Needless to say, this project has been abandoned. However, please note the source for my contribution has been shared since day one and is still available (https://github.com/davidmroth). While I'm not available to provide individual support, I am more to happy to provide support of any new projects based off the Dell StreakMod Recovery source. Thanks you all for your support and encouragement!
Here is a little project I have been working on for quite sometime now. It's another Recovery based on work from Koush (Clockwork). My goal was to create a Dell Streak specific implementation with a stock look and feel.
This is in early development and I am pretty sure it has bugs But hopefully, with feed back from the XDA community, this can become great tool.
- Landscape orientation
- Capacitive buttons
- First stage of the two stage camera button works
- Signature verification setting survives reboot (disabled by default) - Good suggestion gingernator007!
- More to come!
In keeping with the open source spirit, the source is available @ https://github.com/davidmroth. Any suggestions or feedback will be greatly appreciated! Also, I will accept patches and contributions.
HOW TO INSTALL THE RECOVERY
- Unzip and flash with: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot with: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot
- Hold down the keys "volume up" and "volume down" simultaneously while rebooting.
- Select "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card" in the menu
- At the Dell Logo press the power button and you will be presented with the Recovery Menu
- v0.3 - Nov 15, 2010 - Fixed bug reported by homeiss.
- v0.3.1 - Nov 15, 2010 - Fixed typo reported by gingernator007. / Added enhancement suggested by gingernator007.
- v0.3.1.1 - Nov 20, 2010 - Fixed bug with nanadroid restore / data part. not backing up correctly
- v0.3.1.2 - Nov 20, 2010 - Fixed bug with nanadroid / .android_secure not backing up correctly
- v0.3.1.3 - Dec 2, 2010 - Fixed bug with partial update.zip not installing correctly
- v0.3.2 - Dec 6, 2010 - Nandroid backups are now fully compatible with the Dell Streak. /Firstboot is backup-up with during a nandroid backup operation. Signature verification disabled by default.
- v0.3.2.5-beta - Dec 11, 2010 - Fixed file chooser. Now with scrolling!
- v0.3.2.6-beta - Dec 12, 2010 - Fixed minor issue that may have prevent Dalvik-Cache and fix
permissions from working correctly.
- v03.2.7-DocterWFix - May 31, 2011 - Fixed issue with /firstboot issue that prevented successful backups for some
- v03.2.8-beta - Jun 18, 2011 - Based on feedback from forum members, DoctorW has enabled the menu by default. No longer need to press the power button to enable the recovery menu.
- Renaming backup folders with certain non-standard characters and spaces will cause the MD5 verification to fail - [severity: low] - Reported by @nickshertzer
FILING BUG REPORTS
If you feel that you have observed a bug with this recovery, please take the time to report it. ** IMPORTANT** If the directions below are not followed, this will limit my ability, or your peer's ability, to help you!! Our assistance is only as good as the description of your problem.
DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO FILE A BUG REPORT
2 Step Process:
- While in the recovery, navigate to the advance menu item, and click select by pressing either the menu key or the camera key. Next select "report error;" the file recovery.log will be automatically copied to the root of the SDCard. Please post the contents of the file in a new post in this thread.
- Please also post a brief summary of your issue and provide the following details:
- Current ROM, i.e. Dell Froyo 318, DJ_Steve 1.5.1, etc...
- Android Version, i.e. 2.2, 2.1, 1.6, etc...
- Kernel and Baseband version (while booted normally, this info can be found by pressing the menu button and navigating to Settings, then About)
I would like to thank all the folks who are working to make the Dell Streak one of the best smartphones available. I also would like to thank Koush, Amon_RA, DJ_Steve, DoctorW, smokku, and spences10 for their help and/or contributions. Last but not least, I would like to thank Google for a great OS!
A big special thanks to all who have provided feedback, suggestions, and bug reports!
!!! COMMON ISSUES !!!
StreakMod Recovery being overwritten by the stock recovery - If you are having issues with the stock recovery overwriting your custom recovery, please read this excellent guide on how to resolve: http://www.rdtk.net/2011/06/14/custo...n-dell-streak/