FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

USB Device Not Recognized...

265 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By chris_knows, Senior Member on 23rd November 2010, 12:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For some reason, whenever I plug my X10a into my computer, I get "USB Device Not Recognized", and the phone doesn't charge and I can't mount SD Card or use ADB...
It still charges through the wall socket though.
Anyone know what the problem is?

23rd November 2010, 01:20 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows

Your computer or SD. Uninstall any SE drivers with USBDeview and reconnect which should install new drivers and hopefully sort it out.
23rd November 2010, 03:41 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work...I tried connecting to another computer too, and nothing happened. So my only option now is to get a new SD card?
24th November 2010, 04:53 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I am experiencing the same thing and this happened after that I first rooted my phone using superoneclick and then replaced my fonts with arabic fonts.
I hope someone can find the root cause for this error.
24th November 2010, 09:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:

For some reason, whenever I plug my X10a into my computer, I get "USB Device Not Recognized", and the phone doesn't charge and I can't mount SD Card or use ADB...
It still charges through the wall socket though.

I've had off and on problems in this area. Searched around and found this thread.
[GUIDE] ADB, Fastboot, and Nandroid for Noobs
This is what he suggests to solve problems with ADB and USB, (below is ALL the work of the Guide author):

"Im not getting a notification of Android ADB when i plug in my USB"

Why: Your computer has detected your phone but as a protable device and as a storage device.

Fix: This took me a lot of research and time to figure out so this is what your are going to do.

First download USBDeview - Here
Unzip it
Run USBDeview.exe as Administrator
You will see all drivers being used on your computer
Highlight and Uninstall all drivers with the description have HTC Android (Should be 3 of them)
Right Click on the driver and press uninstall
Once done, Unplug your phone and plug it back in
You should now get the notification of the ADB device

Plug in your phone through USB and DO NOT MOUNT IT!!!!!
Your computer should see a new device and try to install Android 1.0 driver (If it doesnt, scroll down to the "Im not getting a notification of Android ADB when i plug in my USB" section)
Let it load
Once it cant find them select "Install drivers from my pc"
The drivers you need are in the Android SDK 1.5r2 folder (C:\android-sdk-windows\usb_driver)
Depending on your OS pick x86 or amd64
You ADB Android Device should now be installed! Good Job
24th November 2010, 10:24 PM |#6  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work...I tried connecting to another computer too, and nothing happened. So my only option now is to get a new SD card?

Had the same issue my friend. it's the USB socket within the phone that is gubbed. I spent days searching for a solution to no avail.
25th November 2010, 09:42 AM |#7  

More
Why don't you install PC Companion? You can download it from SE. Once you've finished installation, connect your phone and let it detect your phone.
After that, you can uninstall PC Companion. The purpose is to let PC Companion installs all X10 drivers.
28th November 2010, 06:52 AM |#8  

More
Hi guys,

Well it's not the socket because I can charge it normally with wall charger. Regarding the drivers, of course I have tried with PCcompanion and it didn't work.

Thanks...
29th November 2010, 12:02 AM |#9  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 9

More
well i think it can be the socket, becouse, wall charger only uses two wires of the five the socket has, so may be data+ or data- wire is broken. Have you tried with different usb cable?

As the mobile usb socket only has TWO solder points and it is very small socket and the position is not the best, may be some of the five lanes of the socket have unsoldered...and this is why it charges but it cant connect to computer.

It is only an idea..i hope the cause is some driver, mobile configuration (have you tried to reset your phone? ) or the USB cable.
29th November 2010, 03:25 PM |#10  

More
after changing 3 cables I got it to work...
Thank you for your support.
9th January 2011, 03:46 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
USBDeview is giving me a virus, the .exe is the problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)