After stock conversion:
New MIUI music player:
If you just installed 2.1, let it boot once (initial boot) and then reboot in recovery and install the update, or your phone will end up in a vibration loop
This can be installed over 2.2.
Kernel Speedmod K13B
Dialer now has message button instead of voice mail (more useful)
Moded MMS apk included. Supports picture sending with res up to 1280x800, MMS size max 600KB and SMS to MMS conversion is done at 5 SMSs (default value is 4)
Updated system apps; Updated /data apps
Changed Browser icon - hope you like Chrome
Reverted gps drivers to JPY - please report on performance.
Changed AOSP lockscreen font to Sans (check pictures)
Added latest version of MIUI player
Updated the Continuum_content folder
- stock_look_Continuum_5locks_circlebat.zip - removes visual and several sound customizations but it preserves the circle battery and the 5 lockscreens mod
Click here for the full change log and feature list
Few important notes:
For update packs from older versions, check the second post
MODEM RECOMMENDATION: Please flash JPY modem, enable WCDMA 850 (by typing *#2263# - COMBI BANDS - WCDMA 850 (FDD V) [*]. If the star is not there, tap on that line)and see how is battery life. For me is great. If you have battery drain, you might want to do this. If your connection drops, go to settings - wifi settings - mobile networks and set the type of network to the one has most coverage on your area, GSM or WCDMA
You will have in Continuum_content folder, on your sdcard, the following patches:
i897_prop.zip - this will change your phone's name from GT-i9000 to i897. However you will lose access to Samsung Apps. The patch deletes the apk from the system as well and it installs a working version of Swype + QuickOffice (as ThinkOffice will not work anymore with the i897 build.prop)
TwLauncher4iconsDock.zip - well, no explanation needed for this
stock_look_Continuum_4locks_circlebat.zip - removes visual and several sound customizations but it preserves the circle battery and the 4 lockscreens mod
stock_look_Continuum.zip - this will revert your phone's look to Samsung default framework (no extended power menu, no lockscreens chooser)
delete_bloat.zip - this will delete applications considered as "bloat". Below is the update-script content; you can see which apps are being removed:
Code:delete DATA:app/adaptive.cogid-1.apk delete DATA:app/com.chartcross.gpstest-1.apk delete DATA:app/com.biggu.shopsavvy-1.apk delete DATA:app/com.escapistgames.starchartlite-1.apk delete DATA:app/com.handmark.mpp.news.reuters-1.apk delete DATA:app/com.taptu.wapedia.android-1.apk delete DATA:app/gr.androiddev.ScreenOn-1.apk delete SYSTEM:app/aldiko-standard-184.108.40.206-samsung-s1.apk delete SYSTEM:app/BuddiesNow.apk delete SYSTEM:app/CarHomeGoogle.apk delete SYSTEM:app/CarHomeLauncher.apk delete SYSTEM:app/ChocoEUKor.apk delete SYSTEM:app/CoolEUKor.apk delete SYSTEM:app/DeskHome.apk delete SYSTEM:app/LiveWallpapers.apk delete SYSTEM:app/PhoneSetupWizard.apk delete SYSTEM:app/RoseEUKor.apk delete SYSTEM:app/Days.apk delete SYSTEM:app/DualClock.apk delete SYSTEM:app/Layar-samsung.apk delete SYSTEM:app/MiniDiary.apk delete SYSTEM:app/MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk delete SYSTEM:app/PressReader.apk delete SYSTEM:app/Protips.apk delete SYSTEM:app/SamsungWidget_CalendarClock.apk delete SYSTEM:app/SamsungWidget_FeedAndUpdate.apk delete SYSTEM:app/SamsungWidget_StockClock.apk delete SYSTEM:app/TATLiveWallpapersAurora.apk delete SYSTEM:app/TATLiveWallpapersBeach.apk delete SYSTEM:app/TATLiveWallpapersBlueSea.apk delete SYSTEM:app/WriteandGo.apk delete SYSTEM:app/UnifiedInbox.apk delete SYSTEM:app/VisualizationWallpapers.apk
Contact me on IRC if you have problems or you wanna say hi
Disclaimer: If this shall brick your device, make you break up with your girlfriend, make the cat fly, the TV explode and wipe the mankind from the surface of the Earth, I am not responsible!
The ROM was tested on my Captivate. I installed several times to make sure it behaves.
To exclude one cause of battery drain issues always flash this ROM with FULL BATTERY!
This will wipe your /system, /data, /dbdata, /cache.
Internal/External SDcard will remain untouched.
STEP 0: BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP! Use nandroid and Titanium Backup
As well please create a backup of your /efs partition as described here
1. Pull out your SIM and external sdcard!
2. Return to stock (those without 3 button combo, use this) <- If you are coming from another i9000 ROM and if you dont have lagfix enabled, this step is not required.
3. Download the ROM
4. Flash from CWM Recovery.
Old ROM links:
Basic ROM comes with K12H speedmod kernel and I9000UGJL2 modem.
This is JPY deodexed and rooted. Nothing else.
Other old downloads
This section is continuously updated
- First, if you install a different kernel, don't blame the ROM if you have issues.
- If you changed system apps (apks) or framework other than what is posted in this thread, don't blame the ROM or the addon pack for making your phone an useless piece of plastic.
- If you changed system binaries (drivers, applications -non apks-), again, don't blame the ROM for temporary killing your device.
- You may put up a post with your problem and with the changes you made to the OS by yourself. I will do my best to get you out of the situation but don't first rate the ROM as worse and then leave. Everything can be fixed so give me a chance!
- I cannot uninstall system apps with TitaniumBackup. Why? Because TiBu does not mount the /system as RW. Will discuss this with Joel. Workaround: go to SGS Toolbox and tap on mount /system as rw (read/write) then uninstall the applications you want from TiBu. Restart the phone and you're done.
- I cannot take MMS video and send MMS with video attached bigger than 300KB what can I do? Take a look here
- Mobile data sometimes not working. Fix: make sure you have an APN for your network by going to Settings - Wireless and network - Mobile networks - Access Point Names
- My bluetooth doesn't work: Yes it does! I'm using it myself.
- OMG, there are no animations!!! Yes there are! you have to activate them in Settings - Display – Animations
- I have high battery drain on this thing. Take a look here
- I would like to try new modems and if possible know some stuff about them. Take a look here
- I cannot send MMS. Make sure you have your phone configured with the correct Access Point Name and the correct outgoing server number.
- Stock email doesn't work/doesn't support exchange. There are several reports that the email app works fine and this ROM was the only one they could run Exchange on so make sure your provider doesn't play with the towers configuration.
- The phone is telling me that I was 50% of the time without signal. Why? This could be related to the modem. I am now testing JK4. If you have this bug download and flash UGJK4 modem . As well, make sure that you have WCDMA 850MHz selected by typing *#2263# - COMBI BANDS - WCDMA 850 (FDD V) [*]. If the star is not there, tap on that line and that should be all.
- Alternative: There were reports that with JPY modem, this bug disappeared after enabling 850 band and there were no reception problems plus greatly improved battery life
- I dont seem to be able to get a GPS lock on this ROM. What can I do? Check this post
- What is Control Plane?? Take a look here
- Calibrate battery: (thanks to TechnicR)
- Turn phone off and charge till full
- Start recovery and wipe battery stats
- Reboot and start the phone
- Use it heavily until it turns of by itself
- Connect charger and turn on the phone and wait until fully charged
GPS: Here is a my tracks recording. Is short but it shows that the GPS works almost without a fault
The ROM feels really smooth on RFS, I am surprised how much improvement Samsung made with their file system in 2.2.1.
Thanks and donations go to R64, ericshieh, bedwa, DocRambone, Fr44g0r, creator2456, s0niqu3, Fabolous, camalot, khiyatesh, glitterballs, neldar, Guardian_Bob, MikeyMike01, designgears and others. If you notice someone not mentioned, dont hesitate to let me know.
Special thanks to MaxRabbit for offering a hosting space for all files!!