So I don't know if this is linked or not, but I had been running Beta 3 of VEGAn for a number of days last week (since Monday 12/13) with no slowdown problems at all. This means when I'd wake up my tablet everything seemed to be running normally.
I had been following the discussion on the WiFi Keep Alive work around, but had not tried it. Then on Thursday night (12/16) I decided to give it a shot and installed the WiFi Keep alive app, selected options 3 and 4 (as described here), and went on my merry way.
It's at this point that I think I started to see the slow down after the device sleeps problem. So this morning, I removed the WiFi Keep Alive app, and restarted my device. I generally get about a 2225 Quadrant Score, so I ran that and tested, and got around the same number. All seems normal so far.
I left the GTab unplugged and went off to do some additional stuff for the day. I just got back and fired up my GTab. Ran Quadrant and I'm getting in the 2225 range now. This is after about 3-4 hours away from the device.
I don't know if this helps anyone but seems suspicious so I thought I'd report it. I'll keep an eye on things and let you know.
Again, thanks for all the work everyone is doing. I'm just trying to help out.