FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Request for kernel/ROM developers

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 305

By avs333, Senior Member on 18th December 2010, 05:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm the author of rVoix app capable of recording the calls directly from line on msm7k-based devices (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=806451).

The problem which haunted me long was that my Hero just rebooted on each incoming call when I tried to use the "Auto-answer" mode in my app.
Recently, I've located the kernel bug behind that, but before I even tried to fix it, I found that the fix is already present in some kernels (notably, HTC tattoo).
In all newer HTC kernels it re-appeared both in 2.6.29 and all later versions .

So, I'd be very grateful if you include the patch I'm attaching here. The reason is that I'm now trying to implement some advanced auto-answering features which would be a waste of time as far as they'd work on a single Hero device (and on certain others).

Hope I'm not asking for too much.

Also, please have a look at our project http://code.google.com/p/rvoix: it has a branch by seo who managed to integrate the rvoix call recording in his Espresso ROM for Magic. The in-call recording controls (which are very inconvenient in my app) are built in Phone.apk directly, app settings -- in Settings.apk, etc.
Currently, the branch includes magic-specific smali patches, but he promised to write a review on how to integrate call recording features more conveniently.
Attached Files
File Type: txt smd_rpcrouter.patch.txt - [Click for QR Code] (7.2 KB, 448 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avs333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift avs333 Ad-Free

18th December 2010, 07:14 PM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 459

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasmux

FlyKernel-12pre5
- Backport of smd rpcrouter to avs333 request.

Can you please verify this solves your problem.
18th December 2010, 07:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasmux

Can you please verify this solves your problem.

Confirmed. Works like a charm.
CPUSpeed shut down after I booted your kernel, but I restarted it and it now works
19th December 2010, 12:24 AM |#4  
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,619

More
Just out of interest, I remember using an app like this in 1.5 and 2.1, and it recorded the sound from the internal datastream iirc.

I can't remember the name, but this sounds interesting, though I personally don't record as many calls recently as I used to... will give it a shot though
19th December 2010, 04:03 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

Just out of interest, I remember using an app like this in 1.5 and 2.1, and it recorded the sound from the internal datastream iirc.

I can't remember the name, but this sounds interesting, though I personally don't record as many calls recently as I used to... will give it a shot though

Yes, in the beginning was the app called AirVoice, but its author seemed to close his project, and wouldn't respond to any pleas to share the code.
Anyhow, I used his key trick in my app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)