[MultiDPI]GalaxySpack-CWM.zip contains Dialer, Music Player, FMRadio, Calculator
all modded to support multiple DPI
You can just flash this via CWM or extract individual APKs and replace them in /system/apk/
How to do it yourself? (example on DialerTabActivity.apk)
* its quite easy, if you want do fix any app you need to know how to edit .xml files, have some basic knowledge about android layout files. If you just want to repack Dialer its easier, because I supply the layout file you just need to recompile the file with apkmanager replacing one of layout files
- download layout_resize.zip file attached (you are welcome to improve the app);
- download APK Manager;
*optional step, not sure if its needed: get framework files from your device and goto apk_manager_4.9\other and install framework files:
java -jar apktool.jar if "[dir]\apk_manager_4.9\twframework-res.apk"
java -jar apktool.jar if "[dir]\apk_manager_4.9\framework-res.apk"
- start script.bat and select decompile apk (if it doesnt work you probably need to do optional step and then try with dependencies, skipping part where it asks for apks)
* now there comes my small commandline java utility - it resizes (replaces hardcoded dip values with 1,5 times bigger rounded px values) layouts in files passed by commandline.
-copy .xml files you want to modify to its dir;
-invoke by (or just use convert_all.bat, now working, thanks Einride!) (windows!):
for /f %a IN ('dir /b *.xml') DO call java LayoutResizer %a
- modified files are in converted directory, you need to copy them over files in apk_manager_4.9\res\
- hit compile apk
- select yes for system apk and yes for min # of errors
- delete \apk_manager_4.9\keep\resources.arsc and \apk_manager_4.9\keep\res\layout\dialer_app.xml (and any other xml file corresponding to one you have modified
- hit any key
- the apk you need to copy back to your phone is \apk_manager_4.9\place-apk-here-for-modding\unsignedDialerTabActivity.apk
If any rommakers would like to include these apks feel free to do so
Also you are welcome to fix remaining apps including:
APKTOOL + SIGNAPK authors