FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ATTENTION] Calling all Dev's, Lets begin NANDROID for Blackstone!

1,584 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,422

By Stickman89, Inactive Recognized Developer on 16th December 2010, 05:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Guys & Gals,

We really should start focussing on android on NAND for us blackstone users.

I will be glad to help and I will be updating this post and the below on my progress.

The Rhodium have now fixed their panel issues they were experiencing on nand thanks to ACL.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=870081

(BLACKSTONE USERS DO NOT FLASH ANY FILES FROM THE ABOVE LINK - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

As I have said beforehand we will need to trace the NAND memory access points via haret to input the correct values into the tinboot source before compiling, once that has been done we can create a nbh with a kernel and all other relevant files to initialise tinboot. I will have a crack at that so that we at least get tinboot loaded but I may need some help from willing developers if any.

Once we have tinboot sucessfully initialised we will then move onto the more daunting task's of booting the userland and initialising hardware as at the moment winmo is doing that for us.

Welcoming any developers wishing to help.

Best Regards,

ST1Cl<^^aN
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stickman89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stickman89 Ad-Free

16th December 2010, 05:21 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Milton Keynes

Donate to Me
More
Reserved...
16th December 2010, 05:21 AM |#3  
Flag Milton Keynes

Donate to Me
More
Reserved....
18th December 2010, 05:15 PM |#4  
Flag mansoura
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman89

Guys & Gals,

We really should start focussing on android on NAND for us blackstone users.

I will be glad to help and I will be updating this post and the below on my progress.

The Rhodium have now fixed their panel issues they were experiencing on nand thanks to ACL.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=870081

(BLACKSTONE USERS DO NOT FLASH ANY FILES FROM THE ABOVE LINK - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

As I have said beforehand we will need to trace the NAND memory access points via haret to input the correct values into the tinboot source before compiling, once that has been done we can create a nbh with a kernel and all other relevant files to initialise tinboot. I will have a crack at that so that we at least get tinboot loaded but I may need some help from willing developers if any.

Once we have tinboot sucessfully initialised we will then move onto the more daunting task's of booting the userland and initialising hardware as at the moment winmo is doing that for us.

Welcoming any developers wishing to help.

Best Regards,

ST1Cl<^^aN

good idea man
but sorry i didn't have any knowledge a bout that
all what i can say is goooo ahead man
19th December 2010, 02:44 PM |#5  
Flag Chelmsford, Essex
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I think that's a great ideea but first we need the nand map which is hard and tricky to obtain . After that, it will be a piece of cake .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
20th December 2010, 02:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Go go go
Devs, please do this. Sorry to say I dont have any usefullness in the project. Maybe as a tester :P
20th December 2010, 04:17 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Well, for now there's no Blackstone specific development (at least @ #htc-linux) because there are no devs with our phone. Camro and OliWe went AWOL and even people with much less skill are not active at the moment.
Anyway if we'll find just one person interested in doing this - I'm happy to help (testing/building/research/tracing).
The Following User Says Thank You to g3rm0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift g3rm0 Ad-Free
20th December 2010, 06:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
maybe we could ask other devs to help us
like neopeek???..............
20th December 2010, 11:27 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moharu

maybe we could ask other devs to help us
like neopeek???..............

I'm sure they will help us, but we REALLY need someone with Blackstone & coding skills to do NAND boot. Other devs are busy fixing bugs in "common" kernel or their specific devices.
BTW. Neopeek won't help because he builds Android system and we need a Linux kernel guys.
20th December 2010, 11:51 PM |#10  
Flag Milton Keynes

Donate to Me
More
If I can get hold of DZO things can progress further hopefully. I will keep you all updated.
21st December 2010, 12:23 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rm0

I'm sure they will help us, but we REALLY need someone with Blackstone & coding skills to do NAND boot. Other devs are busy fixing bugs in "common" kernel or their specific devices.
BTW. Neopeek won't help because he builds Android system and we need a Linux kernel guys.

Actually Neopeek is searching for NAND devs for our blackstone: http://www.neopeek.com/forum/Android...AND-Developers
The Following User Says Thank You to zagitta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zagitta Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)