FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BootAni] Updated BIOS Bootscreen for Desire HD

1,011 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,078

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

Attached to this post is an updated version of the BIOS boot animation for your shiny Desire HDs I don't own one myself (just yet at least!), but I was making one for LeeDrOiD's ROMs, and thought it would be good to create a generic one if you are using a different Custom ROM.

This is based off of the original creative/design of frysee! Thanks to him for allowing me to mod this boot animation for the DHD!

I have tested this on my Classic Desire and it seems to work great, so if anyone runs into any issues, please let me know in this thread.

Some things you should note:
  • bootanimation.zip is within the scar45-desireHD-bios-bootanimation.zip
  • android_audio.mp3 is also included, which is start up sounds from an old PC
  • You should be able to replace the originals, either by replacing them in the .zip before flashing, or using S-OFF (or recovery) to replace them after.
  • Most common path for these 2 files is /system/customize/resource

Previews below were mangled by the forum upload process, but they're perfectly crisp 480 x 800 PNGs within the .zip

Note that this did take me a good while (editing 92 .PNGs), since I couldn't use the classic Desire BIOS generator to make the specs change to the Desire HD, so any donations are greatly appreciated, especially if you get a kick out of this boot animation!

Oh, and if you want to include this boot animation on your website/ROM/etc., just send me a PM first...thanks!

Hope you enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00039.jpg
Views:	4291
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	452308   Click image for larger version

Name:	00078.jpg
Views:	3405
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	452309   Click image for larger version

Name:	00092.jpg
Views:	3136
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	452310  
Attached Files
File Type: zip scar45-desireHD-bios-bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (856.0 KB, 2752 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to scar45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scar45 Ad-Free

29th November 2010, 07:17 PM |#2  
Flag Osasco/SP
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar45

Hello all,

Attached to this post is an updated version of the BIOS boot animation for your shiny Desire HDs I don't own one myself (just yet at least!), but I was making one for LeeDrOiD's ROMs, and thought it would be good to create a generic one if you are using a different Custom ROM.

I have tested this on my Classic Desire and it seems to work great, so if anyone runs into any issues, please let me know in this thread.

Some things you should note:

• bootanimation.zip is within the scar45-desireHD-bios-bootanimation.zip
  • android_audio.mp3 is also included, which is start up sounds from an old PC
  • You should be able to replace the originals, either by replacing them in the .zip before flashing, or using S-OFF (or recovery) to replace them after.
  • Most common path for these 2 files is /system/customize/resource

Previews below were mangled by the forum upload process, but they're perfectly crisp 480 x 800 PNGs within the .zip

Note that this did take me a good while (editing 92 .PNGs), since I couldn't use the classic Desire BIOS generator to make the specs change to the Desire HD, so any donations are greatly appreciated, especially if you get a kick out of this boot animation!

Oh, and if you want to include this boot animation on your website/ROM/etc., just send me a PM first...thanks!

Hope you enjoy!

Great job man...really very ,very good !

thanx

30th November 2010, 01:46 AM |#3  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 80

More
cannot find them in the specif folder.. any ideas?
do i have to flash this zip file though recovery?
30th November 2010, 03:30 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 1,078

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goran macedon

cannot find them in the specif folder.. any ideas?
do i have to flash this zip file though recovery?

Hi goran, I don't have a Desire HD myself, but I believe you should look in /data/local to see if the original .zip file is there. If so, simply replace it (you'll need S-OFF, or do it via Recovery using ADB).

Do NOT try and flash the .zip that you downloaded (scar45-desireHD-bios-bootanimation.zip) as it contains another .zip file within, namely 'bootanimation.zip' which is the one that you should replace. Neither .zip files are actually flashable, so you'll probably just get an error if you attempt to. With the provided .zip package that I've attached to this post, you should be able to Google and find the answers as to how to replace it if you're still having difficulties.

Thanks for your interest in this too!
The Following User Says Thank You to scar45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scar45 Ad-Free
30th November 2010, 08:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
It's quite funky. I had a little chuckle when I saw that apparently the HTC Ace has an i440BX motherboard in it though
30th November 2010, 09:17 AM |#6  
Flag Skopje

More
ah ok...i have custom lee's rom with soff and recovery...but I cannot find anywhere the bootanimation

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
30th November 2010, 10:19 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
THX for the animation.
with estrongs I was able to replace these files.
very nice
30th November 2010, 12:13 PM |#8  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Just replaced the files and rebooted my DHD.

Always liked the old fashion boot..

Thanks for your work.
30th November 2010, 02:13 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
It needs to be pushed to data/local/, works well
30th November 2010, 02:42 PM |#10  
Flag Skopje

More
just copy there? no other actions? please reply
30th November 2010, 02:45 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goran macedon

just copy there? no other actions? please reply

There are same named files, so simply overwrite them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bios, boot animation, bootanimation, wvga

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)