[CHT2 SMS/Mail Skin]Nordpolcampers SIMPLE WHITE CABS UPLOADED+ Black Skin+more coming

Search This thread

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
Hi everyone :)
So I took on the task of making some SMS and Email Widget Skins, and this is what I finished up until now.

NOW AVAILABLE: SIMPLE WHITE EMAIL + SMS WIDGET

smsundmailsimplewhite.jpg

Got it done faster!! Cabs are uploaded^^
The intensity of the white in the Email Widget gets as high as the white in the SMS Widget, when having multiple mails^^

smsundmailsimpleblack.jpg

to make it look good, you should change the colour of your text by going into CHTE, then tab Widgets, SMS or Mail, and change colour to white (255,255,255).

I really hope you enjoy these and that you stay tuned for more updates in the next time :)

Thanks to the great work of poyensa the problem with the black text font on the Email Tab is solved. I reuploaded the new Cab file^^ Credits to Poyensa :)
If these Widget Skins already exist, I am sorry I didnt mean to steal your idea, but I can assure you, that these Skins come out of my mind, because I wanted my widget to look like that. Plz PM me on that concern.

Last edited:

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
I have installed both wigdets, but the SMS part is still white. Why?

What SMS part? The whole widget or just the bottom line? would be very nice, if you could make a screenshot^^

But for now, just try to reinstall and soft reset once more, if that doesnt fix the problem, plz try to make a screenshot.
Normally it should work just fine^^

Colossus92

Feb 7, 2010
Thats what its look like

attachment.php

I notified that my device do not wanted to do a soft reset after the installation.
With the Email skin, there was a soft reset request and it works fine.

(Wenn es unverständlich ist, erklär ich es besser auf deutsch :D )

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 8,389

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
Thats what its look like

attachment.php

I notified that my device do not wanted to do a soft reset after the installation.
With the Email skin, there was a soft reset request and it works fine.

(Wenn es unverständlich ist, erklär ich es besser auf deutsch :D )

Mhhm might know what the problem is^^ just one question. Is the white sms skin the one you had before ?

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
No no, that is right after the installation of your cab.
After all, the 3 icons at the bottom have changed :D

Yes they surely have^^ But we cant just leave it like that right?!^^
Well I think I have solved that issue. Thats the only possible thing I can think of going wrong, because I tested the widget the whole time, and 3 friends of mine, too ;) SO by now it should work. Just download the cab file in the first post. I reedit it and installed on my device, and it works :)

Hope that goes for you too^^ just deinstall the previous version, download the cab on first post and hopefully it works ;)

You have to excuse my lack of knowledge in such matters, cause I only just started :(

Colossus92

Feb 7, 2010
Now it works like a charm :)

Thank you very much for solving the problem in just a few minutes, it looks great!

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Great idea.. but the problem with the email widget is that it also changes the graphics on the email tab. There you have black text on a black background, making emails near impossible to read. It would be a good idea to also release a modded MODE9 file for the email tab to turn the text white :)

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
Great idea.. but the problem with the email widget is that it also changes the graphics on the email tab. There you have black text on a black background, making emails near impossible to read. It would be a good idea to also release a modded MODE9 file for the email tab to turn the text white :)

Yeah you are right, didnt think of that :( but I have no idea what a Mode9 file is, what its for and what it does :(

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg

Well I talked to poyensa and rat_2665 and I hope, that I am now capable of editing those files^^ but unfortunatly I am limited to a few programs right now, so that I can post the solution on thursday I hope :(
But until then i will work on more skins^^

Reactions: Kähx

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg

Well now its fixed^^ thanks to the work of poyensa the text font on the emailtab should be white by now ;) I reuploaded the Cab-File. Enjoy^^

Thnx..
Looks great i never did like the white backgrounds on these things..:)

Me neither^^ but I might be creating a whit semitransparent look like the black one^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone :)
    So I took on the task of making some SMS and Email Widget Skins, and this is what I finished up until now.

NOW AVAILABLE: SIMPLE WHITE EMAIL + SMS WIDGET

smsundmailsimplewhite.jpg

Got it done faster!! Cabs are uploaded^^
    The intensity of the white in the Email Widget gets as high as the white in the SMS Widget, when having multiple mails^^

smsundmailsimpleblack.jpg

to make it look good, you should change the colour of your text by going into CHTE, then tab Widgets, SMS or Mail, and change colour to white (255,255,255).

I really hope you enjoy these and that you stay tuned for more updates in the next time :)

Thanks to the great work of poyensa the problem with the black text font on the Email Tab is solved. I reuploaded the new Cab file^^ Credits to Poyensa :)
    If these Widget Skins already exist, I am sorry I didnt mean to steal your idea, but I can assure you, that these Skins come out of my mind, because I wanted my widget to look like that. Plz PM me on that concern.
    it takes the background directly from Cokie SMS widget, so the file to skin is 3EA7E114_manila. Still not finished, it needs to be adjusted to the sizes but ready for a test. Just copy both files from inside the zip to windows folder and restart sense. The modded file 115191c7_manila is based on DarkNinja's William Archbell Fix so credits to him for that, and to NordpolCamper for the graphics.

EDIT: Ok thats working for me. See attached screen. No need CHT to work, but will take the background from Cokie SMS widget. Attaching black & white text version. Sense off, Copy both files from inside the zip to windows folder, accept overwrite and restart Sense. Then you can also skin the background editing the file 3EA7E114_manila, and also will take co0kie's widget SMS background in case you have CHT installed. For change text edit mode9 file 115191c7_manila, all Color property of GLESText Objects under <MessageViews>

if your SMS tab crash try something: install william archbell fix from previous link, then install again the backgroundSMStab (thanks rickyjune & mike2nl for testing)

And do not forget to enjoy!

Well I talked to poyensa and rat_2665 and I hope, that I am now capable of editing those files^^ but unfortunatly I am limited to a few programs right now, so that I can post the solution on thursday I hope :(
    But until then i will work on more skins^^
    try something: install william archbell fix from previous link, then install again the backgroundSMStab ...
    hi andrew, just a couple:

1) the cabs from first post are working under Co0kie Home Tab 2.0. They mode the CHTwidget SMS &/or email, so you need to have CHT2.0 previously installed for them to work. Once CHT2.0 is working in your device -which is not the issue of this thread, then install Nordpolcampers Simple Black SMS Widget.cab or any other cab, then activate the widgets by pressing an empty area of the home screen >> add new element >> SMS or Email widget.

2) Aditionaly -and not much related, in post #49 its a modification of the SMS sense tab which add background behind the SMS tab of HTC Sense 2.5. No need Co0kie Home tab to work, and the process to do it should be: install william archbell fix from previous link by copying all the files from inside the zip to windows folder using Resco Explorer or Total Commander, acept overwrite, and restart HTC Sense; then install BackgroundSMSTab_BlackText.zip (or white) by copying all the files from inside the zip to windows folder using Resco Explorer or Total Commander, acept overwrite, and restart HTC Sense.

I hope it helps, if not ask again :)