[HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500

1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 439

By Zecanilis, Retired Forum Moderator on 16th December 2010, 09:11 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
5th January 2011, 12:37 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks! Successfully updated my firmware but I was so nervous because on my first attempt, I encountered an error during emergency mode but I removed the battery and did it once again and successfully updated my firmware but after the emergency mode it didn't reboot automatically and it stuck on the android logo for too long but it's now working fine. ^_^
10th January 2011, 02:20 PM |#32  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecanilis

1. You need to download the firmware of your device. Please check here the The_ERROR thread wich explains it very well:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865479
  2. Download KDZ updater from here and uncompress it
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...05&postcount=1
  3. Install msxml.msi from the uncompressed directory
  4. Conect your device (do not turn on disk storage) and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (Has administrator).
  5. Select Type : 3GQCT
  6. Select PhoneMode : DIAG
  7. In KDZ file : Choose the ROM file you downloaded in the first step
  8. Press Launch software update and wait (It will be 10 minutes or so). In your phone it will appear "Emergency mode". Wait until it reboots.
And you're done!

Cheers

INFO : I will not be responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk! Has everything envolving flashing, it allways has its risks!

This used to work, now it doesn't. I remember flashing my phone with this not once but twice... now it doesn't work. I got my log, can u check it out?

[R&D Test Tools Log File]

22:18:41 : Launching SW update
22:18:41 : Unpacking KDZ
22:18:46 : KDZ file extraced
22:18:52 : Files were extracted.
22:18:52 : LGMobileDL Load.
22:18:52 : Port = -1
22:18:52 : Connecting to phone
22:18:53 : PHONE WAS NOT FOUND!
22:18:55 : ===FINISHED===
10th January 2011, 08:36 PM |#33  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 280

More
I've seen those very lines when I first tried to use KDZ. Solved it by turning OFF the phone and conecting it to the PC. When I did this, the phone woke up to the charging screen and the XP started installing some drivers I thought I already have. After that I just started the phone and proceeded with KDZ.
Give it a try.
12th January 2011, 10:15 AM |#34  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtian018

Thanks! Successfully updated my firmware but I was so nervous because on my first attempt, I encountered an error during emergency mode but I removed the battery and did it once again and successfully updated my firmware but after the emergency mode it didn't reboot automatically and it stuck on the android logo for too long but it's now working fine. ^_^

how long? mine is also stuck on android logo..

BTW which is the difference between CDMA and 3GQCT??
21st January 2011, 09:32 AM |#35  

More
Just a few questions:

1) Should USB Debugging be enabled when you connect your phone to PC?
2) Should there be a SD card installed before you flash the phone,

By the way, when I try to click "READ PHONE INFORMATION" the the program crashes...

Just for the program to acquire my phone's info made it crash...whatelse if I try to FLASH my phone....FOR Now....There's no way you can make me flash my PHONE
21st January 2011, 02:38 PM |#36  
Flag Ostrava (mostly)
Thanks Meter: 364

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koblags

Just a few questions:

1) Should USB Debugging be enabled when you connect your phone to PC?

yes
Quote:

2) Should there be a SD card installed before you flash the phone,

it is better and recommended remove it

Quote:

By the way, when I try to click "READ PHONE INFORMATION" the the program crashes...

Just for the program to acquire my phone's info made it crash...whatelse if I try to FLASH my phone....FOR Now....There's no way you can make me flash my PHONE

Yes, I had same problem, but flashing works fine. Make sure, that LG modem is switched off (as I write here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=883314)
The Following User Says Thank You to The_ERROR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The_ERROR Ad-Free
21st January 2011, 02:39 PM |#37  
Flag Ostrava (mostly)

More
sorry, it was mistake, please mod delete this. Thanks
21st January 2011, 07:28 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello! Before flashing, I changed android boot animation with Absolute System Root Tools, and then I flashed the phone. When I turned it on, LG logo appeared, and then android splash appeared (the one I put from Absolute System Root Tools), but there's a loop. Android splash continues and continues appearing forever. How can I fix it?
3rd February 2011, 07:29 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile
Hi...i have v10c aka 2.2.1 installed...i tried downgrading to 2.2 using v10b and KDZ but it failed in Emergency mode.

So can someone confirm the whether is it possible to downgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.2 ?any special steps to be followed other than listed ?

Secondly, do i need to unmount the SD card during the process ? or just need to uncheck mass storage mode ?

Also just to confirm USB debugging has to be enabled...

Awaiting Replies
3rd February 2011, 09:11 PM |#40  
Flag Ostrava (mostly)

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiwaji

Hi...i have v10c aka 2.2.1 installed...i tried downgrading to 2.2 using v10b and KDZ but it failed in Emergency mode.

So can someone confirm the whether is it possible to downgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.2 ?any special steps to be followed other than listed ?

Secondly, do i need to unmount the SD card during the process ? or just need to uncheck mass storage mode ?

Also just to confirm USB debugging has to be enabled...

Awaiting Replies

Yes, it should be possible to downgrade. Most better configuration for flashing is Windows XP. But it really depends on many things. Also disable LG modem and all unusable stuff around (USB disc, HUBs and so on) and try it again. You can also try switch into recovery mode manualy.
7th February 2011, 11:17 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Cannot download the original 2.2 ROM! It says
Quote:

Forbidden

Your client is not allowed to access the requested object.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware, flash p500, orignal
Previous Thread Next Thread