FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

BOINC Project for bruteforcing Milestone's RSA Keys (This time for real!)

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By pontomedon, Member on 22nd December 2010, 11:04 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
I'm sure most of you know the previous thread about this topic, but it died pretty fast..

I spent the last few weeks on developing a boinc project to bruteforce the RSA key Motorola uses to sign the boot and recovery partitions on the Motorola Milestone.

The project is located here:

http://poseidon.shacknet.nu:8080/MilestoneRSA/

The front page pretty much describes what this is all about, i won't repeat all of it here, but the basics are:
  • simple, naive bruteforce implementation (yes i know it's pretty much impossible to bruteforce RSA 1024, but why not give it a try and see if we're lucky)
  • windows and linux 32 and 64 bit architectures are supported, currently windows 64 bit is much faster than the other 3, i'm working on it.
  • if anyone has access to a mac, experience in building on it and interest in porting the MilestoneRSA_main app to mac, i would appreciate if you contacted me. The app must be statically linked to either GMP or MPIR.
sooo. what is needed now are lots of participants, every single cpu increases the chance to break the key!

There were so many people in the other thread, willing to participate, i hope all of you stand to your word!

Poseidon Pontomedon
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to pontomedon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pontomedon Ad-Free
22nd December 2010, 11:59 AM |#2  
Flag Nice
Thanks Meter: 5

More
My 3 dual-core PCs will join the fight !
The Following User Says Thank You to AlucardDH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlucardDH Ad-Free
22nd December 2010, 12:18 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I'm in, of course.

Would it be possible to use the power of GPU along with CPU somehow?

Edit: read the site now, it actually lets us use CUDA capable GPUs. Cool. In theory.
The Following User Says Thank You to jackeh070 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackeh070 Ad-Free
22nd December 2010, 12:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Six core pc. Im not sure wether i did well or not... It look like this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yriel40k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yriel40k Ad-Free
22nd December 2010, 12:32 PM |#5  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
Angry
I`m in.Lets beat this little green alien inside our motorolas.
The Following User Says Thank You to zviki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zviki Ad-Free
22nd December 2010, 12:43 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeh070

Would it be possible to use the power of GPU along with CPU somehow?

In theory, yes, Boinc supports cuda applications. In practice: Someone would have to port GMP or MPIR or some other Big Integer library to cuda, because we have to deal with really large (1024bit) integers here. If there's someone experienced with cuda please contact me, but i'm not able to do it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yriel40k

Six core pc. Im not sure wether i did well or not... It look like this

The default GUI is really ugly, click on "Advanced view" to get the full one. (apart from that, yes looks like you're calculating )

Quote:
Originally Posted by zviki

I`m in.Lets beat this little green alien inside our motorolas.

22nd December 2010, 12:57 PM |#7  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I m always down for a good fight. Even if its a losing one haha.
22nd December 2010, 01:01 PM |#8  
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 127

Donate to Me
More
joined.

cant seem to get it to use my gpu though.... sorta weird.
22nd December 2010, 01:09 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefonthefjords

joined.

cant seem to get it to use my gpu though.... sorta weird.

as i said above, no cuda client so far, probably someone will help me implement one..
The Following User Says Thank You to pontomedon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pontomedon Ad-Free
22nd December 2010, 03:29 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
As sysadmin at a certain institution, we're giving quite a few cycles to this (almost lost) cause Thank you, keep it up!
22nd December 2010, 03:38 PM |#11  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=779917
"If you subtract the sig_start_addr and sig_end_addr I suppose you get the length of the signature. I checked them all. They are all 2048-bit . Did not find any 512-bit ones."

How did we get to 1024bit?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boinc, crack, milestone, rsa, signature
Previous Thread Next Thread