FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Help is such a nasty term, but some assistance is required

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By J017373, Member on 17th December 2010, 05:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello devs/deviants/xda members.

I hate for this to be my first post, but avast.

The other night (in a drunken stupor that i... regrettably...dont remember) i managed to brick (probably) my Vibrant.

From going through my history i figured out that i successfully rooted my phone and loaded Macnut R14 ROM. However, it then appears that i loaded the Axure CE rom (for Captivate i think).

It is now stuck in a loop. The Att load screen appears, followed by a Galaxy S, Gt-i900 screen. My phone then says in a creepy Radiohead voice: "restore operation"

I cannot access recovery (through adb or 3-button recovery) and i have been unable to get into download mode.

My finace has forbidden me to buy the replacement phone ($288 dollars if Tmo finds anything wrong with it), so i turn to you, masters of all thing dev, for help.

I expect a certain bit of jabbing and or anger from those more established members. If it makes my case any better, i have been trolling XDA for quite a while and y'all helped me root my G1 (which i love ;) )

Any help would be great.

Final question--is it true you can't brick a Vibrant? Just looking for some more info.

Thanks in advance,

~ J017373
17th December 2010, 05:27 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Thanks guys, found a YouTube video to show me how to get into download. THERE IS HOPE YET!
17th December 2010, 05:41 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
okay, so i have it it Download mode. (Huge shout out to TheVoiceofAndroid), but i cant get Odin to read the phone. Is it possible that i need to download the Captivate drivers?
17th December 2010, 05:47 AM |#4  
Augusta
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Was your phone recognized in odin before this mishap? Just make sure you have the proper drivers installed. If you do indeed need the drivers, just search the forums.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
17th December 2010, 05:48 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
i didnt flash with odin. Pretty sure i used adm. ****ing drunk self.

Downloading samsung drivers now. Do u know, does it cover all their Galaxy S Phones.
17th December 2010, 05:54 AM |#6  
Augusta

More
Search the development forums for the link to the drivers. Then just download the drivers for your respective OS.

After you have the proper drivers, just re-open odin and it should recognize your device. You should have a COM##.

17th December 2010, 06:03 AM |#7  
Augusta

More
Best thing you can do is just go to the vibrant bible or click on the stickies tab. Your drivers are there along with odin and odin tutorials. I wanged my phone once or twice and xda hasn't failed me yet.

17th December 2010, 06:06 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
ok com recognoized. The only problem im having is if i want to goto eugenes 2.2, do i have to goto stock first?
17th December 2010, 06:10 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
dear LORD ITS FIXED. THANK YOU XDA!
17th December 2010, 06:19 AM |#10  
Flag N.C.
Thanks Meter: 1,152

Donate to Me
More
Haha, awesome post.
17th December 2010, 06:21 AM |#11  
Augusta

More
Remember how you just fixed your phone... if you continue to tweak it, it will more than likely happen again ;)

Good to have you back.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, drunk, restore, samsung captivate, samsung vibrant

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)