Go here for Gingerbread kernels by me
I am in no way responsible for what happens to your phone as a result of flashing this or any kernel.
Do not flash with ROM Manager, it has been known to give very strange issues on this phone, boot into recovery and manually flash it.
Confirmed Working On:
- CyanogenMod 6
- CyanogenMod 7
- Ultimate Droid
- Conical ROM
- [others? should work with all aosp-based roms]
- smartass governor
- sd card fix
- fast charge
- undervolted, overclockable (not overclocked by default)
- 128 min screen on / 384 max screen off
- multi-touch with up to
10 3 points recognized (thanks tchebb!) (source) (MUST have ClockworkMod 22.214.171.124 installed for this feature to work. why? i dont know...someone is looking into it...) (also, to test it, use "pointer location" in dev tools on cm, or get "multitouch test" by greenbot on the market) also, it will work with emulators like nesoid!)
Go there for the kernel for sense-based roms.
Known Bugs/Future Features:
- [others? please post about them!]
I recommend wiping dalvik any time you flash a kernel! (it's under advanced in recovery) If you haven't, don't bother posting about issues!
Download - #28
Download - #21
Download - #18
Download - #17
Download - #16 - wifi fixed, integrated wifi tether - thanks big vinylfreak89!
- slightly more agressive on undervolting
- beginnings of experimentation for higher freqs (not yet implemented)
- merge newest version of yaffs2 (thanks chad0989)
- fix some EXT4 issues for future implementation (thanks chad0989)
- revert #30
- broken - tried icache flush again. it appears the important line in the patch is already included in our kernel
- added zodttd's icache flush patch source
- havs back in
- multi touch down to 3 points (should help with some phones having issues) (for some reason you also need clockworkmod 126.96.36.199 installed for more than 2 points. odd? yes, weird? yes, do i know why? no)
- revert back to #18
- dumped havs
- no battery patches
- 384 max screen off
- tchebb's multi-touch patch
- dumped all battery patches
- 384 max screen on freq (to fix the lag when receiving a call)
- dumped havs
- ms79723's newer battery fix
- adds the 3-10 multi-touch points from tchebb
- adds 128mhz back in, revert's 19's patch
- another bump charge fix attempt
- revert the non-fix for 100-90% battery life drop
- revert swap reason and because it doesnt work and because we have plenty of ram
- set 245mhz as min while screen is on (dunno why i didnt have this before)
- fixes the 100%-90% quick drop of battery life
- swap enabled
- vinyfreak89's build. all is working here!
- bastard child of an attempt at fixing wireless :P
- fast charge fix
#12 (the phone is still behind one build number, will be fixed on next build. i promise!)
- fixed that damn default governor (disabled ondemand altogether)
#11 (build #10 according to phone)
- patched up to chads 11/28 build
- minor changes to smartass
- minor changes to voltages
#10 (build #9 according to phone)
-- Initial public release
- 188.8.131.52 - off chad0989's source (thanks!)
- smartass governor
- cyanogen's patches (thanks!)
- cyanogen for his patches
- chad0989 for his modified kernel source
- vinylfreak89 for guidance and big helps!
- seanzer for telling me where to double-check myself, guidance and all around being awesome
- tchebb for the multi-touch patch
- zodttd for the icache flush fix
- ms79723 for battery fixes
- creators of HAVS, smartass governor and anyone else who contributed to the bunches of patches that this kernel has received
- Linus and the entire linux community
- [Others? im sure there are...]
If you have benefited from my work, please consider buying me a beer! (Donation link on the left, below my name)
Q: What is the smartass governer?
A: The smartass governer drops drops the max cpu frequency when your screen is off. It is effective in saving battery life. Read more about it here
Q: Will this work with [ROM]?
A: Maybe. There is a list of what roms this kernel is known to work with near the top of the original post. Refer to your Rom's OP to see if it is sense or aosp-based. If it is sense-based, check here for the kernel that chad made (which is what this is based off). If it is aosp-based and not listed here, please do a nandroid, try the kernel and report back!
Q: Should I use setCPU or any other cpu overclocking program?
A: Up to you, it isn't needed. I use OS Monitor WITHOUT root ability enabled to monitor the cpu's settings. This kernel has the smartass governor which will automagically downclock your cpu's max frequency while your screen is off.