FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Your dream Galaxy Tab/Android Application?

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Galaxy Tab, Junior Member on 15th November 2010, 11:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been doing some work with Samsung, putting the Galaxy Tab through its paces.
I've just been asked to dream up my ideal Galaxy Tab application! I've got a million and one ideas, but wondering what you guys thought?

I have the ear of some pretty senior people at Samsung, who knows, one of these ideas could become a reality one day!

So what will it be? An integrated Email and Text messaging system? A battery life managing piece of software? What would YOU like from Samsung/Google?

I also got to meet the CEO of Google for this task. More about that here: bilal-mobiler.blogspot.com/

15th November 2010, 11:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Phone as standard on US Tabs.
16th November 2010, 12:03 AM |#3  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyveafk

+1 that would be bomb
16th November 2010, 12:09 AM |#4  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ditto: phone as standard part of US Galaxy Tab.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using XDA App
16th November 2010, 12:34 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
i want to be able to use my Galaxy Tab as a datalogger/basic tuner for the custom ECU running the engine in my car. (i would actually pay a dev 'decent' money to make something like this, needs to communicate with a BT RS-232 serial adapter, and the software can probably be ported from the OpenSource Linux program)

but in the realm of things that more than ~50 people will use... (thousands if it worked on any android device)

a VNC client with a small section of the screen dedicated to a trackpad with left and right click buttons and the ability to customize a small handful of keyboard buttons that are always available would be nice...
16th November 2010, 12:42 AM |#6  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyveafk

+1

Also app to compose music, like the ipad has.
16th November 2010, 01:07 AM |#7  
Flag Sunny So. Cal...
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Since the phone on the US Tabs was obviously determined by the carriers, and thus out of Google or Samsung's control, I'd like to see the Daily Briefing become customizable. The ability to add my own news source(s), the ability to remove the stock section, ect...
16th November 2010, 03:28 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolairG1

+1

Also app to compose music, like the ipad has.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiukg..._order&list=UL

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlfnS..._order&list=UL

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Kjl..._order&list=UL

Something to start you off.
16th November 2010, 03:31 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy talk

a VNC client with a small section of the screen dedicated to a trackpad with left and right click buttons and the ability to customize a small handful of keyboard buttons that are always available would be nice...

AndroidVNC?

or GMote?
16th November 2010, 03:39 AM |#10  
Flag Mulberry
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball

Since the phone on the US Tabs was obviously determined by the carriers, and thus out of Google or Samsung's control, I'd like to see the Daily Briefing become customizable. The ability to add my own news source(s), the ability to remove the stock section, ect...

And change the colour of that ugly ass application. It comes in different horrible shades based on who your carrier is. I'd actually consider using it if it weren't some neon abortion.
16th November 2010, 04:21 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Tab

I have the ear of some pretty senior people at Samsung, who knows, one of these ideas could become a reality one day!

I've got a couple of suggestions for apps for the senior people at Samsung.

#1 How about an Android Market app for Galaxy Tabs sold in Dubai. Or a massive warning on the box that it doesn't come with Android Market, despite the press release for Galaxy Tab not indicating that Android Market is market specific and the Samsung UAE website showing photos of the Android Market icon on the Galaxy Tab:
#2 How about an augmented reality system. Kind of like that one described on the Samsung UAE website at http://www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/m...il&tab=feature, but that can't be installed because it the requires Android Market app.

Those would be two ideal apps for Galaxy Tab.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
application, froyo, galaxy tab

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)