FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Working Market fix (tested on TnT Lite, should work elsewhere)

3,487 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,410

By roebeet, Senior Member on 19th November 2010, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First off, this is not my fix and I take no credit for it - I am just passing it on. Many thanks to xguntherc for posting the original fix, and KorbenD for pointing me in the right direction on Titanium Backup.

Their posts, as a reference:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2835
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2846

I will summarize the Titanium Backup solution, as that's the one I had gotten to work. The non-TB solution did not work for me, but still relevant as some people have gotten it to work in cm:

- Get a copy of Titanium Backup and sideload it (free version is fine). http://matrixrewriter.com/android/

- Make sure the Market is working with your Google ID, of course.

- Go into Settings -- Applications -- Manage Applications and Force Stop both the Market and Google Services Frameworks apps.

- In Titanium Backup, go into "Backup/Restore", look for "Google Services Framework 2.2", click on it and then choose "Wipe Data". Then go back to the home screen.

- Run the Market app. You should get an error (that's a good thing, as that's what we want. If you don't get an error, re-try the steps above until you do).

- Reboot, and wait at least a minute after the OS is up to let things stabilize.

- Run the Market again. You should see an immediate difference.

EDIT: You might have to do one more reboot to get apps to actually download and install. I had this issue, but it might have just been me.

I tested this on TnT 1.02, but keep in mind that my TnT is further modded so results may vary. Good luck!
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to roebeet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roebeet Ad-Free

19th November 2010, 05:27 PM |#2  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 19

More
It worked!!! Thanks a million my friend for posting this.
19th November 2010, 06:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Works on Zpad 1106
19th November 2010, 06:15 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Working very nicely on v1 build of the zpad clean V1.0 Thanks this is great!
19th November 2010, 06:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Updated apps!!! rockplayer is now working he he.... I'm like a kid in a candy store Nice find man
19th November 2010, 08:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Works perfect on 6.1 beta!!! Thanks!
19th November 2010, 11:05 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
This doesn't seem to work on a rooted stock g-tablet. I also tried the Titanium Backup method, but no luck. It does give me the Market terms of use on first run.

You guys are going to force me to use a modded firmware! I still want to wait and see what ViewSonic/Flextronics comes out with for an update.
19th November 2010, 11:13 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 449

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roebeet

First off, this is not my fix and I take no credit for it - I am just passing it on. Many thanks to xguntherc for posting the original fix, and KorbenD for pointing me in the right direction on Titanium Backup.

Their posts, as a reference:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2835
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2846

I will summarize the Titanium Backup solution, as that's the one I had gotten to work. The non-TB solution did not work for me, but still relevant as some people have gotten it to work in cm:

- Get a copy of Titanium Backup and sideload it (free version is fine). http://matrixrewriter.com/android/

- Make sure the Market is working with your Google ID, of course.

- Go into Settings -- Applications -- Manage Applications and Force Stop both the Market and Google Services Frameworks apps.

- In Titanium Backup, go into "Backup/Restore", look for "Google Services Framework 2.2", click on it and then choose "Wipe Data". Then go back to the home screen.

- Run the Market app. You should get an error (that's a good thing, as that's what we want. If you don't get an error, re-try the steps above until you do).

- Reboot, and wait at least a minute after the OS is up to let things stabilize.

- Run the Market again. You should see an immediate difference.

EDIT: You might have to do one more reboot to get apps to actually download and install. I had this issue, but it might have just been me.

I tested this on TnT 1.02, but keep in mind that my TnT is further modded so results may vary. Good luck!

I mean this in a manly kind of way... Roeby, I luv you
20th November 2010, 03:32 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 1,410

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushless

I mean this in a manly kind of way... Roeby, I luv you

A Bro-mance!

And again, keep in mind that this was not my fix. I just documented what others found! I don't want to take any credit for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasserkapf

This doesn't seem to work on a rooted stock g-tablet. I also tried the Titanium Backup method, but no luck. It does give me the Market terms of use on first run.

You guys are going to force me to use a modded firmware! I still want to wait and see what ViewSonic/Flextronics comes out with for an update.

Well, as soon as you add gapps, it's technically modded already. You might as well come to the dark side 100%!
20th November 2010, 06:21 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 449

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roebeet

A Bro-mance!

And again, keep in mind that this was not my fix. I just documented what others found! I don't want to take any credit for this.

Well, as soon as you add gapps, it's technically modded already. You might as well come to the dark side 100%!

Seems this device may steal a lot of the Archos 101's thunder for mid to higher end Android users, since easy to root and a LOT more powerful. Apparently both devices have the same display too. Need to see the Archos 101 in "person" to confirm this, but Youtube vids show the same weak angles.

Talk about irony. Archos talks smack and is a month and a half late (even later for 2.2), only to be beat to and in channels by a device with no smack talk. Ironic.
20th November 2010, 08:22 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasserkapf

Using rooted and gapp OTA vanilla TnT.
Market fix worked. Had to reboot x3 though
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
market gtab

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)