/Doc and Stefunel
..:: Current Releases ::..
..:: News ::..
Doc & Stefunel kitchen added
We have a NEW server thanks to Thomas. VERY big thanks Thomas from Doc and Stefunel, GREAT support
New Domain: http://romkitchen.org
Captivate Kitchen released
..:: General Overview ::..
The Kitchen will be the base for future rom releases. It will give the user the most ultimate way to adjust their own CUSTOM ROM to individual preferences.
A tip: the roms from kitchen can be downloaded from your mobile browser, and installed directly from recovery.
You dont even need a computer.
- Based on JPX/JPY ( Froyo 2.2.1). Doc rom V7.1 used in the Kitchen
- Apps and framework carefully optimized
- PNG's optimized
- Latest SU and Busybox 1.17.3
- Clockworkmod Recovery (in kernel)
- BLN support (BacklightNotification, enable via CWM, support of BLN is dependant of the kernel of choice)
- Big APN list
- Fat.format and zipalign added
- Fully functional startup scripts
- Wifi fix (Thanks Hardcore)
- Phone.apk without increasing ringing added
- Multiple choices
..:: How to use the Kitchen ::..
Enter the kitchen here: Kitchen
1: Choose the wipe or non wipe base rom (wipe recommended for all non XXJPY users)
2: Choose the kernel
3: Choose the modem
4: Select Apps
5: Choose the Launcher
6: Choose the Base apps you like in the rom
7: Choose the Utilities you like to have
8: Choose the Other apps you like in your rom
9: Choose the Keyboard you like in your rom, info about the choices: Link
10: Choose the Theme for your rom. (coming soon)
11: Press generate (only one time). Wait for the magic to happen.
12: Download the cooked rom and install it from recovery
If you have any other rom than a 2.2.1 (XXJPX/XXJPY) with CW recovery, look here:
Easy way to INSTALL: Simple install guide
..::Themes and theme templates for kitchen ::..
(will be integrated in kitchen)
Theme template (all sgs stock, XXJPY). Used for creating themes. No need to flash this when installing rom
Theme template (AOSP lockscreen, XXJPY).
Theme template ( AOSP Lockscreen, menu button fix, XXJPY)
Theme template ( AOSP Lockscreen, menu button fix, + Extended Power Menu XXJPY)
Doc theme v2, Samsung lockscreen
Doctheme v2, XXJPY
Doc theme v2, AOSP lockscreen
Doctheme v2 aosp, XXJPY
..:: Great Custom Themes ::..
Dena Theme Dena By Dena994 and Whiskey
Dark Theme Dark by Scylla69
Gingerbread Theme Gingerbread by Vukandric
Gingerbread blue Theme Ginger blue by Zeubug
LitePro Blue LitePro blue by LitePro
R64 Themes R64 themes by R64
..:: Kitchen changelog ::..
2011-01-01 : Updated Zeam, hardcore and trasig kernels. Added Swype selector, more kernels. Captivate version added
2010-12-30 : initial setup with bugfixes and additions
..:: Bug Reports and install errors ::..
Bug/issue status: Link (thanks to HSAgoo)
If you find some bugs, please provide as much details as possible:
ROM version, both before and after your flash.
Factory reset or not, before install or after
..:: Donations ::..
We work hard on making this fully working kitchen with frequent additions.
Any donations are welcome.
- I strongly advice you to disable any lagfixes when upgrade to new roms or install new kernels.
- Always flash rom with FULLY charged battery
- Make backup of efs-folder (with Root Explorer or ADB)
- Do NOT restore system data, if you upgrade from 2.1 (Eclair)
- Battery questions: Battery
- Startup tweaks (Enabled via Clockworkmod Recovery) - recommended harmless tweaks to increase phone responsiveness: More info.
CRED to a lot of people:
Baron RichtHofen, Cyanogen, Sztupy, Tayutama, Hardcore, Supercurio, Trasig, Glitterballz and many more!
/Doc and Stefunel