FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Generic 2.0.2.A.0.24 firmware (21/12/2010) | rooted | for xRecovery + X10flasher

651 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,174
 
By zdzihu, Retired Recognized Developer on 24th December 2010, 11:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, here's the latest firmware by SE. Since it's not possible to root it with any known method, I prepared update.zip to be flashed with xRecovery
The firmware comes pre-rooted, with busybox and xRecovery pre-installed.


You need rooted 2.1 rom with xRecovery working to install this firmware!

If you already flashed the latest firmware with SEUS, please downgrade OR root it using THIS thread.


1. Download and unpack the file. It contains 2 files: update.zip and 2.0.2.A.0.24_for_X10-flasher.tar.bz2
2. Copy update.zip to SD Card
3. Boot into xRecovery and install update.zip
4. Turn off phone / remove battery
5. Unpack the 2.0.2.A.0.24_for_X10-flasher.tar.bz2 and flash the SIN files with X10-flasher
6. Enjoy!

Make sure you understand the installation process before you try!

Download: 2.0.2.A.0.24-rooted-zdz.tar.bz2

If you don't have loader.sin, please find it here (thanks pedrocel85)

Enable JIT v2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...08&postcount=1


Cheers!
zdzihu
The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to zdzihu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zdzihu Ad-Free
 
 
24th December 2010, 11:46 AM |#2  
wolf0491's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
ahhh amazing
may try if people say its smooth and speedy
otherwise sticking to AOSP
24th December 2010, 11:57 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Maybe get JIT pre-installed?
24th December 2010, 11:59 AM |#4  
vatis24's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Wow, that was fast solution !

Thanks zdzihu !
24th December 2010, 12:11 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
can someone please help me.

Ive download the file attached and got x10flasher too but i dont understand step 5. Where do i get that file?
24th December 2010, 12:12 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Figueira da Foz - Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Hi there.
Is there any images of this firmware?

Is ir all working?



Sent from my X10i using XDA App
24th December 2010, 12:15 PM |#7  
Mr_Element's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 69
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiers33

can someone please help me.

Ive download the file attached and got x10flasher too but i dont understand step 5. Where do i get that file?

Where exactly on the OP did you see anything about the x10flasher!??

It says F O R x R E C O V E R Y...!!
Read the post carefully , follow the steps to the letter , its idiot proof , you CAN'T mess this up!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Element For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr_Element Ad-Free
24th December 2010, 12:18 PM |#8  
superleeds27's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 706
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Element

Where exactly on the OP did you see anything about the x10flasher!??

It says F O R x R E C O V E R Y...!!
Read the post carefully , follow the steps to the letter , its idiot proof , you CAN'T mess this up!

I'm guessing he saw it here;

'5. Unpack of 2.0.2.A.0.24_for_X10-flasher.tar.bz2 and flash it using with X10-flasher'
24th December 2010, 12:25 PM |#9  
jimbo77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 2,769
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey guy first of all I wish a Merry Christmas to all this amazing XDA community....

In topic: I'm assuming that the improvements of this new release are related to the /system folder so could it be possible to flash this new version and after that do a restore of my backup of the /data folder only using xrecovery?? It's just a thought so I don't loose my apps and stuff and I will not have to re do my titanium back up all over again.....

Jim
Sent from my X10i
24th December 2010, 12:32 PM |#10  
zdzihu's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,174
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo77

Hey guy first of all I wish a Merry Christmas to all this amazing XDA community....

In topic: I'm assuming that the improvements of this new release are related to the /system folder so could it be possible to flash this new version and after that do a restore of my backup of the /data folder only using xrecovery?? It's just a thought so I don't loose my apps and stuff and I will not have to re do my titanium back up all over again.....

Jim
Sent from my X10i

There is also a new kernel and baseband (see step 5). To be honest, restoring backup with xRecovery will work, but I'd also recommend backing up with Titanium (to be 100% safe).
24th December 2010, 12:33 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
ok so ive figured it out but the files dont have a loader.sin so i cant continue with the flasher!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes