[PRJ][17.09.11] Android/Linux on TG01 development, new stuff in git

Search This thread

Markinus

Dec 12, 2007
Edit: WARNING! If you do not follow the below instruction, your post WILL be deleted, not moved. Thank you for your cooperation. ~TheRomMistress

bally3 said:

Appreciate your enthusiasm, but can you move the conversations about userspace (builds) to the Discussions thread please, as this thread should be primarily for the KERNEL development only.

Appreciate your understanding,

:)

Hi!

I have now a TG01 too, and started to develop some Linux stuff for it.
The branch for it is in our htcleo repository.
http://gitorious.org/linux-on-wince-htc/linux_on_wince_htc/commits/linux-on-tg01

I did already a bit reasearch and put some new stuff in the htc linux wiki. I will update it if I found something new.
http://www.htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tg01

17.09.11 Edit10 and last:
Hi!

I pushed my last changes. There some new stuff in repo now like:
- Powerbutton support
- Fixes for Power/USB
- Panel Code
- Notifications
- Usb cable pull/push did not crash device anymore
and much other.

I'm closing this project for me because I've no time to work on it.

One Info, the problems with the GUI after boot are ril related. The biggest work is RIL. It looks like you have to write (or find) a RPC based RIL lib.
have fun!

Markinus

Edit9:
Calls works now. But the mic not. :)
Battery works, a simple cable detection driver too. Problem, you cannot in the moment pull or push the cable in/out. If you do it the devices will crash after ca. 15 sec.
Build updated.

Edit8:
Audio and vibration works.
!Important: Run clrcad.exe in wince bevor you run haret and boot linux!

Edit7:
The Volume and Camera Buttons are now supported.

Edit6:
Added touchscreen buttons
Added first Test Build! Extract to sd and run haret! Look to Post 2.

Edit5:
Touchscreen is working now. I had to recalculate the calibration values. Later we have to look to better calib values, maybe a calib app for users.

Edit4:
We have now a official mach id 3197. This have to be changed in the default.txt for haret.

Edit3:
So some new stuff is checked in:
- panelfile with basic support for mdp and lcdc
- sd card works
- usb works
- rpc, pcom, works

Status: the device is booting now android till the unlock screen in the GUI, but without touchscreen ... :)

Edit2:
Branch is in our Leo repo:
http://gitorious.org/linux-on-wince-htc/linux_on_wince_htc/commits/linux-on-tg01
The basic stuff is now in. Is booting. I didn't find a device ID for tsunagi, so I had to create one.

status: kernel is booting and android starting. We need to write much new stuff to get all hardware working.

default.txt:
set mtype 3197
set ramaddr 0x11800000
set ramsize 0x0e800000
set initrd_offset 0x00a00000
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline ""
boot

We need to research much stuff. And all this needs much time. So don't ask for dates :)
!!!IMPORTANT: USE ALL STUFF AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
!You can break your device!

Markinus

Last edited:

daevoq

Jan 12, 2010
hi markinus! i'm glad to see another dev involved to port android on TG01! a new hope for our phone! yesterday i've thinked to sell it.. but now i've a new hope.. and can't wait for some news, good luck.. and if you need help.. just ask.. :)
just a question.. what means "kernel is booting" status? sorry for my english :)

Last edited:

DunkDream

Apr 22, 2008
Good to see things moving here.

Hope that the TG01 community will get a workin' kernel :)

They're worth it.

bojan6

Oct 14, 2009
London
Ok. I'm going to try this one but after I finish with my homework.
I'm downloading it now.

Wait for news......... :p

bojan6

Oct 14, 2009
London
Last News...
After I download the file I had some problems. It gave me errors when I try to make arch=arm tsunagi_defconfig. Error was like a privet file and you don't have access. So I copy all the files on new directory and then I was able to do make arch=...... defconfig. Then I compiled it with success.

Then I make all changes in default.txt and it run then restart. But this time I think it's problem from some APP. What it say but I wasn't able to see it. It was to fast.
I need some help to set debug haret.

Current default.txt in haret/debug/ is: pwf tg01-ramconsole.txt 0x1FFC0000 0x40000
If some one can help me how to change it that's go be perfect.

Sorry about my English I'm still learning.

bojan6

Oct 14, 2009
London
Hi!

I have now a TG01 too, and will start to develop some Linux stuff on it.
I will create a new branch for it in our htcleo repository because some things we can use for both. If I have something what you could try, I will post it here.

I did already a bit reasearch and put some new stuff in the htc linux wiki. I will update it if I found something new.

We need to research much stuff. And all this needs much time. So don't ask for dates :)

Edit2:
The basic stuff is now in. Is booting. I didn't find a device ID for tsunagi, so I had to create one.

status: kernel is booting, it means we go through the basic hardware init. I fixed the memory layout.

default.txt:
set mtype 1100001
set ramaddr 0x11800000
set ramsize 0x0e800000
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline ""
boot

Markinus

That's great job what have you done. It's amazing. I thing kernel is booting now but I am not sure. With me is still restarting.
If I can help with something just tell me. I'm not professional but may be I can do something.
I was thinking about board configuration and all other configs.. but I didn't know how to do it. So
Thanks for your job.

bojan6

Oct 14, 2009
London
For those who want to try himself.

1st. Download from Markinus posts his repository it's on the right side on the page http://gitorious.org/linux-on-wince-htc/linux_on_wince_htc/commits/linux-on-tg01

2nd. Unzip it in a folder that you have created before. How to unzip it?
Go to Applications -> Accessories->Terminal
In Terminal tap: cd name of your new folder, ( example: cd myAndroid )
then you have myAndroid$
Now you tap : tar xvzf directory where you have download Markinus repository. (example: tar xvzf /home/downloads/linux-on-wince-htc-linux_on_wince-htc-linux-on-tg01.tar.gz.gz)
You will see how the file is unziped.

3rd. You will see in your folder that there is a new folder named (linux-on-wince-htc-linux_on_wince-htc-on-tg01 or something like that). If you see like a small lock in the front of this folder then do this. Create a new folder put the name you want. Then cut everything from the folder linux--on-wince-htc...........etc. and past it in your new folder.
(example what I did it was easy just in my folder myAndroid I create a folder kernel_1 and I paste everything inside.

4th Now wen we have not everything but may be a part of. Is time to download toolchan (compiler) and some libraries.
in your Terminal tap : apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib libc6-dev-i386 lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline5-dev lib32z-dev.

thats for the libraries.

and this one for tollchains or cross tools or ... what you want call it.

http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/arm/portal/release858
download it and install it. in the same folder as repository (example myAndroid/cross_tools)
Thanks to Endrix with his tutorial help me a lot.

5th.Now enter in your kernel_1 folder or whatever you called it and tap: make ARCH=arm tsunagi_defconfig

6th When finish writing to configuration. tap: make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
enter
If you have done everything without errors then you will see how linux is building your kernel.

7th When finish building go to (exaple myAndroid/kernel_1/ARCH/arm/boot/ ) ther is your kernel Image and zImage you can use both if you want. :O)

Thanks Markinus and Endrix.

Reactions: Lsdma

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
EDIT: I've only got windows at work... Can someone please upload a compiled kernel so I can try it on my TG01 so I can give feedback?

Awesome, seriously well done guys!!!

I've not had time to help like I had hoped, so simply well done to those involved so far :)

).

Last edited:

bally3

Aug 4, 2008
Tinternet
Glad to hear it finally arrived Markinus :)

Good to have you on board too. With regard to a compiled kernel, everyone please allow Markinus some to time to get things working before we start asking for kernels to check.

Just so that people understand, kernel booting doesnt mean kernel loading a android gui environment, so theres still nothing to see. What Markinus means by that is he can see that the hardware is being initialised and the things that should be happening when a kernel boots are happening.

Good to see things moving again though :)

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Bally, I knew it wasn't ready per se, I just wanted to try and contribute by testing to see if they got the output they expected on multiple phones as I don't have the time to help with development as I expected to :(

Kalas_22

Feb 16, 2010
One thing ttt bothers me, TG01 has a low amount of ram (or at least i think so) for winmo most roms get just 100 or so.. Running opera and some music on the backgorund may be enought to get things messsy.

Will android spend more or less in comparissom?

thanks

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
One thing ttt bothers me, TG01 has a low amount of ram (or at least i think so) for winmo most roms get just 100 or so.. Running opera and some music on the backgorund may be enought to get things messsy.

Will android spend more or less in comparissom?

thanks

i also worried about this too. but most android devices have 256 ram or so. and android is more effiecient with ram management than windows mobile. we also have badly optimised toshiba dlls. when running android, it shuts down windows mobile, and opens android os, so both os dont run in the background, thus saving ram. also i wonder after we manage to get functional android roms, we get skinned versions, such as HTC Sense! what do you guys think+

bojan6

Oct 14, 2009
London
There you have one compiled kernel..

Is ready to execute. Just extract it to your sd card in your phone and that is all. Then run haret.
This one is from Endrix file I just replaced the Image file and set the new default text. There is a zImage as well and you cant try it if you want.

Attachments

• ToshDroid.rar
    5.3 MB · Views: 2,054
Reactions: Lsdma

bally3

Aug 4, 2008
Tinternet
There you have one compiled kernel..

Is ready to execute. Just extract it to your sd card in your phone and that is all. Then run haret.
This one is from Endrix file I just replaced the Image file and set the new default text. There is a zImage as well and you cant try it if you want.

dont have a tg01 to hand at mo.. can anyone post up the output please?

bally3

Aug 4, 2008
Tinternet
Bally, I knew it wasn't ready per se, I just wanted to try and contribute by testing to see if they got the output they expected on multiple phones as I don't have the time to help with development as I expected to :(

I stand corrected.

Markinus HAS got to the gui...wow!

we need a touch screen driver now.. good work...very impressive!

:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: WARNING! If you do not follow the below instruction, your post WILL be deleted, not moved. Thank you for your cooperation. ~TheRomMistress

bally3 said:

Appreciate your enthusiasm, but can you move the conversations about userspace (builds) to the Discussions thread please, as this thread should be primarily for the KERNEL development only.

Appreciate your understanding,

Hi!

I have now a TG01 too, and started to develop some Linux stuff for it.
    The branch for it is in our htcleo repository.

http://www.htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tg01

17.09.11 Edit10 and last:
    Hi!

I pushed my last changes. There some new stuff in repo now like:
    - Powerbutton support
    - Fixes for Power/USB
    - Panel Code
    - Notifications
    - Usb cable pull/push did not crash device anymore
    and much other.

I'm closing this project for me because I've no time to work on it.

One Info, the problems with the GUI after boot are ril related. The biggest work is RIL. It looks like you have to write (or find) a RPC based RIL lib.
    have fun!

Markinus

Edit9:
    Calls works now. But the mic not. :)
    Battery works, a simple cable detection driver too. Problem, you cannot in the moment pull or push the cable in/out. If you do it the devices will crash after ca. 15 sec.
    Build updated.

Edit8:
    Audio and vibration works.
    !Important: Run clrcad.exe in wince bevor you run haret and boot linux!

Edit7:
    The Volume and Camera Buttons are now supported.

Edit6:
    Added touchscreen buttons
    Added first Test Build! Extract to sd and run haret! Look to Post 2.

Edit5:
    Touchscreen is working now. I had to recalculate the calibration values. Later we have to look to better calib values, maybe a calib app for users.

Edit4:
    We have now a official mach id 3197. This have to be changed in the default.txt for haret.

Edit3:
    So some new stuff is checked in:
    - panelfile with basic support for mdp and lcdc
    - sd card works
    - usb works
    - rpc, pcom, works

Status: the device is booting now android till the unlock screen in the GUI, but without touchscreen ... :)

Edit2:

status: kernel is booting and android starting. We need to write much new stuff to get all hardware working.

default.txt:
    set mtype 3197
    set ramaddr 0x11800000
    set ramsize 0x0e800000
    set KERNEL zImage
    set initrd initrd.gz
    set cmdline ""
    boot

Markinus
    First Test Build:

Look to top whats working.
    Second testbuild:
    http://www.multiupload.com/WQN1Q1SJ0E
    http://www.multiupload.com/P0B04IK8S0

Have fun on test!

Toshiba T-01C source code is released at fmworld.net

/product/phone/sp/android/develop/

sorry. this is my first post, so I can't write direct url here.

T-01C is a new android smart phone by toshiba. This code may help us.

can download here
    http://www.multiupload.com/4GA78R3EDE
    T01C_TER018_38.tar.gz
    people posting stupid questions, read first post!
    Solution for 100% CPU usage

Well i don't have TG01 but i used same kernel source and ported that on LG Fathom. I also faced 100% CPU utilization issue. The problem is with the powermanagementservice. The powermanagerservice expect /dev/input/event3 and for some reason our device doesn't have that. So the simple workaround is to create link of /dev/input/event0 to /dev/input/event3. The command is ln -s /dev/input/event0 /dev/input/event3 . You have to do this on every power cycle. for immediate effect suspend and resume your phone.

HTH