FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Maps 5.0 with 3D maps and offline caching supported (apk file)

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Blackoops, Junior Member on 19th December 2010, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Google recently announced Google Maps 5.0 with some very impressive headline features. This includes 3D vector graphics as well as offline caching and rerouting. The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is only partially supported as it includes panning, zooming, and tilting gestures only. What we are missing is the rotating gesture, which requires Android 2.2 (Froyo).

You’ll notice in the official video, that a dual-touch gesture is used to enter the 3D mode, however X10 owners aren’t left out in the dark despite the lack of multitouch. The map modes can be toggled between 2D/3D by pressing the Compass logo in the top right of the screen. The 3D maps really does make an eye-catching difference when using maps, however it is only limited to around 100 cities right now globally. The offline caching is also a very practical addition and is enabled automatically, storing the most used routes. Click through for an idea of what Maps 5.0 brings to the table. You can download it from the Android Market now.

Software Review by Google

Source
Attached Files
File Type: apk Google Maps v5.0.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.59 MB, 5531 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackoops For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blackoops Ad-Free

20th December 2010, 11:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thank you for sharing this app. i've download maps 5.0, but i don't know how to install this app to my x10? thanks for your kindly information.
20th December 2010, 12:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Using XDA App allows you to download and install directly from within the app. Just tried it and worked like a charm.

Sent from my X10a using XDA App
20th December 2010, 12:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
it's really work great on X10i i like it so much ..thank u dude

but we have wait to get multi-touch
20th December 2010, 10:04 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgostling

Using XDA App allows you to download and install directly from within the app. Just tried it and worked like a charm.

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

Hola sabes ya que vi la bandera me anime a preguntar, a alguien le pasas que cuesta que cague el celu. lo compre en USA y los flashie. tendra que ver???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)