FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GPL] GNM OC BETA [p500 & p509] Kernel

619 posts
Thanks Meter: 828

By drellisdee, Inactive Recognized Developer on 9th December 2010, 01:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Notice : I don't have this phone and did this as a favor to you guys. Please consider a donation if you are able.

Features added:
Interactive Governer
Ext4 file system
Tun.ko
Overclocking up to 864mhz.
Packaged in koush's anykernel for compatibility with any rom.

AS ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP 1st!

Flash with custom recovery. This is a beta run also. Speeds above 800mhz may be unstable for many people so find the speed that works best for you as all processors are unique due to construction imperfections.

Overclocking Notes:
Not all phones can OC and can handle the same speeds. Your phone is unique. Some can go up to 864mhz stable some can only do 729mhz and some can't at all.

Overclocking must be done with setcpu. After each boot/reboot the max is set to 600mhz to keep you from getting in a boot loop with an unstable speed for your device. To change it after reboot you must move the slider in setcpu to get the overclock freq to set above 600mhz. Do not use the set on boot feature of setcpu.

signed_thunderg_oc_beta_gnm.zip

My Kernel Source

Rom makers please don't use this in rom but direct users here.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to drellisdee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drellisdee Ad-Free

9th December 2010, 02:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
great job! will try it later ... thanks!
9th December 2010, 03:37 PM |#3  
Flag Philly,Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Talking
drellisdee u da man heh.. succesfully flashed the kernal now..my phone is so very responsive..clocked at apx 600 mhz min and a superb 768 mhz. on different profiles of course...damn wheres the donate button?

cheersssss.
9th December 2010, 03:51 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
do 3d game now run faste and better with an overclocked cpu ??
9th December 2010, 04:02 PM |#5  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 828

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD215

drellisdee u da man heh.. succesfully flashed the kernal now..my phone is so very responsive..clocked at apx 600 mhz min and a superb 768 mhz. on different profiles of course...damn wheres the donate button?

cheersssss.

Donate link is in my signature. Thanks as I maybe got 3 donations out of the whole optimus lineup of recoveries and thousands of downloads.
The Following User Says Thank You to drellisdee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drellisdee Ad-Free
9th December 2010, 04:08 PM |#6  
Flag Philly,Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 15

More
[B] damns ...guys this man is doing very involved work..surely I know an you know this is anything but easy and time consuming ..added that he doesn't have the phone to test on..that's enough to support. if we want cool stuff in the future throw a bone
it goes along way I know time is tiff but..

thanks again.
9th December 2010, 04:21 PM |#7  
Flag Bari
Thanks Meter: 22

More
help
hi man...first of all thank you for your job...can you post a link or a small how to about the kernel flash?
9th December 2010, 04:28 PM |#8  

More
incredible ... I'm noticing a very high increase in performance. I set the cpu to 768 mhz and is stable ... but how can I tell what is the limit? will donate on paypal for your great work! (google translate)
9th December 2010, 04:33 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapjonny

do 3d game now run faste and better with an overclocked cpu ??

games are much faster!!!!!!!!!!!
9th December 2010, 05:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9th December 2010, 05:22 PM |#11  

More
I have flashed AmberHome on my p500,can i flash this file simply entering in recovery mode and flashing it?lose i any file?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)