The usual USE AT YOUR OWN RISK disclaimer. I'd also highly recommend clockworkmod recovery .08 as a pre-req. We are only testing for cwm users.
I would also recommend a full data wipe between updates, at least for now.
Build URL: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/
1.0.0 Beta3 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tt3n3njojetnscx
Alternate link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3KJ799TZ
This is an update.zip formatted file. You'd run this like you'd run any other update.zip file.
This is going to be a collaborative effort between myself, Rothnic, Gojimi and whoever else wants to pitch in. A ROM based off the Advent Vega firmware.
Benefits to us
- Soft buttons, like TnT. But no TnT UI layer getting in our way. So, for example, keyboard replacements should work.
- Just as fast as the new builds we have.
- Vega build seems to have a bootup script where we can install user-based apks, after a data wipe. So, for example, Flash could be added to a build.
- Vega firmware development is probably more active than the official TnT development, at least from the little I've seen so far.
- sdcard2 will not remount if you eject and re-insert (should be fixed in beta 3).
- The initial Google setup on a fresh install will not get past the first screen (I believe it's because the phone apks were removed). The fix for this is to use the "four corner fix", to bypass. See this video for details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5XjF6sPef4. This should be fixed in beta 3.
- Weird orange bar is showing up in the stock Calendar app.
- The newest Market apk seems to have issues with any device that's been re-partitioned outside of the default of 2048. The "fix" is to re-partition your SD back to the default of 2048, in clockworkmod. Thanks to proengin for informing me about this.
- (a2) We are using alpha1 as our "base" image, and then a modular format on top of that. So, alpha2 is a full update.zip package.
- (a2) VOLD should be fixed using a hack. 30 seconds after bootup, SDCARD2 should start working. Or, it may not work. It's an alpha.
- (a2) Vega user apk script has been added, which is supposed to add Flash on a newly wiped system. But it's spotty at best.
- (a2) Camera should be fixed.
- (a2) We're deleting some of the unneeded system apps like Twitter, Facebook, the Htc stuff in gapps and talkback. You can always add these back via the Market. The reason is to keep the image a little cleaner.
- (a2) Audio fix added.
- (a3) Added changes to the framework for smaller status bar and VEGAn boot screen.
- (a3) Added Gingerbread keyboard.
- (b1) SSL bug fixed. Also, added the latest YouTube and Gmail apps. Removed the user apk script for now, as it's really buggy.
- (b2) VOLD post-boot replaced with a mount commend. Should be more stable and might fix the disappearing apps, I hope. New Gmail, adhoc wireless support added, adfree hosts file removed (get "adfree android" app in the market to get it back), removed the Phone apks which should improve battery life.
- (b3) Mounting issues should be completely corrected, audio issues are corrected, new rothnic theme added, new Gmail and Voice apps, new Settings app with advanced Wifi (and policy is set to "never sleep" by default).
1.0.0 Beta 3:
1.0.0 Beta2 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?c9a1c11zz1wgza9
Alternate link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MKKNTZP1
1.0.0 Beta1 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5hr09gj53ut1208
Alternate link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y9NR34AD
1.0.0 Alpha3 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tzhc7vtstdl128x
Alternate link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9SPCOMPY
1.0.0 Alpha2 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bdurosaclrp4r3i
Alternate link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H264QQRH
1.0.0 Alpha1 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=57