FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Rom] X10 Eminence v1.2 [For xRecovery] |2.0.2.A.0.24| -28/12/10-

7,942 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,799

By SXUsr, Senior Member on 19th December 2010, 05:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Details:

I am no longer continuing this project. Any issues refer to the bottom of this as I've tried to post the most common or read through thread.

Installing:

You need to install xRecovery, then extract the folder named "Eminence v1.2" to /sdcard/xrecovery/backup, then reboot into xRecovery and use the Restore option to install the ROM to your phone.

You can find a more detailed guide by hellsrage619 HERE

Credits:

MrRusch
for his work on the framework mod, H0CKEY for the home screen ICONS, rabetionline for pointing out the obvious, zdzihu for xRecovery and the rooted ROM, Fightspit for the SuperCircle Mod, Kersey for pointing out the JIT issue, mbrad26 for THIS, Jassiered for the Animations & Calum for his Thread.

Change Log:

Not changed a great deal really, modified for the new update, changed the button press, new animations, JIT enabled, removed the recovery menu. I've not made the background so dark so it stands out a bit more and changed the bootscreen, also cleaned up the dialler buttons.

Included

3.D Gallery, BusyBox, FileManager, Gauge Battery Widget [free], HTC ime [Themed], LauncherPro, Linpack, Signal Strength Widget, Superuser, Tajm, Titanium Backup [Free Version], xRecovery, Rooted

Removed *

Chinese Text input, Creatouch, Digital Clock Widget, EManual, Emanual Launcher, Facebook, Face Recognition, Home Launcher, Latin IME, Learning Client, Moxiermail, Music, Officesuite, PC Companion, Playnow/Client/Back/App Installer, Quadrapop, Ringtones, Recent Calls, Status Switch, Semc/Checkin/Setup Wizard/TouchPal Korean Qwerty, Search Widget, Textinput TNG, Timescape/Plugin Manager/Provider/Themes, Track I.D, User Support, uWlop, Wallpaper

Features:

JIT

Framework Animations

SuperCircle Battery Mod

X10 Res Mods Styling

Extras:

Bootscreen, Comfertaa Font, Wallpaper

Screen Shots:

Boot Screen: (quality is better on the phone)

Download Links:

Download Link 1
Download Link 2
Download Link 3

PLEASE READ

You are free to use 99.9% for whatever you wish, HOWEVER, I created the lockscreen, I've used it in my themes, now this, and it's a feature, a signature if you like, of my work, which I don't wish to see used in other themes/ROMS, ESPECIALLY which are for the X10, and I don't think that's an unfair request, PLUS, if you are going to create something for the community, try and put your own stamp on it.

If you get a md5 "mismatch" error, smartgardens has posted a solution HERE. Or some have said renaming the folder, for example, "Eminence v1.2" to Eminence_v1.2" works also.

If you've not already used zdzihu's ROM and flashtool files to update to 2.0.2.A.0.24 then you need to update the Baseband as well. Doesn't matter if you don't, but as we all like to be upto date you might as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzihu

You need xRecovery to flash rooted system (and system only) image.
Then you need X10 flasher to flash all remaining parts (SIN files = kernel, baseband etc)

Cheers,
z

...so just run the flashtool from HERE

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10_lynx

i was modifing app and framework directory in case of searching an solution for my market and gtalk problem. (market no download and gtalk wont start)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10_lynx

i found a solution for my case of gtalk&market issues.

after deleting /data/system/accounts.db there was a clean accounts folder under settings.

after reboot i go to market and login with my account. after this no problem with market and gtalk!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKebapp

Well I'd like to change the comfortaa font to sonysketch.
The common way via TypeFont doesn't seem to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKebapp

There is a free App called "Font Changer Lite".

Worked like charme :)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama69

Ok first post - it doesn't look like anyone's solved this on here yet, so I registered to explain my experience;

Basically I didn't want to go without Timescape as I actually find it useful, so I tried to reinstall it (installing the Timescape* apks from my backup of /system/apps I made before putting the firmware on), however everytime I tried to log in I got the same error as above stating that my login details were incorrect!

After much frustration and searching for the reason, I finally found it - the uWlopProvider.apk had been removed. It's this apk that Timescape/Mediascape use to communicate with facebook/twitter, and without it they keep chucking up the incorrect username/password / authentication error messages (it would have saved me a LOT of time if they had simply said they could not communicate with the servers, but oh well...).

So, the solution to this problem is to get ahold of the uWlopProvider.apk file, either from the link in the first post (re getting removed apps) or restore the firmware and copy it from that, then reflash - then once you have the apk, install it with adb.

For reference - these are the commands I used to install Timescape back on (inc uWlopProvider.apk) - note you need adb installed on your pc and usb debugging turned on; (note the files you are installing from need to be in /sdcard/apps if you are copying/pasting below)

Code:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock2 /system

adb shell dd if=/sdcard/apps/TimescapeLargeUI.apk of=/system/app/TimescapeLargeUI.apk

adb shell dd if=/sdcard/apps/TimescapeLargeUIThemeBlue.apk of=/system/app/TimescapeLargeUIThemeBlue.apk

adb shell dd if=/sdcard/apps/TimescapeLargeUIThemeGreen.apk of=/system/app/TimescapeLargeUIThemeGreen.apk

adb shell dd if=/sdcard/apps/TimescapeLargeUIThemeIndigo.apk of=/system/app/TimescapeLargeUIThemeIndigo.apk

adb shell dd if=/sdcard/apps/TimescapeLargeUIThemeOrange.apk of=/system/app/TimescapeLargeUIThemeOrange.apk

adb shell dd if=/sdcard/apps/TimescapeLargeUIThemeSakura.apk of=/system/app/TimescapeLargeUIThemeSakura.apk

adb shell dd if=/sdcard/apps/TimescapePluginManager.apk of=/system/app/TimescapePluginManager.apk

adb shell dd if=/sdcard/apps/TimescapeProvider.apk of=/system/app/TimescapeProvider.apk

adb shell dd if=/sdcard/apps/uWlopProvider.apk of=/system/app/uWlopProvider.apk

adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Timescape*
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/uWlopProvider.apk

adb shell reboot

And that's it - once the phone reboots Timescape should work. If you only want Mediascape to sync with fb/twitter and don't want Timescape back, then just do the dd and chmod on the uWlopProvider file above, not the Timescape ones (obviously!).

Hope that helps!

----------

Market Issues Have Nothing To Do With Themes

* You can find most of the apps that have been removed HERE, and if it's not listed in the first post chances are you will find it somewhere in the thread.

Some extras for your X10:

Fonts
Bootscreens
60 SMS Tones
178 Game HD wallpapers
Hubble Telescope wallpapers
FHM Top 10 2010 wallpapers
2.1 System Apps/Framework Files
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to SXUsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SXUsr Ad-Free

19th December 2010, 05:34 PM |#2  
Flag Pahang
Thanks Meter: 23

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...30#post9877530

already list your modded rom to above..
post 2...
if u want me to unlist, pm me..

purpose:supporting custom rom development...
The Following User Says Thank You to fyzm345 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fyzm345 Ad-Free
19th December 2010, 05:46 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Woah! Very nice!!

Just one question: What's the keyboard in this screenshot?

Can you share it please?

Thanks. I really appreciate your work.
19th December 2010, 05:57 PM |#4  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 0

More
That is so sexy I think I'm gonna have a crisis
19th December 2010, 06:05 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyzm345

already list your modded rom to above..
post 2...

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhang

Woah! Very nice!!

Thanks
Quote:

Just one question: What's the keyboard in this screenshot?

It's a themed HTC IME
Quote:

Can you share it please?

Sure, see attachment.
Quote:

Thanks. I really appreciate your work.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavilaaar

That is so sexy I think I'm gonna have a crisis

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to SXUsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SXUsr Ad-Free
19th December 2010, 06:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Thumbs up
Wow, what can I say...what a great looking rom making my X10 even sexier.

Great work mate
19th December 2010, 06:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 806

More
The HTC IME is awesome thanks for sharing.

sent from my commodore 64
19th December 2010, 07:08 PM |#8  
Flag São Paulo, SP
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Congratulations XperiaX10iUser, I've always loved your themes and this is a beautifully themed ROM, I'll start to recommend this rom for the guys that ask for stock based ROM's in my own theme thread...
19th December 2010, 07:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Just for you guys to know even though it's stated as JIT enabled I ran Linpack and was only getting around 6.45 MFLOPS.

Having enabled JIT via Terminal Emulator am now getting 17.638 MFLOPS
19th December 2010, 08:00 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kersey

Great work mate

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy009

The HTC IME is awesome thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmourar

Congratulations XperiaX10iUser, I've always loved your themes and this is a beautifully themed ROM, I'll start to recommend this rom for the guys that ask for stock based ROM's in my own theme thread...

Thanks, and thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kersey

Just for you guys to know even though it's stated as JIT enabled I ran Linpack and was only getting around 6.45 MFLOPS.

Having enabled JIT via Terminal Emulator am now getting 17.638 MFLOPS

See p.m.
The Following User Says Thank You to SXUsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SXUsr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)