FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME][Dec/21 @ v1.3] PCB Sense w/Animations (2.10 + 2.29)

1,011 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,078

Post Reply Email Thread
Sense 2.1/3.0 Installable .APK version is here -->[SKIN .APK] PCB Sense (for shiny new Sense 2.1 + Gingerbread ROMs!)

PCB Sense Theme w/Animations + New HTC Clock Widget

** (minor) UPDATE [02.12.2k11] ** - Links have been updated! Downloads should be working again (no more Dropbox 509 errors!)

** UPDATE [12.21.2k10] ** - v1.3 release containing:
  • Optimized, properly compiled .pngs + .apks, for both v2.10.405.2 and 2.29.405.2.
  • Made small edits to a few .pngs
  • Fixed the "Restore Clock Widget ONLY" + "Complete Uninstall" flashable .zips (previous ones had wrong .apk packaged, which was still my theme! sorry!!)
  • Added transparent background for Signal Strength icons (+ 1px black outline to distinguish better from the theme image behind)
  • All battery mods have been removed from both versions (cook your own in the UOT Kitchen, help is below near Downloads)
  • All animations are available in both 2.10.405.2 and 2.29.405.2, as well as a "no animations" package
  • Screenshots not yet updated for v1.3, but are very similar
  • NOTE - It is quite tough to maintain so many different versions of this theme, as each framework version has 6 flashable .zips to optimize, compile, package and upload, making for a total of 12. It's also tough to keep track of everything so as not to mix anything up, therefore I think that this will be the last version for the 2.10.405.2 series of frameworks. I wish I could contribute more time to this theme, however I would like to try that time at getting a Notification Widget version out, or even a version for AOSP-based ROMs (minus the Sense component of course!). I think that the theme is quite polished, so a last release for 2.10.405.2 seems valid. You never know though, but this is my estimation...your thoughts are welcomed.

I've been working on this theme for a while, and I wanted to release it since it seems the Desire scene has slowed down a bit...(we perfected everything too soon! ) Anyways, PCB Sense is a theme which replaces images in framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources.apk, and is meant to be a subtle addition to the already smooth theme that HTC has created. For me personally, something had to be added to make it unique from all other Sense owners, and that something I came up with is a slick circuit board pattern. The main PCB pattern was obtained from the Android Theme for Chrome, so respects to the creators, which I then blended cleanly with the stock Sense images.

There are 4 different versions of this theme, all based on which kind of animation (in framework-res.apk) that you want to use. I've taken the time to pre-package all animations into separate copies of my theme so it's easiest for you to get a good setup quickly. Videos of the animations can be found below, beside their Download counterparts, but feel free to flash them yourselves, as there's nothing like trying them out with your own tests It might also be a good idea to clear your Dalvik-Cache immediately after flashing this .zip (while in the same recovery session).

I am not going to personalize a copy for anyone, however I will take your feedback of any suggestions. Note that you can just rip the images out of my theme to customize your own, but PLEASE DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE (or offer for download) ANY THEME THAT CONTAINS THESE IMAGES I'VE CREATED. If you really need to for any reason, please send me a PM first. I also plan to port this theme to the New Sense once I get some more time.

Note that the ascii android character/text is based off of frysee's original work! Thanks to him for allowing me to use it!

Anyways, I'm blabbering on, and images of themes certainly do a better job of explaining themselves (I left the images high-res/native so that you can see the fine detail):

Preview Images:

Tested On: LeeDrOiD v2.2f + v2.3 / Compatible With: any Sense ROM with HTC Build number 2.10.405.2 or 2.29.405.2 (may work with other Sense versions, but untested!)

Downloads:
(all .zips are flashable via your favourite Recovery, but must be installed AFTER FIRST BOOT if you've just flashed a new ROM. Also remember to wipe your Dalvik-Cache just after flashing the PCB Sense Theme .zip)

* Donations are greatly accepted. Your support to all devs and designers on this forum helps to keep them (and I) inspired to work on more great things for the community!

Thanks in advance everyone, and I truly hope you like my theme...I'm trying to save up some cash to surprise my lady with her own Android phone for Christmas since she is in dire need, and also for putting up with my constant phone tinkering!

Customizing/Adding Battery Mod:

[1] Go to the UOT Kitchen, customize your theme throughout each step
[2] Ensure you choose to add the animation you want (UOT kitchen version has animations removed by default)
[3] Choose PCB Sense base 2.xx.405.2 Theme from the drop-down menu on the framework-res.apk step (near the end)
[4] Save this generated .zip file along with the PCB Sense Theme version of your choosing to your SDCARD.
[5] Flash the PCB Sense Theme version via Recovery first
[6] Secondly, flash the generated UOT .zip (overwrites 'framework-res.apk' only)
[7] wipe your Dalvik-Cache, and reboot to normal Android.

Restoring the Stock HTC Clock Widget:

If you'd prefer to use the original flip clock widget from HTC, then you can simply flash the appropriate build # .zip to restore ONLY the 'HtcClockWidget.apk' file to /system/app.
Note that you'll need to use the correct version as always:
  • 2.10.405.2 Restore default HTC Clock Widget flashable .zip
  • 2.29.405.2 Restore default HTC Clock Widget flashable .zip

Uninstalling / Reverting back to Stock:

Download either flashable .zip file[/url] to revert the modified files back to stock, effectively uninstalling ALL of the changes that this theme/mod makes.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to scar45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scar45 Ad-Free

2nd December 2010, 05:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Rocking the fly in right now and loving it..... The pcb looks much nicer than I was expecting.. Thanks soo much scar45, great work as usual.......
....cheers.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
2nd December 2010, 06:27 AM |#3  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 5

More
404 Page Not Found

The page you requested was not found.
??????
2nd December 2010, 07:22 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Awesome, thanks very much!

Sent by my Droid
2nd December 2010, 09:07 AM |#5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,267

Donate to Me
More
Amazing work scar and inspiring! You're right about
The desire being almost perfect. We can do
Just about anything now.
2nd December 2010, 09:53 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Great Stuff Thanks
2nd December 2010, 11:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Download worked, flashed it. 1. Boot took like 5mins but everything works as it should. Looks really good, thank you for your effort!
Damn, forget your Wallpaper Must have it too :P

/Dev
2nd December 2010, 11:31 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakoffline

404 Page Not Found

The page you requested was not found.
??????

Try downloading from the Drop box link
2nd December 2010, 11:55 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Awesome.....but i dint get the wallpaper....looked in wallpapers,htc wallpapers and also live wallpapers, it isnt there
2nd December 2010, 12:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
can i change the icons without loosing the statusbar and the pulldown menu?
2nd December 2010, 01:45 PM |#11  
Flag Hoth
Thanks Meter: 1,465

Donate to Me
More
That is badass!

Had me wanting too use Sense again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
circuit board, desire theme, hdpi theme, pcb, sense theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)