FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Bell 2.2 upgrade and internal SD failure

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sherazshahid1, Junior Member on 9th December 2010, 08:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has this happen to anyone ? I think there will be a lot more cases of this as the Internal SD is written to.

9th December 2010, 08:34 PM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 662

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherazshahid1

Has this happen to anyone ? I think there will be a lot more cases of this as the Internal SD is written to.

Why would the internal sd be written to ?

And no, i upgraded last evening and nothing has happened (knock on wood)
9th December 2010, 09:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Yea this just happened to me...argh
9th December 2010, 09:50 PM |#4  
GTA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniflight

Yea this just happened to me...argh

No way.

Please tell me you're lying....I avoided all 2.2 roms because if my phone dies, I'll die.

or else, PLEASE tell me you had some lagfixes or other stuff installed!

I'm running completely stock on Rogers, and just upgraded via Kies, no registry hack, about 30 minutes ago. LOVING Froyo!!
9th December 2010, 10:04 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy7

No way.

Please tell me you're lying....I avoided all 2.2 roms because if my phone dies, I'll die.

or else, PLEASE tell me you had some lagfixes or other stuff installed!

I'm running completely stock on Rogers, and just upgraded via Kies, no registry hack, about 30 minutes ago. LOVING Froyo!!

Well man its only the Bell version have most problem. Rogers should be fine. i9000m is famous for internal sd explosions...

o wellz, good thing nexus s is right on the corner, tho i hate it but guess hv to change a new phone if bell won't take my phone for repair

and yea, i hv everything stock too
9th December 2010, 10:07 PM |#6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,661

Donate to Me
More
I'll probably get a Nexus S as well if they bring a 850 3G model

too bad it lacks the microSD
9th December 2010, 10:09 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
happened to my bell vibrant lol

here's my thread about it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=866838
9th December 2010, 10:32 PM |#8  
GTA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniflight

Well man its only the Bell version have most problem. Rogers should be fine. i9000m is famous for internal sd explosions...

o wellz, good thing nexus s is right on the corner, tho i hate it but guess hv to change a new phone if bell won't take my phone for repair

and yea, i hv everything stock too

omg nooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunked

happened to my bell vibrant lol

here's my thread about it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=866838

just read it, and OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!

I'm not using the Captivate, I'm using the Bell Vibrant, unlocked on Rogers. So I can't go to Bell to get it fixed (can I?!) if it happens! And, I'm not like, super rich, so I can't just drop $$$ on the Nexus S as much as I want to (besides, no microSD!! wtf?!?!)

I've been following all the threads about people's I9000M's dying after installing 2.2 roms, so I've avoided all of them as well as all lagfixes, etc. I just ASSUMED that a 2.2 update from Bell would be absolutely safe, since ROMS are hacked together by people who don't get paid to work with the code, while the people that get paid to work with the code (i.e. Bell employees) should be able to just put this together absolutely correctly.

This damn troublesome internal SD card!! ****!!! Should I just sell my phone now and get something else...or what...?...

And is it possible to roll back to 2.1 via Kies?
9th December 2010, 10:40 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy7

omg nooo!

just read it, and OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!

I'm not using the Captivate, I'm using the Bell Vibrant, unlocked on Rogers. So I can't go to Bell to get it fixed (can I?!) if it happens! And, I'm not like, super rich, so I can't just drop $$$ on the Nexus S as much as I want to (besides, no microSD!! wtf?!?!)

I've been following all the threads about people's I9000M's dying after installing 2.2 roms, so I've avoided all of them as well as all lagfixes, etc. I just ASSUMED that a 2.2 update from Bell would be absolutely safe, since ROMS are hacked together by people who don't get paid to work with the code, while the people that get paid to work with the code (i.e. Bell employees) should be able to just put this together absolutely correctly.

This damn troublesome internal SD card!! ****!!! Should I just sell my phone now and get something else...or what...?...

And is it possible to roll back to 2.1 via Kies?

Well once the internal sd card exploded, you can't even open the phone so they probably can't find out if your phone is unlocked. You just need to like ask a friend or a family member that uses Bell to go with you and take the phone over to a Bell store and see if they will repair it. Dont tell them you unlocked it lol. Just let say that your friend or a family member that upgraded the phone and the internal sd exploded etc
9th December 2010, 10:54 PM |#10  
Flag Vancouver

More
I don't think it really matters how you flash it, or even if you don't flash it at all. I've seen people with bad sd cards on stock 2.1, flash with odin, flash with cwm, flash with kies. Mine went bad just last week. It was running docs rom flashed on jh2 with recovery. Fortunately, the Bell store I took it to took it in for repairs even though I'm on Rogers.
There's clearly a hardware problem. Maybe it's the MoviNand. If that were the case, maybe that's why the Nexus S is using an iNAND instead of the MoviNand.
BTW, this is the 2nd i9000M I had this problem with.
9th December 2010, 10:58 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Yea good thing mine died last week, got ahead of everyone else updating through Kies , hopfully I wont have to wait to long to get my phone back. I feel naked without it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bell

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)