Qisda who's reportedly making the phones for them. They shouldn't have rushed it for the November 8 launch. It was clear from the October WP7 lineup announcement that they were only targeting Holiday 2010. I wonder whose decision was it to push the soft (disastrous) launch at MS stores on November 8, Dell's or Microsoft's?

I have an "In production" order for the Venue Pro. Hope Dell will be able to fix the problems by the time it ships out. In no rush to get a WP7 phone, but it will definitely go back to Dell if the problems aren't fixed.
21st November 2010, 03:29 AM |#337  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshocker

Well good luck to all who are hoping to get their units shipped. My Venue Pro days are over for now. I got the call to replace my unit from the MS store today and I headed on down there...

1) got the phone exchanged and noticed right away that the build was a bit better as the slider was tighter and it was straight and not slightly off center. The bad part was none of my SIM cards would work in it.The store tried another SIM card from an employee and that did not work either.

2) phone 2 from the store.. got it opened up and again it would not read any of the sim cards. Again tried three working SIM cards and again none of them worked.

At this point I gave up.. they only had one unit left. I took an HD7 and was told that if they get more Dell units I could come in and swap out again.. At this point I am not sure I am ready to trust Dell.. Love the screen, Keyboard and gorilla glass but having a functioning phone has t count for something.

Will keep an eye on this thread to see how others do when they get units direct from Dell.

I just left the Oak Brook store w/ the same problem. They swapped out 2 phones, and both times the sim was not detected. Tried multiple sims and the same issue. We were able to find one good phone. There were 3 other guys doing swaps, and all their phones were good. Just my luck. So if anyone is going in to get a phone, TEST IT AT THE STORE BEFORE LEAVING. They are flaky still

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
21st November 2010, 04:09 AM |#338  
Flag Chicago, IL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlee111

I just left the Oak Brook store w/ the same problem. They swapped out 2 phones, and both times the sim was not detected. Tried multiple sims and the same issue. We were able to find one good phone. There were 3 other guys doing swaps, and all their phones were good. Just my luck. So if anyone is going in to get a phone, TEST IT AT THE STORE BEFORE LEAVING. They are flaky still

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

My brother and I were the two guys there with you helping you with your SIM swap. My brother's phone still works fine, but I rebooted my phone once and now my SIM won't be read. I've tried three different SIM cards and all won't read. I was the guy who bought the phone outright, my brother was the one who upgraded, but I don't know if their theory about IMEI activations strengthens with these recent issues we're having.

The third guy who showed up a bit later just called me and told me his SIM won't be read by his replacement either, after he cycled the radio. He also bought the phone outright. He was still at the store waiting for the MS rep to get off the phone with T-Mobile.

I don't even know what to think anymore... this phone just might not be ready for primetime. I want my original phone back. The WiFi and SIM worked fine there...
21st November 2010, 04:13 AM |#339  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcarsenal

My brother and I were the two guys there with you helping you with your SIM swap. My brother's phone still works fine, but I rebooted my phone once and now my SIM won't be read. I've tried three different SIM cards and all won't read. I was the guy who bought the phone outright, my brother was the one who upgraded, but I don't know if their theory about IMEI activations is strengthens with these recent issues we're having.

The third guy who showed up a bit later just called me and told me his SIM won't be read by his replacement either, after he cycled the radio. He also bought the phone outright. He was still at the store waiting for the MS rep to get off the phone with T-Mobile.

I don't even know what to think anymore... this phone just might not be ready for primetime. I want my original phone back. The WiFi and SIM worked fine there...

Lol...Dell is making this launch worse and worse for them.

You would have thought that the two weeks in delays would have meant they had a working device...not one that the SIM doesn't work in.

Also, just to clarify does it not read the SIM (ie you put the SIM in and it still says insert sim) or does the SIM not activate on T-Mobile's network? If its the second, then T-mobile may be blocking activations on that phone or something.
21st November 2010, 04:15 AM |#340  
Flag Chicago, IL

More
The error says the SIM is invalid or not inserted. The first time I booted I was able to connect to HSDPA and login to Windows Live. After a reboot the phone stopped recognizing the SIM. It works with no problem in my Nexus One.
21st November 2010, 04:24 AM |#341  

More
Ha...same problem now that I have rebooted. The Sim can't be recognized anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcarsenal

The error says the SIM is invalid or not inserted. The first time I booted I was able to connect to HSDPA and login to Windows Live. After a reboot the phone stopped recognizing the SIM. It works with no problem in my Nexus One.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)