FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UPDATE 11.22]2.32.651.2-rootable!! + info-

2,149 posts
Thanks Meter: 182
 
By tailsthecat3, Senior Member on 22nd November 2010, 04:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2.32.651.2 is available. I got a new hero today and updated OTA to the new software. then I applied this root method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=804296

ive been deleting much bloat. the update has a new baseband, new software, new PRI. kernel is the same. im sure theres more that i dont know about.
This update makes it feel fast and responsive. To me-a little smoother than the last .7 official.

sprint zone is in here...SprintZone.apk

I havent flashed clockwork yet but i intend to...right now
 
 
22nd November 2010, 08:31 PM |#2  
mercado79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsthecat3

2.32.651.2 is available. Im getting a new hero today and was wondering if this version has been rooted or if anyone has it extracted for manual application?

sorry i can't tell you one or the other; however, i was curious why you're jumping on a hero instead of something like the lg optimus s which is cheaper and has gotten great reviews?

one obvious negative of picking another device is that the community isn't quite there for it yet, but... i know it is rooted at least.

also, if it's a matter of price, two of my brothers ordered their evo's from this site:

http://ordersprint.cellbenefits.com/...t/devices.html

the prices seem unreal, to be honest. but it might be worth looking at what they have available. much cheaper than direct from sprint and the lg ends up being $50 in your pocket after contract, rebates, and/or giftcards.

anyway, just a thought. i do love my hero, but this late in the game, i'd be looking to snag a slightly more modern device. or, maybe you could find one to buy from people in the forum. i know a lot of people have been upgrading recently (i'm up in a week or so, but plan to wait until after ces before i buy a new phone).

sorry for the off-topic question!

/rant
22nd November 2010, 08:37 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 182
 
Donate to Me
More
they replaced my hero with a new one
22nd November 2010, 09:04 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 182
 
Donate to Me
More
Talking UPDATE
Updated op
23rd November 2010, 01:57 AM |#5  
mercado79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Ah.. I see.

Well, thanks for the update. Good to know that root is still available!

Sent from my Hero using XDA App
23rd November 2010, 02:14 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 182
 
Donate to Me
More
Question
i flashed nfinite's .7 update 3.1 odex version after all that. device retained the baseband and pri versions. if i try the ota update to the new software, i get the triangle exclamation point. when i press menu, im at clockworks menu. id like to have the latest software but a new baseband is good too.
23rd November 2010, 02:27 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Any way to get the update other than OTA?

I'd like to have the new PRL and Baseband as I run CM.

Thanks.
23rd November 2010, 03:46 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 182
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69

Any way to get the update other than OTA?

I'd like to have the new PRL and Baseband as I run CM.

Thanks.

prolly not until someone extracts it. i dont know much about it.
23rd November 2010, 04:44 AM |#9  
mtnchkn's Avatar
Member
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I knew about 2.31.651.7 OTA, but didn't realize there was another. I am still running .6 with an odexed basically stock ROM (see sig).

So, really better performance, or just a bit? Any difference on mflops, or other specifics?
23rd November 2010, 04:52 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 182
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnchkn

I knew about 2.31.651.7 OTA, but didn't realize there was another. I am still running .6 with an odexed basically stock ROM (see sig).

So, really better performance, or just a bit? Any difference on mflops, or other specifics?

.7 is the best stock update so far and this new update seems a little more responsive.
23rd November 2010, 06:42 AM |#11  
ccrosno's Avatar
Senior Member
Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsthecat3

2.32.651.2 is available. I got a new hero today and updated OTA to the new software. then I applied this root method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=804296

ive been deleting much bloat. the update has a new baseband, new software, new PRI. kernel is the same. im sure theres more that i dont know about.
This update makes it feel fast and responsive. To me-a little smoother than the last .7 official.

sprint zone is in here...SprintZone.apk

I havent flashed clockwork yet but i intend to...right now

I have finished rooting the new update and I can say that the SuperOneClick method works as well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Rom Manager went on fine too.

Edit: My bad, I lost root after booting. I will try your root method. Sorry

Getting the S-off again is now trickier due to the new radio baseband.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes