FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME] Black Out (Current Version: Preview 7.1 for Fission 2.4.2/2.4.3)

352 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By javroch, Senior Member on 1st December 2010, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Black Out
Preview 7.1

for Fission 2.4.2/2.4.3
Brought to you by javroch

Feel free to repost, but please ask and always include a link back to this original post at all times.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=832452

Coming Soon:
More UI elements themed
More apps themed

2nd December 2010, 01:05 AM |#2  
Flag ONTARIO
Thanks Meter: 19

More
jav... nice work! tried to catch you in IRC, but you left b4 I got a chance to talk to you about this...

Not sure if this was designed this way, but wanted to let you know either way... it's kinda that way in Google Voice as well... Great job tho...
2nd December 2010, 01:06 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I kind of did that on purpose, but I've been toying with making them more prominent a bit. You might see the look get updated in the near future. I'm glad you like my work though and appreciate the constructive criticism.
2nd December 2010, 02:42 AM |#4  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Niiiiiiccceeeee!!! Did you use the black modded apps package to make twitter and facebook black?

I really like the theme, it looks great. I also love dark/minimalist themes. The only thing i don't like about is it is that the battery indicator looks a bit too bright/happy for the theme.... Maybe a grey indicator in the status bar would work better or maybe a blue or purple one. Just a suggestion. Other than that it looks great.

Nice work ,
ljbaumer
2nd December 2010, 03:57 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbaumer

Niiiiiiccceeeee!!! Did you use the black modded apps package to make twitter and facebook black?

Nope. Everything about this theme, aside from the default wallpaper, I made myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbaumer

The only thing i don't like about is it is that the battery indicator looks a bit too bright/happy for the theme.

I've actually been trying to remove almost all color, or at least that's the end goal.... except for green. I wanted to let the Android green stay. I also happen to think it looks good with the black and gray, brings just a slight amount of color. So, unfortunately, I don't intend on changing the battery indicator. Maybe I could provide a grayscale option as a flashable update.zip style installer package at a later date though if I get time.

I'm glad you like what I've got together so far. It's really far from done yet, I plan on more deeply theming a lot of the other apk's, like facebook and twitter that you mentioned, so that they're more black just like the Gmail/Gtalk apps are already.
2nd December 2010, 07:29 AM |#6  
SE Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Perhaps I'm missing something....

since swype apparently was not included w/ 2.2.2, I downloaded the swype apk, but even after reinstalling the theme, I still get the default swype keyboard.

Other than that I'm a big fan, nice work!
2nd December 2010, 02:08 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
The direction s on the original post should state where to find everything. I don't install swype automatically as not everyone has it installed/uses it. Check /sdcard/BlackOut for a D2_Swype.zip and flash it from recovery.

Afaik, it works perfectly. I know a bunch of people who're using it.

Please try and remember to always read the first post from start to finish before reporting "bugs". I'm glad you like my work.
5th December 2010, 09:02 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sweet theme, in the 5 minutes I have looked at it and tried it. No themed FB and Twitter widget though? Something I am missing?
6th December 2010, 12:46 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inssane

Sweet theme, in the 5 minutes I have looked at it and tried it. No themed FB and Twitter widget though? Something I am missing?

Same here. Neither of them are themed. Stock and LauncherPro.
6th December 2010, 11:05 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
In Dominican, but sae your posts. Check /sdcard/BlackOut after theme install for the apks as stated in the thread
8th December 2010, 07:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey jav, love this theme. Was wondering if you were going to update for 2.3+ before I installed 2.3. Black Out is where it's at!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
black out, droid 2, fission, javroch, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)