Thanks Meter: 5,424

By shabbypenguin, Inactive Recognized Developer on 23rd November 2010, 06:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2010, 12:33 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 282

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO pitbull

Could the MSID number in my phone being different from my phone number be the reason it doesn't think this is a SPrint phone?

no, the MSID on your phone (and everyone's phone) is always different than your MDN (phone number).. this is required by the network. It helps to authenticate your device on the network. That way someone can't just clone your phone.

you should leave the MSID number alone

The reason "it doesn't think it's a Sprint phone" could be many.. I know when using different ROMs, sometimes Facebook thinks I have a "Magic".. etc.. not sure why though
27th December 2010, 02:21 PM |#22  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,424

Donate to Me
More
this tweak is designed to make the google servers and such see you as a nexus one (which as it stands now have the best app availability)
11th January 2011, 04:57 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ok im a noobie but how the heck do u get the to the place where u put this info in, i have adb.exe in my clockwork root folder, but it doesnt open. How do i do this, step by step please cause i guess i dont have all the apps either. Still tryin to fix my damm GPS aswell
11th January 2011, 09:03 PM |#24  
Flag Fayetteville, AR
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by urirx98

ok im a noobie but how the heck do u get the to the place where u put this info in, i have adb.exe in my clockwork root folder, but it doesnt open. How do i do this, step by step please cause i guess i dont have all the apps either. Still tryin to fix my damm GPS aswell

Look at this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...89&postcount=8

When it says type "adb pull /system/build.prop" it means to type that in a command prompt window. Go to the folder with adb.exe on your PC. The file should be in a directory like ...../AndroidSDK(or something similar)/tools/. Once in the folder make sure no file or item is selected then press shift then right click and it says new command window or command prompt or something like that. Select and a window should open. Thats where you will enter the commands mentioned in the post above.

PM me if this is not making any sense to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to jprocha101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jprocha101 Ad-Free
14th January 2011, 01:46 AM |#25  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 12

More
permission denied read-only file system
Never mind. I figured it out and its working!
I didnt realize I had to be clockwork...
15th January 2011, 10:52 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprocha101

Look at this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...89&postcount=8

When it says type "adb pull /system/build.prop" it means to type that in a command prompt window. Go to the folder with adb.exe on your PC. The file should be in a directory like ...../AndroidSDK(or something similar)/tools/. Once in the folder make sure no file or item is selected then press shift then right click and it says new command window or command prompt or something like that. Select and a window should open. Thats where you will enter the commands mentioned in the post above.

PM me if this is not making any sense to you.

Ok im in the same boat as this is completely foreign to me. I need this fix so I can get a certain App called Firehouse Scheduler. I paid for it but since going from 2.1 to 2.2 its not in the Marketplace at all. I contacted the developer and he states that its because google has copy protection on the app and if I rooted there is no way to get it back.

So where do i download this adb.exe and do I need my phone connected via usb?? The directions are not really noob friendly Thanks in advance!
18th January 2011, 12:25 AM |#27  
Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 53,473

Donate to Me
More
OK, I pulled my build.prop file out, edited it with a text editor and replaced the text as directed, saved the file, put it back in the /system folder, rebooted, cleared market data and cache, and still no tv.com. What am I doing wrong? I am on the stock DK28 put on with Odin. Also can't get Dailystrips either. Thanks. I appreciate all the help I can get.
15th August 2019, 09:14 PM |#28  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer / Un-Recognized Hacker - Free Your Mind
Flag The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 32,783

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

OK, I pulled my build.prop file out, edited it with a text editor and replaced the text as directed, saved the file, put it back in the /system folder, rebooted, cleared market data and cache.

Good Job. I'm so proud of you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2019, 09:48 PM |#29  
Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 53,473

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Good Job. I'm so proud of you.

The Following User Says Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KennyG123 Ad-Free
16th August 2019, 07:31 PM |#30  
Flag Sevilla City, España
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)