The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[Q] Howto reinstall CalendarProvider.apk?

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fabswabs, Junior Member on 19th November 2010, 08:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

I accidentally (don't ask how. Please -.-) removed my Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk (including the .odex-files) from my device and now I'm trying to reinstall it since yesterday.

I tried different .apk files installing via root explorer. I also tried copying the files I got from another Optimus One into my system/app-folder, without success.
Problems I had so far:
- .apk-files don't include odex-files -> so I deodexed them and tried again:
- .apk-files not signed -> so I signed them and tried again:
- Calendar.apk can be installed, but adb install CalendarProvider.apk fails with
Quote:

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE]

adb logcat says a little bit more:
Quote:

D/PackageManager( 1374): Shared UserID android.uid.calendar (uid=10016): packages=[]
E/PackageManager( 1374): Package com.android.providers.calendar has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.calendar; ignoring!
W/PackageManager( 1374): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.android.providers.calendar-1.apk

After reading through several boards, threads, mailinglists and the packages.list/packages.xml files I think that the problem is that the Calendar and CalendarProvider have to run with the same user id. But somehow signing the apk-files destroyed something in the CalendarProvider package?

I really don't have any clue what to try next

19th November 2010, 08:51 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Somehow I did it.. ^^ I don't know what exactly made the trick, but the following worked:

At first I installed the signed Calendar.apk. Then I pulled the packages.xml onto my pc and deleted the id of the calendar-user (10012). Then I rebooted the device and ignored about a dozen errors. Then I installed the CalendarProvider.apk (which was now possible) and rebooted.

Then I checked the packages.xml again and the uid 10012 was in there again..^^ Now my calendar is synced again
8th January 2012, 07:13 AM |#3  
Flag Southern IL USA
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabswabs

At first I installed the signed Calendar.apk. Then I pulled the packages.xml onto my pc and deleted the id of the calendar-user (10012). Then I rebooted the device and ignored about a dozen errors. Then I installed the CalendarProvider.apk (which was now possible) and rebooted.

I just wanted to note that this process also just worked for me on my rooted Nook Tablet with the 1.4.1 update, which had no Calendar or CalendarProvider to begin with. I grabbed the files for Android 2.3 from here, copied Calendar.apk to /system/app with Root Explorer, deleted all the user id and shared user ids for calendar from packages.xml as described above, rebooted, installed CalendarProvider.apk using adb, rebooted again, and I have a calendar that syncs!
13th April 2015, 07:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
same problem
The same problem. Resolved: 1) installing the apk. 2) ODEX by Lucky Patcher 3), and then reboot into recovery and clear cash and cash Dalvin. 4) restart the system
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)