FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Toshiba Folio 100 - Kernel / Tweaks - improvements

5,451 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,595

Post Reply Email Thread
the FolioMod thread is start to get rather big, and maybe its time for another one with Kernel and Tweaks for our Folio..

I suggest we write tweaks / Kernels and maybe apps here too?

Wiki pages available here and here
Other non-FolioMod , but folio100 threads General questions thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dexter_nlb Ad-Free

20th December 2010, 01:34 AM |#2  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I requested an admin to include a Folio sub-forum, let's see if they can help us.

I'm starting with a keyboard recomendation for every Tablet with 7-10 inches:

htt p://dl.dropbox.com/u/13094844/com.beansoft.keyboardplus-1.apk
20th December 2010, 12:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
hi,

i am on foliomod 1.2.

Correct the version Folio Widget 0.3.1.
how I run both the CPU and the best optimal parameters Please.
20th December 2010, 12:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am also on FolioMod 1.2.
Is there a possibility to include usbnet.ko-driver? I'd like to use a USB-Ethernet interface, but the kernel driver is missing on the Folio.

Where can I get the Kernel sources and the correct kernel configuration file to compile the module?
20th December 2010, 12:35 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wineraser

Is there a possibility to include usbnet.ko-driver? I'd like to use a USB-Ethernet interface, but the kernel driver is missing on the Folio.

Where can I get the Kernel sources and the correct kernel configuration file to compile the module?

look in the WIKI as mentioned in FolioMod post #1 (now also added to this thread in post #1)
23rd December 2010, 09:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello from Italy!

I'm using original Toshiba rom, updated (for now

I'm trying to use the FolioWidget 0.3.1 but I cannot install it; if I rename it to .apk , my Folio100 says is not correct

If I leave as .zip, It starts ES File explorer...

How can I install it? thank you.

ps: SOLVED, probably the first time the zip was corrupted
24th December 2010, 12:15 AM |#7  
Flag Giebelstadt
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
Folio Accelerometer Fix - BETA
This is a first BETA version of the rotation/accelerometer fix for the Folio 100, tested on FolioMod 1.2 only.

Checked with these applications:
- Wave Blazer Lite
- Raging Thunder 2 Lite
- Abduction! 2

Known Issues:
- Compass is not working, i.E any Compass app or for example Google Sky Map does not point you in the correct direction.

Note, this is NOT an update zip, at the moment I have no SDCard to verify that the update works, therefore you must push the files manually onto the device. Or wait until someone provides an update zip for these files.

Installation instructions.
- unzip the attached zip file into any directory you like
- enter the bin directory, where you should find 2 files (framework.jar, libsurfacflingeR_client.so)
- verify that your device is connected by running adb devices from a command line
- Remount the system partion read/write by entering: adb remount
- push the framework.jar to the device: adb push framework.jar /system/framework/
- push the sufraceflinger library to the device: adb push libsurfaceflinger_client.so /system/lib/
- reboot the device

Make sure you make a backup from the original files, I wont be able to fix any issues until next week, as I am away from my PC, still as my Folio is with me I'll check the boards to see if any issues have come up.

For developers/dexter:
the zip also includes the files I've modified for the fix, these are based on the NVIDIA tree. I hope that all modified locations shoukld be marked with // XXX:
Attached Files
File Type: zip FolioOrientationFix-BETA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.73 MB, 170 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weeds2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weeds2000 Ad-Free
24th December 2010, 01:31 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
- enter the bin directory, where you should find 2 files (framework.jar, libsurfacflingeR_client.so)
- verify that your device is connected by running adb devices from a command line
- push the framework.jar to the device: adb push framework.jar /system/framework/
- push the sufraceflinger library to the device: adb push libsurfaceflinger_client.so /system/lib/
- reboot the device

Any easier way to do this ???
this is done on the Toshiba Folio itself or from a computer?
How do i "verify that your device is connected by running adb devices from a command line" ?
Is there any software required to do this ?
Sorry for asking so many questions, really a noob here and really tempted to get my folio fixed. I am running on dexter's foliomod 1.2, so far it works great, but the accelerometer doesnt seem to work correctly. I've tried some games like ibeer, the orientation is totally out. Hope that this can be fixed.

Eugene
24th December 2010, 08:47 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeds2000

Note, this is NOT an update zip, at the moment I have no SDCard to verify that the update works, therefore you must push the files manually onto the device. Or wait until someone provides an update zip for these files.

- reboot the device

Here is the update.zip edition and rollback edition.
remember to rename files to update.zip and install via recovery.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ecompass.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.87 MB, 178 views)
File Type: zip ecompass_rollback.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.79 MB, 94 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dexter_nlb Ad-Free
24th December 2010, 10:23 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

it works great with asphalt 5!!!

still some issue, but not related, with white texture in games like assassins creed...
24th December 2010, 11:16 AM |#11  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

I tought compass needs GPS? (and we don't have a GPS chip?)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)