FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kiosk in mall devoted to Evo??????

310 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By vinscuzzy, Senior Member on 25th December 2010, 06:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sorry if this is old news, but I was in 2 malls this week doing some christmas shopping, and saw kiosks devoted ONLY to the Evo. There were about 6 Evos on display and 2 big evos like the iphones in the apple store. Funny thing was, one of them was setup right in-front of the apple store. Im sure that wasnt on accident! Go sprint!

PS, this was in Los Angeles Anyone else see these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0001small.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	473117  

25th December 2010, 07:05 PM |#2  
Flag Chicago Area
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Is that the new EVO 4G Tablet on the side of the kiosk?
25th December 2010, 07:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy

Sorry if this is old news, but I was in 2 malls this week doing some christmas shopping, and saw kiosks devoted ONLY to the Evo. There were about 6 Evos on display and 2 big evos like the iphones in the apple store. Funny thing was, one of them was setup right in-front of the apple store. Im sure that wasnt on accident! Go sprint!

PS, this was in Los Angeles Anyone else see these?

Saw these a couple months ago at Topanga Mall and Northridge Mall. It's one reason why I don't understand why the 42-inch nexus s is news worthy.
25th December 2010, 07:46 PM |#4  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylasthope

Saw these a couple months ago at Topanga Mall and Northridge Mall. It's one reason why I don't understand why the 42-inch nexus s is news worthy.

...because it just came out and is the headlining Android phone? Which brings me to my main point, does anyone think it's sad that the EVO is still Sprint's flagship phone? During the same time period:

a. Verizon had the Incredible, then the Droid X, Fascinate, Droid 2, and now the Droid Pro.

b. AT&T had the iPhone 4, Captivate, BB Torch, and now a slew of WP7 phones.

c. T-Mo had the MyTouch 3G slide, Vibrant, G2, MyTouch 4G, and now the Nexus S.

..and Sprint? The EVO and Epic. What's up with that? This isn't a which phone is better thing, just pointing out how much Sprint is lacking on the high end phone selection.
25th December 2010, 07:59 PM |#5  
Flag Tacoma, WA, USA
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Since as a Premier member I can only upgrade every 12 monts, I'm cool with it.
25th December 2010, 08:05 PM |#6  
Flag Mason
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Award Tour

...because it just came out and is the headlining Android phone? Which brings me to my main point, does anyone think it's sad that the EVO is still Sprint's flagship phone? During the same time period:

a. Verizon had the Incredible, then the Droid X, Fascinate, Droid 2, and now the Droid Pro.

..and Sprint? The EVO and Epic. What's up with that? This isn't a which phone is better thing, just pointing out how much Sprint is lacking on the high end phone selection.

Sprint's NEVER had the biggest phone selection. They offer a few fantastic phones and dirt cheap plans. Honestly though, I'd pick the Evo and the Epic over any Android phone out there right now though haha. The Nexus S would be the only one I'd consider, but not anywhere near enough to leave spring haha
25th December 2010, 08:19 PM |#7  
Flag Brooklyn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfieldan

Sprint's NEVER had the biggest phone selection. They offer a few fantastic phones and dirt cheap plans. Honestly though, I'd pick the Evo and the Epic over any Android phone out there right now though haha. The Nexus S would be the only one I'd consider, but not anywhere near enough to leave spring haha

T-Mo is arguably as cheap plus it's HSPA+ is free. With them you got the options of: the Vibrant (it's SGS variant but is "meh"), G2 (Powerful and slick slider with Vanilla Android), MyTouch 4G (which is just about the/one of the best spec'd phones out), or the Nexus S (arguably the best phone out right now).

You could argue that you'll just upgrade every year in June but how is that a good thing? I mean, look at that Shift 4G thread where people are arguing on whether the EVO is still worth getting? It's 6 months old, I would feel extremely limited and not to mention shafted if I needed to get a high end Sprint phone right now.

I just think that Sprint has to step up with some more phones.
25th December 2010, 08:23 PM |#8  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfieldan

+1 the rest of the carriers have copious amounts of crap phones. I would rather have a few good phones to pick from than many, many, bad ones. JMO
25th December 2010, 08:32 PM |#9  
Flag Brooklyn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticallysweet

+1 the rest of the carriers have copious amounts of crap phones. I would rather have a few good phones to pick from than many, many, bad ones. JMO

The thing is that they have both a bunch of bad ones and a bunch of good ones. Sprint has a few bad ones and a few good ones.
25th December 2010, 08:32 PM |#10  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Award Tour

Yeah, but the EVO is still a stronger performing phone than most of the phones you listed there. Aside from the Droid Pro and Nexus S there isn't one phone there that would replace my EVO. Those WP7 phones aren't even a consideration imo....
25th December 2010, 08:45 PM |#11  
Flag Brooklyn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsweat

Yeah, but the EVO is still a stronger performing phone than most of the phones you listed there. Aside from the Droid Pro and Nexus S there isn't one phone there that would replace my EVO. Those WP7 phones aren't even a consideration imo....

The Droid Pro is trash IMO. I'd consider the Nexus S, iPhone 4, G2, and maybe (but probably not) a WP7 phone. It's all matter of preference but the fact is that you got more worthwhile phones to judge and I wish that was the case with Sprint.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)