FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV] Call recording on I9000 - JNI (DEVELOPERS ONLY)

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By dmueller2, Member on 6th December 2010, 05:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

on the i9000 i found out that there is a function in libaudio.so for call recording.

I'm not an expert which jni. So what would i need to use the class from within a dalvik / java program.

My idea is to test the class for call recording on the i9000.

Any help appreciated.

(I managed to compile a working kernel, but i didn't manage to compile a running arm binary neither with the CodeSourcery nor the gnu toolchain in the android sdk)

------------

Update:

Thanks to titooo7 et.al. call recording is now working using the libs and phone*.apks from the i9088.

http://db.tt/q0sfueP
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to dmueller2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmueller2 Ad-Free
20th December 2010, 08:34 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
thanks for nothing.

i fixed the dynamic linker problem with gcc/ld parameter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmueller2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmueller2 Ad-Free
20th December 2010, 09:58 AM |#3  
Flag Israel
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So, any good news for us mortals? Are you planning to do an app with a proper call recording?
21st December 2010, 12:00 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
i was partly successful. For now, call recording works only with the headset attached.

but there won't be an app for call recording. It will be more like a patch.

I would really need feedback from people telling that recording works with their firmware versions to go in depth.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dmueller2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmueller2 Ad-Free
21st December 2010, 12:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
That's awesome! Great progress! I wish I could help but I don't have the slightest clue about Android development. Would love to have a working call recorder though! I'd gladly send a beer or two your way too.

P.S. - I'd love to help you out with testing if you need.
21st December 2010, 12:42 PM |#6  
Call recording would be great! I remember a while ago spending weeks looking for a call recording app, but nothing! Even my ancient Sony Ericsson had call recording...

I'll be watching this thread
21st December 2010, 12:51 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
There is an application, called Total Recall that should let you record your phone conversations.
21st December 2010, 05:07 PM |#8  
Flag Israel
Thanks Meter: 3

More
My experience with similar app is that I am recorded fine but the other side is barely heard. I think OP is working on a direct recording from line in.
I'll be happy to beta test anything too.
22nd December 2010, 11:17 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Please don't get me wrong. I will for sure release a version for testing.

But at first i would need the firmware versions of people who claim that call recording (with 3rd party apps) works on their phones.
22nd December 2010, 12:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmueller2

But at first i would need the firmware versions of people who claim that call recording (with 3rd party apps) works on their phones.

Among all apps I have tried, only one of them recorded successfuly both sides of the conversation. I don't remember the app and I don't remember which firmware I had (sorry). The only thing I remember is that it was a 14 or 15 dial trial and the app "draw" a (movable) circular button on top of the phone app. In order to recall the current conversation this button had to be pushed.

I am currently using Doc's JPY firmware. If I can help with some tests, I will be glad.
22nd December 2010, 12:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmueller2

None of the countless apps I've tried has worked for me. What they all do is, record whatever is input through the mic, just like any other sound recorder app. For this reason, only your side of the conversation is recorded. Or both sides if you use speakerphone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)