[Kernel][AOSP] Tiamat 4.1.0 | 2.6.38.8 | 10/12/2011

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 652

By Cayniarb, Retired Recognized Developer on 23rd December 2010, 07:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
Also available for the Motorola Xoom

Quote:

Tiamat kernels are designed for use on all ROMs that are built from the AOSP source code. This includes ROMs built from MIUI, CyanogenMod, and others.
Tiamat receives no support for use with ROMs based on HTC's Sense - use at your own risk.

Quote:

Tiamat Kernels

You can find full details about Tiamat Kernels at our website. The site is up and running and serves as a more centralized location to get updates, downloads, and changelogs for all Tiamat Kernels. There is no forum or Registration, it’s just a more convenient way to keep things organized as we work to add support for more devices.

Quote:

Support
Join the Tiamat Kernel developers on IRC at irc.freenode.net, #tiamat. Support and questions are generally handled faster there than the forums. You can easily join via webchat here.

Quote:

Special Thanks to:
toastcfh, slayher and the CyanogenMod team for the base kernels and everything else they do for the Android community
bcnice20 for generally being awesome
TeamWin for also generally being awesome
netarchy, chad0989, cuviper, and invisiblek for some great code
intersectRaven and redstar3894 for the Mjolnir compiler
JasonK75 for updating threads

Quote:

Quick Links

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Cayniarb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cayniarb Ad-Free

23rd December 2010, 07:45 PM |#2  
Flag Jonesboro
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
Our site is up.

tiamat-aosp.com

Check it out and give us feedback guys.

Also, join us on irc!

irc.freenode.net
channel - #tiamat

Userbars: -- thanks to -viperboy-

Founder

Staff

Contributor

Tester

User
The Following User Says Thank You to morph3k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift morph3k Ad-Free
23rd December 2010, 07:58 PM |#3  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag NOVA

Donate to Me
More
reserved for later
The Following User Says Thank You to Cayniarb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cayniarb Ad-Free
23rd December 2010, 08:45 PM |#4  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Downloading this now to try out; I assume that you included both Evervolv's and r2doesInc's GB ROMs in your statement of "all current GB ROMs"? That'd be great, because I swear that Invisiblek's kernel, fast and fluid as it is, is causing some majorly excessive overheating in my phone. I'd prefer that my phone break down...well, never, but if it did, closer to my contract upgrade date. lol hoping yours puts out less heat (and I'm only running the main profile at 1.1GHz, so it's not even that much over the stock).
23rd December 2010, 09:31 PM |#5  
Flag Jonesboro

Donate to Me
More
Question: What exactly is HAVS and what is this undervolted to? And I don't know how to test USB tethering, sorry. Also I am running Cyanogen 6.1

I have installed this and ran a quadrant score and linpack test that I will post a screenshot of. I overclocked to 1.15 w/ smartass governor as default:

23rd December 2010, 10:17 PM |#6  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Going to look at this

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
23rd December 2010, 10:24 PM |#7  
Grand Rapids
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayniarb

This is the second iteration of my kernel, but it is the first time I'm posting it on XDA. You can find the post for the first version on the miui-dev forums here.

So far no problems with the kernel.

Does your kernel offer any built in screen off profiles when using the Smartass governor? Some kernels with smartass usually do a min-max screen off profile of 245.

Just checking, in case I have to make a screen off profile in setcpu.
23rd December 2010, 10:47 PM |#8  
Flag Jonesboro

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccoh

Does your kernel offer any built in screen off profiles when using the Smartass governor? Some kernels with smartass usually do a min-max screen off profile of 245.

Second this, i'd like to know about all of this too.
24th December 2010, 12:31 AM |#9  
Flag NOVA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccoh

Screen off on smartass sets to 128/384 min/max.
24th December 2010, 12:36 AM |#10  
Flag NOVA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph3k

Question: What exactly is HAVS and what is this undervolted to? And I don't know how to test USB tethering, sorry. Also I am running Cyanogen 6.1

I have installed this and ran a quadrant score and linpack test that I will post a screenshot of. I overclocked to 1.15 w/ smartass governor as default:

I've seen quadrant scores in the mid 1500's with this kernel. The linpack app always gives kind of low scores since it was updated. With 0xBench, I've seen linpack scores in the 41's.

HAVS is hybrid active voltage scheduling. It allows the CPU to dynamically change the voltage at each frequency (speed) based on need. The ultimate result is better battery life.

This kernel will undervolt as far as 925 mV at lower frequencies. That is a fairly aggressive level and honestly, it may need to be raised a bit. On the other hand, I'm coming from the Evo which is a bit more power hungry (a lot of Evo's can't boot with that low of an undervolt, but my Incredible has not had any issues with it).
The Following User Says Thank You to Cayniarb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cayniarb Ad-Free
24th December 2010, 12:43 AM |#11  
Flag Des Moines
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Thanks for the kernel. Great to see all the new options popping up from a growing pool of devs. Much appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, kernel

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)